PDA

View Full Version : The Predestinarian Network First Annual Conference

Brandan
01-18-06, 03:42 PM
This May, we are going to have the very first annual conference for this website. It will take place in St. Louis on Thursday, May 4th (evening) through Sunday, May 7th.

As far as I know, the following people are going to be in attendance and I will update this list as I hear of more confirmations:

Bob Higby & Wife Ruth (Robert R. Higby)
Milton Almeida (Graceambassador)
Brandan Kraft (Darth Gill)
Angela Kraft (Mrs. Gill)
Mary Covington (Mcoving)
John and Mariellen Gipson (jmgipson)
Craig Miklosik & his wife (Kentucky Kid - pretty sure)

The following people are a maybe / considering:

Bryan & Lori Wanman (Whammer & Mrs. Whammer)
Scott Price's wife & another member from his congregation
Ray Kikkert & His wife Nanda
Daryl (beloved57)
Anthony Lawson (Tobias Crisp)
Scott Price (pretty sure)

If you are planning to attend, please let us know by replying to this thread.

Right now, we will be meeting in at a city center near my house.

We will have a schedule of events later. As of right now, we will have several MODERATED conversations. They will be videotaped, and they will be made available to the public for download!!!

Tentative Itinerary for 1st Annual Predestinarian Network / 5solas.org / Pristine Grace Conference

Thursday, May 4, 2006
6:00 PM - 10:00 Fellowship Dinner at a Local Restaurant (Bar & Grill)

Friday, May 5, 2006
9:00 AM to 9:30 AM - Coffee & Donuts (or some other healthy food) (optional)
9:30 AM to 10:00 AM - Greetings and Introductions
10:00 AM to 12:00 PM - Brandan will lead and moderate a discussion on the topic of GRACE vs. Works mentality (this could change).
12:00 PM to 6:00 PM - Free Time
5:00 PM to 6:30 PM - BBQ? (optional)
6:30 PM to 8:30 PM - Bob will lead and moderate a discussion titled "The Importance of High Grace Predestination to the Gospel"

Saturday, May 6, 2006
9:30 AM to 10:00 AM - Coffee & Donuts (maybe some fresh fruit?) (optional)
10:00 AM to 12:00 PM - Brandan will lead and moderate a discussion on the topic of justification from eternity.
12:00 PM to 6:30 PM - Free Time
6:30 PM to 8:30 PM - Bob will lead and moderate a discussion entitled "Rethinking Total Depravity & Original Sin."

Sunday, May 7, 2006
9:30 AM to 10:00 AM - Coffee & Donuts (or fruit!) (optional)
10:00 AM to 10:45 AM - Time for fellowship, prayer, hymns, open discussion?
10:45 AM to 11:45 AM - Sermon by Milt
11:45 AM to 12:00 PM - Recap and Goodbyes
12:00 PM to 1:00 PM - Optional Lunch at Restaurant

ray kikkert
01-19-06, 01:51 PM
This May, we are going to have the very first annual conference for this website. It will take place in St. Louis on Thursday, May 4th (evening) through Sunday, May 7th.

As far as I know, the following people are going to be in attendance and I will update this list as I hear of more confirmations:

Bob Higby
Milton Almeida
Brandan Kraft
Angela Kraft
Scott O'Nanski
Michael Hughes
Anthony Lawson

The following people are a maybe:

Scott Price (of gospeldefense.com)

Right now, we will be meeting in our homes (Bob's and Mine), but if it turns out we have more people attending, then we'll go out and rent a meeting room somewhere.

We will have a schedule of events later. As of right now, we will have several MODERATED conversations. They will be videotaped, and they will be made available to the public for download!!!

I will be sending an announcement on the blog soon. This is going to be a very exciting meeting in my opinion! The meeting will focus on High Grace Predestinarian Theology and its many distinctions.

Brandan , will you be able to give hotels rates in the area? I would have to ask Nanda and see if she would like to go. I have never been to Kentucky before.

Brandan
01-19-06, 03:45 PM
Brandan , will you be able to give hotels rates in the area? I would have to ask Nanda and see if she would like to go. I have never been to Kentucky before.Ray, I'll see if I can get hotel rates.... I don't know how that works, but I'll look into it! BTW, we're in Missouri. :)

ray kikkert
01-19-06, 03:57 PM
Ray, I'll see if I can get hotel rates.... I don't know how that works, but I'll look into it! BTW, we're in Missouri. :)

LOL, I have never been to Missouri either.:) Maybe Lord willing I can see both places. We will have to see how the business does come the spring.

Mickey
01-19-06, 10:58 PM
Ray! My brotha from anotha mutha...you have to come! I am breaking the bank in order to make it...if I can't see you at the conference I don't know what I will do!

Please Ray...for the love of donuts...come! Scott and I are going to put dog poo on all of the door steps of the local Arminian meeting buildings.:cool:

Bob Higby
01-19-06, 11:16 PM
At some point hotel information will be posted with recommendations! :o

ray kikkert
01-20-06, 10:21 AM
Ray! My brotha from anotha mutha...you have to come! I am breaking the bank in order to make it...if I can't see you at the conference I don't know what I will do!

Please Ray...for the love of donuts...come! Scott and I are going to put dog poo on all of the door steps of the local Arminian meeting buildings.:cool:

LOL, for the love of donuts.

I hope you bring Doc with. Luther would be proud:)

Hopefully by the end of April, things at the store will have picked up enough to take leave for a week. It will be our 10th wedding anniversary come August the 24th and Nanda wanted to go somewhere. Our 4 children will have to be looked after as well( grandparents)

We shall see what the Lord wills in the coming months.

It would be grand to see you folks and worship with you.

Tobias Crisp
01-22-06, 08:58 PM
The following people are a maybe:

Scott Price (of gospeldefense.com)

If you are planning to attend, please let us know by replying to this thread.I spoke with Scott tonight and he is pretty sure that he will be coming. Also his wife and one other guy from our church may be coming also.

~Anthony

Brandan
01-22-06, 08:59 PM
Wow, this is gonna be great!

Mickey
01-22-06, 09:00 PM
This is going to be the greatest sleep over ever!!!!!

Mickey
01-23-06, 12:43 PM
So the next question...Is Kyle going to be able to make it?

melted
01-23-06, 12:51 PM
So the next question...Is Kyle going to be able to make it?HAHA! It has been on my mind even before Brandan knighted me. I am pondering combining a trip to see my family in Kansas City with a jaunt over to St. Louis. My wife's mother has lung cancer, and she's caring for her, so it may be a little touchy (especially as time progresses) - so I am unable to commit right now.

I think we would enjoy it very much though and I'll try to work out the details. We will see what the Lord has in store :)

Brandan
02-16-06, 11:37 AM
Anybody else planning on coming. We need to know!

Whammer
02-16-06, 05:43 PM
This sounds like something that would be worth taking some vacation for Lord willing, put me and Lori (my wife) on the "considering" part of the list at this point, there are some adjustments that would have to "be" in place, so Brandan you could consider this a prayer request of sorts too!

beloved57
02-17-06, 05:14 PM

Bob Higby & Wife Ruth
Milton Almeida
Brandan Kraft
Angela Kraft
Scott O'Nanski
Michael Hughes
Anthony Lawson
Scott Price (pretty sure)

The following people are a maybe / considering:

Scott Price's wife & another member from his congregation
Ray Kikkert & His wife Nanda
Kyle Baker (melted)
Bryan Wanman

Right now, we will be meeting in our homes (Bob's and Mine), but if it turns out we have more people attending, then we'll go out and rent a meeting room somewhere.

I will be sending an announcement on the blog soon. This is going to be a very exciting meeting in my opinion! The meeting will focus on High Grace Predestinarian Theology and its many distinctions.

Interesting, please keep me posted...

beloved57
02-17-06, 07:37 PM
My wife and I may attend. I lived in east st louis back in 1979, I attended a bible college there called IBBC International baptist bible college. This of course was a arminian school and I was expelled because of my belief in election (acts 13:48) was my favorite quote. The leaders of the school forbade me to speak this truth to the other students and they tried to make me believe that those who" believed were disposed to eternal life" :( I never accepted that interpretation... But I trust that my trip to st. louie will be different if God permits the trip... So let me know about some feasible motels in the area...

Brandan
02-17-06, 07:39 PM
My wife and I may attend. I lived in east st louis back in 1979, I attended a bible college there called IBBC International baptist bible college. This of course was a arminian school and I was expelled because of my belief in election (acts 13:48) was my favorite quote. The leaders of the school forbade me to speak this truth to the other students and they tried to make me believe that those who" believed were disposed to eternal life" :( I never accepted that interpretation... But I trust that my trip to st. louie will be different if God permits the trip... So let me know about some feasible motels in the area...That would be great if the both of you could make it!

Bob Higby
02-22-06, 03:08 AM
I have a big house so I can host a limited number of 'friends of the forum' as well as some others who can't afford hotel accomodations. Assuming, of course, that you are not picky about where you sleep (bring your cots, pads, and air mattreses--I have a few but not many!).

Brandan
03-09-06, 07:29 PM
Mary (MCoving) has confirmed that she will be attending - all the way from Oregon :)

ray kikkert
03-09-06, 08:07 PM
Mary (MCoving) has confirmed that she will be attending - all the way from Oregon :)

I should tell you that Nanda has expressed interest and we have looked into a few things. It would take about 12 hours to get to you. We would probably break it up into 2 days of travel.

Also, we would need to know the address where we would meet so that from here we could book a motel.

Also , what will take place on Thursday through to Sunday.

.....all this Lord willing:)

Brandan
03-09-06, 08:58 PM
We're releasing the itinerary soon. Thursday will just be a dinner at a restaurant. Fri - Bob and I will each have a session. Same for Sat. On Sunday, milt will be preaching a sermon. We'll release more info very soon.

GraceAmbassador
03-09-06, 09:17 PM
I should tell you that Nanda has expressed interest and we have looked into a few things. It would take about 12 hours to get to you. We would probably break it up into 2 days of travel.

Also, we would need to know the address where we would meet so that from here we could book a motel.

Also , what will take place on Thursday through to Sunday.

.....all this Lord willing:)

Ray:

I think I am half way in Michigan from Canada... I will have family around because of my boy's wedding the week after the conference, but perhaps if you want to "squeeze" in, you can "crash" in my home for the night from
Thursday to Friday or even Saturday... I may be flying on Saturday or even Friday night... Let's see what is possible and I will do what is possible on time, the impossible in a couple of minutes and miracles may take a bit longer...

It all depends when I will have to offer the "darn" rehearsal dinner... for the wedding party (God, send me money!)

Milt

Bob Higby
03-10-06, 02:34 AM
In case any are wondering, the Friday and Saturday sessions will not be monologues. There will be a brief presentation of subject matter in each case (perhaps at the beginning and maybe also at interludes); then the main focus will be discussion with everyone eligible to participate to the fullest. The moderator of each session will control the discussion to some degree, of course.

ray kikkert
03-10-06, 10:40 AM
Ray:

I think I am half way in Michigan from Canada... I will have family around because of my boy's wedding the week after the conference, but perhaps if you want to "squeeze" in, you can "crash" in my home for the night from
Thursday to Friday or even Saturday... I may be flying on Saturday or even Friday night... Let's see what is possible and I will do what is possible on time, the impossible in a couple of minutes and miracles may take a bit longer...

It all depends when I will have to offer the "darn" rehearsal dinner... for the wedding party (God, send me money!)

Milt

Hey Milt thank you for the invitation. :)

Yet on trips like this Nanda and I like the idea of a motel. We do so also when over to visit the kindred spirits in the PRC by Grand Rapids.

If I was by myself , I would indeed take you up on your invitation.

:)

Bob Higby
03-10-06, 02:09 PM
For those making hotel reservations early on hotwire.com, it is best to stick with the following St. Louis area regions:

1. Downtown
2. Forest Park/Clayton
3. Fenton
4. St. Louis South

The other areas will be a long way away from wherever we end up deciding/reserving to meet.

--Bob

melted
03-10-06, 02:20 PM
Quick update on my family's situation...

It does not look like we will be making it for two reasons. For one, my mother-in-law's health is deteriorating rather quickly, and my wife is her care-giver. She may not be with us too much longer. Secondly, I may be bringing messages to our assembly during that period, in which case I could not be absent on Sunday.

I will of course let you guys know if anything changes. I am sad that we may not make it as we would very much enjoy getting to know you all better, and worshipping our Lord together!

jmgipson
03-10-06, 05:44 PM
Brandan,
It looks like my daughter will not be back from Iraq until October. My wife (Mariellen) and I are looking at flight, Hotel, and rental car packages. As of this moment it looks to be a go for us to the conference.

John Gipson

Washington Kid
03-10-06, 06:22 PM
Me and my wife Evelyn hope to come. I already picked my "guaranteed dates off" long ago at the Post Office, so I won't know for sure about the conference dates off until one week before my requested time off- I'll know April 27th DV. I'll let you know asap. When my wife and I travel we just stop at a nearby McDonald's and they usually have "discount books" for local hotel/motels. Robert thanks for listing the areas to shoot for. MCoving: Mary, I'm so glad you're planning to come! Hope to meet ya.......KK:) :)

jmgipson
03-13-06, 03:49 PM
Brandan, Bob,
I am booked and confirmed to St Loui. My Wife (Mariellen) and I will be staying at the Radisson Hotel & Suites in Downtown close to Edward Jones center. Hope this is the right area. It will be good to meet everyone. Ray if your coming don't bring Fred.

John Gipson

Brandan
03-13-06, 07:11 PM
You picked a great hotel. I work in downtown, and it's not that far a drive from where the meetings will be held! I'm glad you're going be there brother!

MCoving
03-15-06, 10:19 PM
Hello!! I am so excitied to be coming to the conference!! I dont know all the details yet, like transportation, food, what I'll be doing, or anything really. But I'm excitied to meet everyone and get to talk in person about our God and His amazing grace! haha that's never meant more to me than now!

So yeah I bought my ticket tonight, flying solo! hehe Arrive in St Louis at 3:14p Thursday and leave Sunday at 5:30p. I'm still working out transportation or if I'll need a rental. And all that but in time! And I'm still working on getting money, I have a small business called Tastefully Simple where I sell gourmet food. I know it'll all work together, just hard when I only student teaching! Can't wait to have a full time job, with a real income! haha

Anyways.. I'm so excitied! And I've just been skippin' and movin' all about my house tonight! Really tired though.. probably going to bed. Have a wonderful day and God bless!

Love In Christ,
Mary

Bob Higby
03-16-06, 01:08 AM
Mary, if you need a ride from the airport please let us know your itinerary. Either my wife or someone else can meet you. Also, if you need a place to stay send me a private message and we will work to arrange it. --Bob

MCoving
03-16-06, 08:49 PM
Mary, if you need a ride from the airport please let us know your itinerary. Either my wife or someone else can meet you. Also, if you need a place to stay send me a private message and we will work to arrange it. --Bob

Thanks Bob! Brandan was nice enough to offer his place, if things change I'll let you know. I dont know about a ride yet.. Brandan said he could try, I think it just depends, when things get closer maybe?

My itenerary is: Arriving in St Louis on Thursday at 3:14p and leaving Sunday at 5:30p. I tried to get good times so that I could hangout for dinner Thursday and make sure I could be there Sunday morning too.

I'm so excitied and can't wait for May! It's also kind of a treat for myself, a graduation gift in some ways. I graduate from College on April 29 with a Masters in Teaching!! I'm so excitied! Starting to look for jobs now! :)

Mary

Washington Kid
03-16-06, 08:53 PM
Congrats Mary on your Master's!!!!!:) :) :) ......KK

MCoving
03-17-06, 12:12 AM
Congrats Mary on your Master's!!!!!:) :) :) ......KK

THANK YOU!! Im not there yet, but soon! I can taste it really! It's quite exciting.

Mary

Brandan
03-21-06, 10:51 AM
Tentative Itinerary for 1st Annual Predestinarian Network / 5solas.org / Pristine Grace Conference

Thursday, May 4, 2006
6:00 PM - 10:00 - Fellowship Dinner at a Local Restaurant (Bar & Grill)

Friday, May 5, 2006
10:00 AM to 12:00 PM - Brandan will lead and moderate a discussion on the topic of Gace vs. Works mentality (this could change).
5:00 PM to 6:30 PM - BBQ (optional)
6:30 PM to 8:30 PM - Bob will lead and moderate a discussion titled "The Importance of High Grace Predestination to the Gospel"

Saturday, May 6, 2006
10:00 AM to 12:00 PM - Brandan will lead and moderate a discussion on the topic of the eternity of God and how it relates to Justification.
6:30 PM to 8:30 PM - Bob will lead and moderate a discussion entitled "Rethinking Total Depravity & Original Sin."

Sunday, May 7, 2006

Brandan
03-21-06, 10:54 AM
I'll have a conference room reserved at the Shrewsbury City Center which is within walking distance from my house.

ray kikkert
03-21-06, 01:05 PM
I'll have a conference room reserved at the Shrewsbury City Center which is within walking distance from my house.

Thanks buddy for the updates. Nanda has been going through the forum and checking out the forum and getting the updates for the conference. So ...if you see my name on the forum...it may just be Nanda. Send a "PM" and find out , if it is her, you might scare her:eek:

I really hope we can go.

Whammer
03-21-06, 02:25 PM
I am really trying every door, I am starting to see this conference as more than pure pleasure, I think it is necessary. With the unity I see building here IMO, I think it will really give us a "hands on" feel for each other, it would be helpful in setting "tone" to our words with one another while we type them in on the forum in the future. I have visited with some of my brethren on the phone and that helps alot, but face to face...cant be beat IMO. Some of you already live closer to each other and have close fellowship, I just want to see our unity grow and strengthen here....I cant seem to find the right words to express myself here, so I'll sign off and continue to read :)

MCoving
03-21-06, 02:59 PM
I am really trying every door, I am starting to see this conference as more than pure pleasure, I think it is necessary. With the unity I see building here IMO, I think it will really give us a "hands on" feel for each other, it would be helpful in setting "tone" to our words with one another while we type them in on the forum in the future. I have visited with some of my brethren on the phone and that helps alot, but face to face...cant be beat IMO. Some of you already live closer to each other and have close fellowship, I just want to see our unity grow and strengthen here....I cant seem to find the right words to express myself here, so I'll sign off and continue to read :)

Totally agree with you Bryan!! I'm really looking forward to the conference, it will definitely be refreshing to be in the presence of likeminded believers, there is so much more than just this online forum and talking on the phone. That's why I have such a desire to live near likeminded believers, Lord Willing in the future it will workout. I'm so excitied to be going to the conference! The itinerary looks great! And I'll definitely help out with the barbeque and breakfast! And anything else I can do! Maybe I can bring extra money and buy everyones breakfast one morning at the conference site. Like donuts, yogurt, juice, muffins, fruit, cereal.. yeah it could be like a continental breakfast!
I cant wait its going to be so awesome cant wait to meet everyone!! And hear in person from people about God, and just the dicussions we can have! A lot quicker than what the forum offers.. And to worship God with likeminded believers. Wow this is definitely going to be amazing! I mean all for the glory of God and He is the one who will make it amazing! I'm so thankful that it is in His Will for me to come! I'm praying for others to, Lord Willing everyone will be able to come! Hope you all have a wonderful day!! :)

Mary

ps- Love the butterfly Bryan!! I like having a bunch of avatars they are fun! Just wait and see what i put up next... hehehe

beloved57
03-21-06, 03:11 PM
Wow, sounds fantastic, My wife and I hope to be there , still unconfirmed at the moment, but will keep you all informed ;)

melted
03-30-06, 08:07 AM
My wife's mother passed away last week. Since we no longer have that obligation, the only other one holding us back from attending the conference is my bringing a message on that Sunday to our assembly. Since I have not been called by the assembly as a pastor/elder, I will not feel guilty about asking out of one Sunday to come to the conference!

Lord willing, we will arrive on Thursday evening and leave late Saturday since we'll be combining our trip with a visit to my parents in Kansas City.

We look forward to seeing everyone and worshipping our Lord together!

MCoving
03-30-06, 10:48 AM
My wife's mother passed away last week. Since we no longer have that obligation, the only other one holding us back from attending the conference is my bringing a message on that Sunday to our assembly. Since I have not been called by the assembly as a pastor/elder, I will not feel guilty about asking out of one Sunday to come to the conference!

Lord willing, we will arrive on Thursday evening and leave late Saturday since we'll be combining our trip with a visit to my parents in Kansas City.

Kyle, I'm sorry to hear about your wifes mother passing away though. That is always hard.. but as you see a blessing has come with it. And I would love to meet you guys at the conference! I hope that it is in the Lords Will for you to for sure come, and that it will be okay for you to miss that Sunday at your church. I mean I wouldn't see why not the conference would be good, you'd get to know more about God and can share your experience with them!

Well I hope you have a wonderful day!

Mary

MCoving
03-30-06, 04:13 PM
I was just wondering if people wanted to get like a group together and do sightseeing while in St. Louis in the afternoon? And I heard from Brandan there's a good Italian restaurant anyone up for that??

Just trying to find some exciting things to do.. I love going on vacations and visiting places.. taking pictures. And I dont know anyone going so it'd be nice to do something like that to get to know people more. Maybe visit the Arch? I've been there once.. but it'd be cool to do that again 'cause I'll have my SLR camera this time.

Any other things that people can do in St. Louis??

And I cant wait for dinner out Thursday night! And of course the awesome theological discussions we'll have! Just being together with likeminded believers will be so nice! Even though Ive never really met anyone and coming by myself. It'll still be amazing! I trust God on that one. Plus I love Italian food!! hehe :D

Mary

beloved57
03-30-06, 04:28 PM

May God comfort you and yours. My Mother passed in Sept of 05 , and My Grandmother passed March 06 , six months later, so I know how it feels my brother...

melted
03-30-06, 06:36 PM
May God comfort you and yours. My Mother passed in Sept of 05 , and My Grandmother passed March 06 , six months later, so I know how it feels my brother...Thank you Darryl. May God also comfort you with His graces in your time of loss -- He alone is our comfort and our strength!

Mickey
04-02-06, 06:07 PM
Hey yíall I just wanted to let those I havenít told yet know that I wonít be able to make it to the conference. I was looking forward to it so much but some pretty extreme circumstances have come up to prevent me from the sweet fellowship of my brothers and sisters once again.

Itís been a rough past few weeks as I have been very busy with school and work and trying to resolve my issue with the VA that is preventing me from coming to St. Louie. Oh how I miss being a kid, this grown up stuff is for the birds!

I do all I can to stay caught up on the new posts, but I canít dedicate too much time to responses; finals are coming up and I need to prepare for them. To tell you the truth I am already pretty burnt out, so these next few weeks are going to be rough.

Mike

GraceAmbassador
04-02-06, 06:16 PM
Hey yíall I just wanted to let those I havenít told yet know that I wonít be able to make it to the conference. I was looking forward to it so much but some pretty extreme circumstances have come up to prevent me from the sweet fellowship of my brothers and sisters once again.

Itís been a rough past few weeks as I have been very busy with school and work and trying to resolve my issue with the VA that is preventing me from coming to St. Louie. Oh how I miss being a kid, this grown up stuff is for the birds!

I do all I can to stay caught up on the new posts, but I canít dedicate too much time to responses; finals are coming up and I need to prepare for them. To tell you the truth I am already pretty burnt out, so these next few weeks are going to be rough.

Mike

Hey Mike, I will surely miss you there! I want you to know that I am an old fashion guy who doesn't mind expressing my feelings, so, let me tell you that I will REALLY miss meeting you personally and I long for that to happen one of these days. I was looking forward to that!

As to your load, please, throw some of it on my back! We can share it and it can be lighter for you to carry!

Milt

Washington Kid
04-02-06, 08:58 PM
Kyle may our sovereign God give your family peace at this time of trial........when one or more in the body of Christ suffers, the whole body suffers.....KK

GraceAmbassador
04-04-06, 06:04 PM
I believe God has given me the theme of my sermon:

God's signature through the ages.

What confirms God sanctions on something or someone?

The fire of the O.T. and the Upper Room?
The rushing mighty wind of Ezekiel and the Uper room?
The ark of the covenant?
The blood of the Cross?
The Christian conscience and common sense?
The prosperity of the Christian?
The resurrection?

What then is God's eternal signature that identifies His work beyond doubt and distinguishes His works through the ages? What cannot be imitated, managed, contolled and owned by anyone else? What is His triumph?

To whom is this truimph purposed and a "show off"?

Us?
The devil?

Answers in the Conference!

God willing I will deal with this subject that became THE beacon of light in my theological thinking!

disclaimer: This sermon may be changed by God any time without any advanced warning.

Milt

Bob Higby
04-04-06, 09:59 PM
Mary: I was just wondering if people wanted to get like a group together and do sightseeing while in St. Louis in the afternoon? And I heard from Brandan there's a good Italian restaurant anyone up for that??

The sightseeing is a great idea, maybe on Saturday afternoon? I think that Brandan had the Italian restaurant idea planned for the Thursday night event--unless I mis-interpreted what he has said! I'll have to ask him which one he believes is the BEST--as that is a disputed issue and 'friendly debate' here in St. Louis! I haven't the slightest doubt where I stand on the issue, however!

MCoving
04-05-06, 12:39 AM
The sightseeing is a great idea, maybe on Saturday afternoon? I think that Brandan had the Italian restaurant idea planned for the Thursday night event--unless I mis-interpreted what he has said! I'll have to ask him which one he believes is the BEST--as that is a disputed issue and 'friendly debate' here in St. Louis! I haven't the slightest doubt where I stand on the issue, however!

Thanks Bob that would be awesome!!:D I know I am quite nervous in coming and meeting people I have never met before, but at the same time I am not. I know once I get there I'll be so psyched!! Its going to be so much fun and I cant wait to meet everyone! And just have that chance to breath and get away as this month is crazy with student teaching and career plans!

I also wanted to say thanks.. thanks for looking out for me, and I look forward to you showing me the sights. :D Have a wonderful day and God bless!

Mary

melted
04-05-06, 07:47 AM
Mary, my wife has expressed interest in visiting the arch, so we may join you if you are still planning to do that!

Milt, I'm sorry that I will miss your sermon - it sounds interesting! We are scheduled to drive to KC Saturday evening to begin our visit with my folks.

jmgipson
04-05-06, 08:29 AM
Mary, my wife has expressed interest in visiting the arch, so we may join you if you are still planning to do that!

Milt, I'm sorry that I will miss your sermon - it sounds interesting! We are scheduled to drive to KC Saturday evening to begin our visit with my folks.

Kyle,

http://www.gatewayarchriverboats.com/images/homeBoat.jpg

Did Ronald McDonald get his idea from St. Loui or the other way around. This is making me hungry.

John

Brandan
04-05-06, 11:07 AM
I went to the new ballpark - it opened up last night. Here are a few pics from the new stadium...

jmgipson
04-05-06, 11:23 AM
I went to the new ballpark - it opened up last night. Here are a few pics from the new stadium...

Brandan,
You are making me homesick for the midwest. Such beautiful country.

John

MCoving
04-05-06, 11:30 PM

Oh Id love to go to the Arch! I'd love to take pictures!

The weather looks beautiful in both of these pictures! I hope it is that way when I come.. what amazing photography pictures I could take! And I'll take pictures of everyone too we could have group photos! :)
Also I wish there was a baseball game going that weekend! Maybe I'll just have to visit again in the future Brandan!! :D hehe

Mary

MCoving
04-05-06, 11:31 PM
Oh who all is going for sure right now? like totally confirmed going? 'Cause I keep getting confused..

Thanks!:D

Mary

ps- or maybe Brandan you could update the first post with whose going and who are maybes?

Washington Kid
04-06-06, 03:18 AM
Mary- my wife Evelyn and I won't know until one week before the conference- union rules!........KK

Washington Kid
04-27-06, 08:06 PM
It is with much regret that I and my wife will not be able to attend the conference. I work for the Post Office. They have a vacation calendar. On the calendar available to employees, it looked like I could get off. I was denied the time off as of today. I was notified that the union has 4 spaces blocked for 4 people to attend a "congressional breakfast" in Washington, DC that week. But, you all will be in my prayers during that special week. I will miss meeting youall.....bro Craig....KK

Brandan
05-04-06, 04:46 AM
Today is the big day.... Just about everyone who was coming cancelled on us over theological dispute or scheduling conflicts. Mary and John Gipson and his wife are going to be here as well as Bob's son Dan, so it should be a grand time! Tomorrow I'll try to get the first videos on the web after we get back! Milt won't be attending until Saturday evening... :( Since so few people will be attending, the discussions will be extremely informal so it might not video as well as I had originally planned.

Here is the conference schedule as a reminder. If you still plan on attending, send me a pm and I'll give you the directions to the conference center.

Thursday, May 4, 2006
6:00 PM - 10:00 - Fellowship Dinner at a Local Restaurant (Bar & Grill)

Friday, May 5, 2006
10:00 AM to 12:00 PM - Brandan will lead and moderate a discussion on the topic of Gace vs. Works mentality (this could change).
5:00 PM to 6:30 PM - BBQ (optional)

Saturday, May 6, 2006
10:00 AM to 12:00 PM - Brandan will lead and moderate a discussion on the topic of the eternity of God and how it relates to Justification.

Sunday, May 7, 2006

MCoving
05-04-06, 05:59 AM
Yipee!!! I leave soon this morning! I am so excitied! Not to mention I had a wonderful conversation with my dad the other day about why I am going to St. Louis. He still doesn't believe but I cant help but talk about God lately.
So I won't be online this weekend. I am so excitied about the break, and refocusing my mind on Christ and His Word. Just getting away and being with like minded brethren is such a blessing! I'm so thankful to God for all He has done.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!! :D

Mary

MCoving
05-04-06, 08:38 PM
I'm in St Loius! Its been exciting a little overwhelming but its so cool to hear people talk about God being in full control. And that we share doctrine. Last weekend I went to a church in my area where I thought the pastor believed in God controling everything..but then he talks like he doesn't. And talks about how Adam was made perfect.. but if he was made perfect then he wouldn't have sinned? right? And the pastor even said that Jesus could have sinned!!?? What? At my old church my youth pastor also went off on what if Jesus had sinned when talking about the temptations in the desert. I have always felt very strongly about this.. I left youth ministry at my old church because of it and I may even leave this new church.. but that leaves me with no more churches in Oregon that teach election. :(
I just dont get why anyone would ever say that Jesus could have sinned or what if he had sinned. CRAZY!!!

Going to go read.. have a great night!!

Mary:D