PDA

View Full Version : Forum Software Upgraded

Brandan
01-16-06, 07:24 AM
Today I made the long dreaded upgrade to vBulletin 3.53. Please let me know if you find any bugs in the system. Thanks!

Bob Higby
01-16-06, 09:48 PM
Brandan:

Thanks so much for taking care of all the blog posting! Also, for all your hard work in maintaining the forum software.

The one 'bug' I experienced today and still is happening is on the Post Quick Reply; when you click Go Advanced it does not proceed to format a standard reply window but acts as if Post Quick Reply had been clicked and posts whatever is in the message box. Unless something has been entered in the message box, the Go Advanced returns an error message (this may have been like this before--I don't remember).

--Bob

Brandan
01-17-06, 01:53 PM
Hi Bob,

Lots of stuff going on here. I first "skinned" this software in 2001, and it's been a hassle to maintain the skin since vbulletin keeps getting upgraded. The HTML standard has changed so much since then, that eventually, my old stuff is found to be incompatible with the newer technology.

I've reverted everything to the default look of the forum software. I'm going to re-skin everything from scrach. I may even give 5solas.org a completely new look.

As for now, I'm going to keep this theme as the default. I'm also going to turn on some features that have not been used before.

As for your problem with the quickreply, please let me know if it continues to give you problems. If so, you may need to do a hard-refresh. To do this, simply go to a page where quick reply is located, and hold the ctrl key while pressing the refresh button in the browser.

- Brandan

GraceAmbassador
01-17-06, 01:59 PM
This actually looks good Brandan! Besides I believe we are not supposed to discriminate based upon the color of the skin:rolleyes:...

Milt