PDA

View Full Version : The Latest Teaching by Benny Hinn

Fledge
12-16-01, 09:43 AM
Benny Says: Don't pray without knowing His will in the matter. The Lord Jesus said that He would not leave nor forsake us, so you can pray that with confidence. He said: "I am the Lord your healer." You can pray that in confidence. He said: "There is liberty for you." So begin asking according to His will, and quit saying "if it is Your will."

WELL...YA KNOW...sometimes prayer is the way we find God's will. Sometimes, in our imperfect state, we simply don't know...so we pray. It is a good thing to do.

Besides, Benny says "quit saying "if it is Your will"....so what about when Jesus was in the Garden and prayed "Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done." (Luk 22:42)

So, Jesus was wrong in doing that? I think not.

Christ_†_Alone
12-16-01, 03:56 PM
Fledge,

Benny Hinn is a heretic, and I have no qualms whatsoever saying that.

He proves it nearly every time he opens his mouth.

HIS
12-16-01, 09:38 PM
Christ_Alone,

Just curious, can you tell why you feel Benny Hinn is a heretic?

I don't follow the man...I am just wondering why you made the statement.

HIS

Jep
12-16-01, 10:07 PM
"Just curious, can you tell why you feel Benny Hinn is a heretic?"

ME: *cough* Oh gosh, HIS. I owe you some other posts and I will get to them but, LOL...I have to jump in here. First, please consider this scripture: “For thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel: Do not let your prophets and your diviners who are in your midst deceive you, nor listen to your dreams that you cause to be dreamed. For they prophesy falsely to you in My name: I have not sent them, says the Lord” (Jeremiah 29:8-9).

Then through Moses, God gave us a barometer on how to judge prophets: “If the thing does not happen or come to pass, that is the thing that the Lord has not spoken: the prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him” (Deuteronomy 18:22).

SOooo......Here are some prophecies that Hinn gave to take place in the 1990's. :) (Oh, I'm having fun now). God would divinely cause three ministries to spring up from Hinn's home town of Orlando Florida. One will “spark the fires of evangelism,” another will “spark the great commitment” in the Church. But the third one, which has “just been birthed,” would “reach the young people of America from Orlando.” ALL of the young people of America would be saved through Benny Hinn.

Hinn predicted that this new ministry (his, of course) would “even go into the high schools of America and bring God back into the classrooms.” This “new breed of fighters,” Hinn said, “will even affect the minds in Washington, D.C., concerning Me.”

Hmmm...Ok, I don't remember this ever happening. But here's another one: “The Lord also tells me to tell you in the mid-nineties, about ‘94 or ‘95, no later than that, God will destroy the homosexual community of America” (emphasis added).

Well, we know (NOT) this occurred as prophesied. But here's another one I like: “The Spirit of God tells me an earthquake will hit the east coast of America and destroy much in the nineties.”

Hinn even went so far to claim that, “Not one place will be safe from earthquakes in the nineties. These who have not known earthquakes will know it.”

Hmmm....It's almost 2002 and I'm still waiting.

“There will be a woman that will arise as a leader in the west. ... Following the rapture [of the Church], a woman president will be in the White House. And that woman president will destroy this nation.” We also learn “that Europe ... will rule the nations and influence the world” and that Cuban leader “Fidel Castro will die in the nineties.”

Finally, when cornered by detractors, Hinn went on TBN and warned he would kill them all with his Holy Ghost machine gun if they didn't lighten up. Now there's a man of God. :)

countrymouse
12-18-01, 07:45 AM
Preach on, JEP!:D

Only thing I haven't figured out is whether he believes all the garbage he puts out, or whether he laughs all the way to the bank!

HIS
12-18-01, 01:00 PM
Jep...Thank you for your message. I honestly had not heard of any of those statements.

I believe you know how I feel about all of these preachers who have ministries named after themselves...

Since I don't watch TV, I never even hear much about them. As I have stated...They have their reward, but only on earth (my humble opinion).

I am amazed that he still has a following with "mainstream" Christianity if he made all of these perdictions that did not come to pass. I guess the saying is true...blind leading the blind.

Thanks again for your posting...

HIS

Brandan
12-18-01, 01:19 PM
1 Timothy 6:3-5, (NASB), If anyone advocates a different doctrine and does not agree with sound words, those of our Lord Jesus Christ, and with the doctrine conforming to godliness, he is conceited and understands nothing; but he has a morbid interest in controversial questions and disputes about words, out of which arise envy, strife, abusive language, evil suspicions, and constant friction between men of depraved mind and deprived of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain.

2 Corinthians 2:17, (NASB), For we are not like many, peddling the word of God, but as from sincerity, but as from God, we speak in Christ in the sight of God.

GRANTM
12-18-01, 04:51 PM
I don't Know who is funnier Benny Hinn or Benny Hill (may he rest in peace)

On a serious side Christianity has a big problem when the concepts and dictates as proposed by tele-evangilists like Hinn reach non-christians, especially if on foreign shores where they do not have another term of reference on the precepts of Christianity. Television is a mighty powerful medium.

tjilpi
01-02-02, 05:26 PM
benny Hinn and many other TV evangelists prey on the weak and vunerable of our society.
Our job is to help these people,with the true Gospel and learned information about these false preachers.
Don't be arrogant just tell them the truth about these people and the Spirit will guide them and you into the truth.
Do not be amazed these con men will abound more and more.

GRANTM
01-03-02, 05:45 PM
Hello, tjilpi
Welcome the forums.
Hows summer Going, didja do the" Shrimps on the Barbie" thing,

Our Sympathies and condolences to those affected by the Sydney Firestorm.

Quote:
{Benny Hinn and many other TV evangelists prey on the weak and vunerable of our society.
Our job is to help these people,with the true Gospel and learned information about these false preachers.
Don't be arrogant just tell them the truth about these people and the Spirit will guide them and you into the truth.
Do not be amazed these con men will abound more and more.}

What do you feel we need to do to find them, before Hinn and Others,
These "Converts" obviously new of God before, What do you feel is it that Hinn et al have that mainstream religion lacks?

tjilpi
01-04-02, 03:05 AM
Hi Grantm.
No barbie this year no summer yet either.
Adel. is cool.

Re;your question on mainstream churches vs. Hinn et al
!. Hinn lies and he is convincing.He is exciting and offers hope

2. TV is a source of news ad information.people believe what they see.

3.Main stream churches may not have a buring desire to help some into the Kingdom Until we put others before our own life
we a just enjoying a comfort zone.Do we love God above all else and the unsaved as the most important endevour in our lives.

4 Hinn et al have a burning desire to make money they have the formula and they are totaly focused.

5.When we a totally focused on being about our fathers business
the Holy Spirit will pour out and lives will be saved its up to us...Just Do It.

Andrew
01-04-02, 03:43 AM
Fledge,

You missed the point in Brother Hinn's teaching about not praying "if it be your will" prayers. And I must say you missed it prob cos you are dead against him to start with -- ie you are biased. :D

To pray with confidence and faith, its makes all the difference if you know what is God's will concerning the matter. eg if Jesus came down, stood in front of you and said: "My will is to heal your friend X of cancer, so pray for him!" Then you wld really have no problem praying with faith becos you heard from Jesus himself! You wld NOT subsequently go and pray "Lord IF it's your will..." cos Jesus just told you it IS his will.

Of course this spectacular visitation prob wont happen cos He's already given us his Word, which does say God's will is to heal. So, once you've heard that from God thru his Word, you pray with confidence, and if you pray with faith, you dont have to ask "IF it's your will". That's praying with a 50-50 attitude or without faith. In the WOF circle, "IF" is the badge of doubt, which just goes against Mark 11:11.

Again, I'm not try to win you over, but just to help you understand a little more why WOF preachers say this about "IF" prayers.

Odyssey
01-04-02, 08:10 AM
The problem comes when we don't know what the will of god is for an individual. There is nothing wrong with 'if' prayers. It is putting yourself in the position of the humble servant of god. Jesus, knowing full well the will of god, prayed 'if' prayers:

Matthew 26. 39, 42. 'And He went a little beyond them, and fell on His face and prayed, saying, "My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; yet not as I will, but as Thou wilt."...He went away again a second time and prayed, saying, "My Father, if this cannot pass away unless I drink it, Thy will be done." '

So, again, there is nothing wrong with 'if' prayers. If Jesus, whom is to be our example, prayed 'if' prayers knowing full well the will of god, how much more should we?

Grace to you,

jak

Fledge
01-04-02, 09:49 AM
"IF" it be Your will.....

That tells us that we rely totally on Him. That we don't always know what's best for us, and that we are weak and completely dependent on Him.

And on this, I totally agree with Odyssey!

Andrew
01-06-02, 09:53 AM
Od,

Jesus never prayed "if it be your will" as if he did not know what the Father's will was! He prayed "if it be possible" for him not to suffer and be sep from his Father and die. there's a world of difference.

and actually it is possible in the sense that Jesus doesnt owe us anything. he cld have called legions of angels there to rescue him then if he wanted to. but since he KNEW the Father's will he laid down his life, and certainly did not pray in an uncertain-about-his-role/God's purpose manner!

So who says Jesus prayed "if it is your will" prayerS. even if you think he did on this occasion, it's only ONE case.

more so, the point WOF preachers are trying to make is that you can't come to God boldly and ask in faith (Mark 11:11) for X if you are not sure what He wants with regards to X. one moment you'll be praying in one direction and another moment you'll be praying in another direction. u cant claim opposites at the same time.

there's nothing wrong with praying to find out God's will when we dont know what's best for us but you simply can't claim something in faith if you dont know if God wills it. your faith will surely waver.

Dr. Szo
01-09-02, 12:56 AM
God ultimately moves all things in the direction of His purpose, even those who may be in error. Benny Hinn makes mistakes like anyone else, and if they are BIG mistakes, he will be held responsible for it. But I agree with you Andrew. Prayer, together with meditating on the Scriptures, is a way to place a soul on the path to knowing God's will experientially.

Blessings,
Dr. Szo

fredbvalani
01-09-02, 02:14 AM
Why are you people castigating other believers like that. Are you saying that these people never got saved or never got called in the ministry by God.

Or that they are brothers in the Lord who have just made some mistakes, or seem to be losing focus ?

Brethren do you want to tell me that all that we see in Benny Hinn's crusades are the works of the devil ?

Andrew
01-09-02, 03:11 AM
fred,

that's what i've been trying to tell these self-appointed heresy hunters. BTW there's no such ministry. God gave us good uplifting gifts of office of pastor, prophet, apostles, teachers etc but not heresy hunters who bring down other Christians.

And that's the other thing too, a false prophet according to the Bible is a wolf in sheep's clothing. ie not a sheep. a totally diff animal! That means that false prophets are not Christians actually becos you are either a sheep or a wolf.

So to call people like Benny Hinn, Hagin and the Copelands false prophets out to deceive, is also to judge them as non-believers. ie they arent saved. how the heck do these heresy hunters know? have they even read their conversion testimonies? do they check to see what they confess about Jesus?

Granted these ppl are not perfect and certainly have made silly mistakes and taught certain things that may not be accurate, but which pastor or preacher is perfect? Why not also attack the pastor that teaches "once save always saved" for that is heresy to some? Why not also attack the pastor that teaches on tithing, for that is wrong to some? Why not also attack every tongue speaking preacher for that is demonic to some? Why not also attack those who practise infant Baptism for the is unbiblical to many? The list goes on.

Finally, the bible says that these servants of God are answerable to God and God can make them stand. They dont answer to heresy hunters. It's no wonder many dont even bother to answer their critics.
:)

Here are some testimonies from people who have appeared on TBN (which is also under attack by heresy hunters) Judge for yourself is TBN is of the devil.

http://tbn.org/watch/interviews/index.htm

read what Henry Hinn (brother of Benny Hinn) says.

fredbvalani
01-09-02, 08:23 AM
In my last post I said these guys are confusing me. Coz I have watched on TV, read material from Kenneth Hagin, Copeland, Creflo Dollar, Joyce Meyer, Jerry Savelle e.t.c. I have also watched Benny Hinn.

Can you people give me a list of the preachers that are heretics and those that are not so that I can stop watching the "heretics" and instead start watching the true servants of God.

And what is the dividing line btwn them.

jhamrick
01-09-02, 08:43 AM
1 Timothy 6:3-5, (NASB), If anyone advocates a different doctrine and does not agree with sound words, those of our Lord Jesus Christ, and with the doctrine conforming to godliness, he is conceited and understands nothing; but he has a morbid interest in controversial questions and disputes about words, out of which arise envy, strife, abusive language, evil suspicions, and constant friction between men of depraved mind and deprived of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain.

This scripture is borrowed from Kermie's earlier post. It is not that hard to find a heretic. BAsically his teachings don't line up with scripture. Unfortunately this is the case for a lot of the guys mentioned here. THere are other threads that further detail the erroneous teachings.

Fledge
01-09-02, 08:55 AM
When someone is teaching false doctrines, it is our responsibility as Christians to point it out. NOT to make judgments on Hinn's or Copeland's or Hagin's or whoever's spiritual condition. They may well be very sincere Christians...but they are teaching falsehoods so VERY often. WHY? I don't know. Maybe they are deceived, maybe it is on purpose, maybe it is malicious, maybe it is honest mistake, but whatever their reasons...they are so often wrong.

They may just every bit as much on their way to heaven as I, or you, or any Christian. I pray for them, that they will learn the Truth and proclaim the truth and not the false, harmful doctrines that so many of them propogate.

As for a "list" of bad teachers. Well...your best bet is to know the Truth so well, to know the Bible so well, to know solid biblical doctrine so well that you can see a counterfeit a mile away. You don't need to know all the wrong teachings and teachers...but be so familiar with The Truth that the false sticks out like a sore thumb.

As for people being a wolf in sheep's clothing. True, they are totally different animals, and wolves are harmful. But they APPEAR to be sheep. SO, it is quite implied that if someone can see that they are woves, shouldn't that person announce to the world that "so-and-so" iis a wolf and NOT a sheep? SOme people may not realize it, and can well be destroyed by the wolf.

Fledge
01-09-02, 09:07 AM
Paul instructed Timothy, we are to zealously guard the purity of the message God has entrusted to us, and for good reason (1 Tim 1:18-19; 6:20; 2 Tim. 4:2-5).

We read in such passages as Acts chapter 20, and 2 Peter chapter 2, that false teachers will arise, bringing with them destructive heresies, distorting the truth and destroying the faith of some. Moreover, it is clear that these teachers will come not only from outside the church, but also from within the body of Christ as well.

It is therefore imperative that we test all things by Scripture (1 Thes. 5:21). It was in this spirit that the Bereans examined the words of the Apostle Paul, for which they were reckoned as noble in character (Acts 17:11).

Indeed, not only can the Bible be used for preaching, teaching and encouragement, but, it is equally valuable for correcting and rebuking (2 Tim. 4:2). As a matter of fact, we as Christians are held accountable for proclaiming the whole will of God, warning others of false teachings. (Acts 20:26-28; cf. Ezek. 33:7-9; 34:1-10).

This is not merely a suggestion, it is, in fact, a divine mandate.
Of course if heresies are coming from teachers within the church, we ought to try and approach them first with our concerns.

Should that fail to resolve the problem, we are told in Matthew 18 to expose their errors to the church; and if need be, divulge their names. (1 Tim. 1:20; 2 Tim. 2:17-18; 4:14-15; 3 John 9-10).

We would, therefore, do well to heed Scripture’s explicit warnings to be on guard for false teachings (Rom. 16:17-18; cf. 1 Tim. 1:3-4; 4:16; 2 Tim. 1:13-14; Titus 1:9; 2:1), and to point them out to brothers and sisters in Christ (2 Tim. 4:6).

It is not our practice to make an issue out of peripheral matters on which honest Christians can differ.

However, we should be committed to exposing those who would compromise the essential doctrines of the historic Christian faith. Remember, controversy for the sake of controversy is sin. But controversy for the sake of the truth is a divine command.

tjilpi
01-09-02, 06:42 PM
I don't see the Devil in all the works of these preachers.
Greed selfishness and a way to make money may be the driving force.
However there is only one Gospel and to preach another is AntiChrist.

Those that preach the true Gospel and are good shepherds are most certainly from God.

We are following God or we follow something else we cannot serve two masters.

The truth is the Word of God. All else is the ideas of men,they may be inspired by the devil or simply by greed and corruption.
Also some start an honest God led ministery then fall for many reasons.

We obey God and follow in his ways or we do not.
To teach another way is not of God.

Andrew
01-10-02, 12:56 AM
I just saw a 2-hour video last nite on a collection of powerful testimonies from people who were touched/taught by the teachings/preaching of the Copelands.

When the crisis came, they applied what they had learned or learned what they had not learned from this WOF ministry, and saw victory and miracles in the end.

Now if such "heresy" is producing so much powerful testimonies for God, then all I can say is preach on!

I challenge the critics to dare watch it for themselves b4 they spew another word of condemnation. The video is called:

Real People, Real Needs, Real Victories by Kenneth Copeland Ministries.

countrymouse
01-10-02, 10:47 AM
Andrew,

Somewhere in another thread (or maybe this one) I quoted a familiar saying, "God can hit straight with a crooked stick!" (Can't remember who said that).

There are two possibilities about the videos you watched. The testimonies of these people may indeed be evidence of God doing just what the quote says. He certainly can.

However, have you considered the other possibility? Which is that these testimonies may have been fabricated and the people may have been paid to say them on the video. Say all you will about spiritual discernment, but do you know any of those people personally??? Or do you know anyone who can verify their testimonies?

As someone else said earlier, Hinn and Copeland and the others may be our brothers and sisters in Christ. I really have my doubts, based on the evidence, but it is not my place to make that judgment. Romans 14:4 "Who are you to judge the servant of another?" But they cannot be my teachers, because they have presumed to prophesy what the Holy Spirit did not tell them to say! Andrew, clearly they have! Please, will you examine the evidence? How can you let them be your teachers???

jhamrick
01-10-02, 12:57 PM
Andrew said:
"Now if such "heresy" is producing so much powerful testimonies for God, then all I can say is preach on!"

Seriously Andrew? So no matter what the teaching, you'll aprove as long as it is attributed to God?

WHat if I went around the country teaching teenagers that the way to get into the spirit was to have pre-marital sex. I'm sure I could fill up 10 video tapes with testimonies giving glory to GOd for their lives being so wonderful.....
1 problem there; that teaching is anti-scriptural, and so are the teachings that have been shown here and in some other threads. You should really look into it and don't be a blind follower.

Regardless of any amazing results, no word of man can ever out weigh the Word of God.

tjilpi
01-10-02, 06:28 PM
Hi Andrew,
I think I understand what your saying,but consider this,it is not the preacher but Jesus that should get the credit.
Already we are debating the miracles of Copeland Hinn et al.

I am sure that if God is calling we will hear even from non Scriptural preachers. The miracles are of God not the preachers.
Not all preachers preach the Gospel,but it is possible God can use their platform to save.
This should not be equated with an endorsement from God.

Also self praise is no recommendation. What do others say about Copeland Hinn et al.

All groups that make money use self promotion to endorse their works. Its what the truth is, that is important.

Fledge
01-10-02, 06:43 PM
I can make tapes, and hire people to rant and rave about how awesome this or that is, I could pay them to speak highly of me and my methods or beliefs, and I give them money to talk about all the miracles and how their life has gotten so much better because of ME or MY ministry. BUT, that's all that is...paid actors playing a part.

Look at the teachings of these teachers, look at their claims, and seek outside, NON-biased evidences...not something produced by them themselves.

Andrew
01-10-02, 11:09 PM
Hey guys I understand all your points. That's why I said to watch the tape for yourself first and judge the content for yourself, eg who is being glorified, is it acting or genuine, how are the lives changed, etc.

I can't verify cause I live in Singapore. Perhaps you guys can since you live in the States. Perhaps one of the person interviewed is actually someone you know, or the church involved is in the vicinity.

Yet you guys seem to write off the whole thing even b4 you have watched it, and reason being it was produced by Copeland ministries. Is that fair? Are u saying everything that has to do with the Copelands is evil, so never mind what comes out from them?

The other thing is why wld they fake the whole thing. It's so easy for people to check it up becos they feature real people and real places in America. Why not verify every Christian video you watch from now on??

Come on, watch it really, and I can gaurantee it will bless you. If not, watch it so that you can point out the "deceptions" and warn your friends about the new "weapons" formed, and let me know too. :)

Andrew
01-10-02, 11:25 PM
tjilpi,
---------
it is not the preacher but Jesus that should get the credit.
---------
100% in agreement. The content/ppl interviewed aren't glorifying the Copelands. The Copelands weren't even interviewed.

--------------
Already we are debating the miracles of Copeland Hinn et al.
--------------
It's not about their powers. We are all mature enough to know that miracles work by the power of God and that we are only his instruments. And the Copelands and Hinns certainly know this.

-----------
Also self praise is no recommendation. What do others say about Copeland Hinn et al.
----------
I've never seen the Copelands or Hinn praise themselves. certainly not in this video. as to what others say, there are of course those who uphold them and those who condemn them.

----------
All groups that make money use self promotion to endorse their works.
-----------
If you are talking about marketing your product, what's wrong with that??? Paul did say that we can earn our living from preaching the gospel. So what's wrong with good marketing. You might as well say that Christians cannot write and sell books and videos. or that peple like Carman cannot promote his shows.

-----------
Its what the truth is, that is important.
-----------
So what's the truth? Your church has it and mine doesnt? You are right about the WOFs and the rest of the Christian community who believe in what they teach are wrong?

watch the video first.:)

greg2
01-12-02, 10:39 PM
I think your right andrew as long as they do it give God the credit its a good thing.And i believe that we are to quick to judge are brothers that do Gods work they are human to and will make mistakes that is why we all fall short .So we should let God judge but when you know its not the word of god they are teaching rebuke them if you can love never fails.

gsr
01-14-02, 02:10 PM
In the interest of fairplay, here are some links to the cons and pros of Benny Hinn and his teachings. His program or himself does appear on about 4-6hrs/24hrs of TBN programming. We should be able to discern the spirits and look at the fruits so judgmental attitudes should not arise.

The cons
http://christiansaware.faithweb.com/Hinn_crib.htm
http://www.equip.org/free/DC755-1.htm
http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/page3.html
http://www.hbcdelivers.org/wfheresy.htm
http://www.pentecostal-issues.org/journal/hinn/
http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/exposes/hinn/general.htm
http://www.discernment.org/benny.htm
http://harpazo.net/Apostasy/
http://fakefaithhealers.com/
http://www.gospelcom.net/apologeticsindex/h01.html
http://www.users.qwest.net/~lorield/endtime_prophets/hinn.html
http://www.llano.net/baptist/hinnsgoldenegg.htm
http://www.biblebb.com/files/WRDFAITH.HTM
http://www.demonbuster.com/bennyhinn.html
http://cnview.com/on_line_resources/the_confusing_world_of_benny_hinn.htm

appears to be part of word of faith movement

The pros
His own site http://www.bennyhinn.org/index2.html
http://www.tbn.org/about/newsletter/0001/000105.htm
http://www.pentecostal-issues.org/journal/hinn/
http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/exposes/hinn/general.htm
http://www.discernment.org/benny.htm

from another board
http://www.subpop.com/wwwboard/messages/408.html

There are plenty more, but the overall balance of links lean to a negative viewpoint of Benny Hinn.

Andrew
01-15-02, 12:26 AM
hi gsr,
--------------
but the overall balance of links lean to a negative viewpoint of Benny Hinn.
--------------

to be "fair" as you have said, we shld also not forget that people are more inclined to
criticise someone than to praise them. ie fault-finding. and radical ppl are usu criticised for introducing new ideas. Also, servants of God usu (not all the time of cse) leave the critics in the hands of God, as do their supporters.

:D

countrymouse
01-15-02, 09:20 AM
Let me ask a question:

Where does our allegiance belong, as believers and members of the body of Christ? When someone claims to speak in the name of God, and in that Name proclaims things that are either ridiculous or in obvious opposition to sound, BIBLICAL doctrine, how can any of us justify defending that person??? Did Benny Hinn or Kenneth Copeland or Paul Crouch pay the price to reconcile you to God, or did Jesus do it?

Where's your allegiance?

jhamrick
01-15-02, 09:52 AM
Paul Crouch didn't pay the price for me playing on his network, much less for my salvation!

:D

countrymouse
01-16-02, 08:32 AM
Andrew,

I realize this thread is about Benny Hinn, but, by extension, let's include other WOF teachers.

Defend this:
"Pray to yourself, because I'm in your self and you're in My self. We are one Spirit, saith the Lord." - Kenneth Copeland, 1987

"I say this with all respect so that it don't upset you too bad, but I say it anyway. When I read in the Bible where he [Jesus] says, 'I Am,' I just smile and say, 'Yes, I Am, too!'" - Kenneth Copeland, 1987