Some Thoughts About Today's Religion
- People manage to “get saved” without discovering they are lost.
- They talk about loving God while hating others.
- They speak about being forgiven, but they cannot forgive.
- They proclaim “God is love,” but as to how God can be just and Justifier, they haven’t got a clue.
- They declare they are filled with the Spirit, but refuse to hear and submit to the only message the Holy Spirit has promised to bless, “Jesus Christ and Him crucified.”
- They talk about being holy people, but do not know that Christ is made of God to be the sinner’s “sanctification” (1 Corinthians 1:30).
- They generally are very willing to speak about their “works of righteousness,” but are ignorant of the righteousness of Christ freely imputed to all who believe Him.
- They say, “salvation is of the LORD,” but then condition salvation on the obedience of the sinner.
- They declare that sinners are saved by the grace of God, but in reality believe the exercise of their free will is the only difference between themselves and “the unsaved.”
- They decided to “let Jesus save them,” so they could get on with the more important matters of life, like caring for their families and pursuing the pleasures of the world.
- They have no interest in true worship or commitment to Christ the Lord, after all, they have taken out a “hell insurance policy;” they decided to “let Jesus save them.”
- They are told by a clever-talking preacher that since they said “yes” to Jesus the Savior, they are as sure for heaven as if they were already there.
- They talk about going to heaven, but have no interest in that which is the nearest to heaven on this earth: hearing the preaching of Christ and His successful work of salvation and worshiping God in spirit and in truth.
Published: Jun, 12 2020 Updated: Jun, 12 2020