Grace Killing Phrases
by Milton Almeida
These phrases instead of building up faith, they destroy faith!
There are phrases that are repeated over and over in the pulpits of America today, especially in the Charismatic circles. These phrases should be removed from our mind and our mouth as we would remove a cancer:
Below is a list of them. IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY THEY ARE UNBIBLICAL, AND THEREFORE, ERROR AND FALSE TEACHING, WRITE ME ASKING: "WHY IS THIS PHRASE UNBIBLICAL AND WHAT ARE ITS DEADLY CONSEQUENCES" AND MENTION THE NUMBER IN THE LIST BELOW. I WILL RESPOND TO ALL QUESTIONS ONE AT THE TIME VIA E-MAIL. There is no order of importance intended. They are all equally deadly:
- "You have to pray through"
- "God will not accept you without a gift"
- "You have to fast to get blessed"
- "God will not disrespect your will"
- "The Holy Spirit is a gentleman"
- "You need to do your best for God to be blessed"
- "God does not care about your need, he wants your faith"
- "You have to repeat this (...) prayer to be saved"
- "If you do not send me money, people will go without the Gospel"
- "If we don't have money to send preachers, people will go to hell"
- "I feel the blessing bouncing back to me when I pray for you..."
- "Pray for the Holy Spirit to "rain down" on you"
- "Seek the Holy Spirit"
- "Hold to God's unchanging hand"
- "There is a new name written down in Glory"
- "They backslid, therefore they lost their Salvation"
- "You do not have faith enough"
"You have to confess the Word to receive your blessing"
We will be posting more as we hear them in the radio, from the pulpits, from TV preachers and other unadvised people. Remember that the preachers who repeat these phrases may not mean evil at all. Although some prefer grossly to misinterpret scripture just to keep you in bondage, most preachers simply repeat these phrases because such phrases are in fashion and/or these preachers do not have the knowledge of perfect Grace!
Note that you don't have to struggle to please God other than believing the fact that you are uncapable to please Him fully and that JESUS PLEASED HIM FULLY ON YOUR BEHALF!
EMBASSY OF GRACE
2 WEST 19TH ST.
HOLLAND, MI 49423 - USA