PDA

View Full Version : New infraction / warning system...

Brandan
06-12-06, 10:43 AM
In the new release of vbulletin, there was a feature added that allowed allows me and the other facilitators to warn a user if they're violating the posting policies. We will be using this method as the primary means of letting you know what is and what isn't acceptable.

If you receive a warning or an infraction - don't get upset, and don't waste your breath talking to us about it. Just deal with it and move on :)

Brandan

katoikei
06-12-06, 11:38 AM
Okay, I understand. I did reply to the infraction that was given me and will accept it as a rule, though I do firmly disagree with the decision based on the very unpleasant manner of the said party, has been manifesting all over this forum. Peace, Katoikei.

MCoving
06-12-06, 06:20 PM
Hey could you explain the other feature that was added.. up in the right corner? Add to someones reputation and report bad post? I'm unsure of these.. and not sure if I understand or like the idea of others adding to someones reputation? Especially if someone gets upset.. and could just in a negative way impact that?
Also is the main homepage changed or still working out bugs? Just curious... wasn't sure if it was a change or still working on getting the main homepage back. Thanks!
Thanks alot again Brandan for all you do!:D :D :D :D

Mary

Brandan
06-12-06, 07:18 PM
Hey could you explain the other feature that was added.. up in the right corner? Add to someones reputation and report bad post? I'm unsure of these.. and not sure if I understand or like the idea of others adding to someones reputation? Especially if someone gets upset.. and could just in a negative way impact that?
Also is the main homepage changed or still working out bugs? Just curious... wasn't sure if it was a change or still working on getting the main homepage back. Thanks!
Thanks alot again Brandan for all you do!:D :D :D :D

MaryHi Mary,

The reputation thingy is something that I'm not familiar with - I just turned on the feature. You can play with it if you like.

Also, the main homepage won't be back for a little bit because this version of vbulletin is not compatible with vbadvanced (the home page software). I'm waiting for a solution.

Brandan

katoikei
06-13-06, 04:35 AM
I agree with Mary. Such power in the hands of someone with a grudge might be devastating even to our precious Mod's and dare I say even it our 'mean, harsh and arrogant' facillitator. Ouch! I move that Mod's and Facillitators be beyond reproof, and therefore not subject to judgement, except among themselves. :o

GraceAmbassador
06-13-06, 09:26 AM
I agree with Mary. Such power in the hands of someone with a grudge might be devastating even to our precious Mod's and dare I say even it our 'mean, harsh and arrogant' facillitator. Ouch! I move that Mod's and Facillitators be beyond reproof, and therefore not subject to judgement, except among themselves.

KatoKei and all:

A used the "reputation" icon and it is REALLY fun! I graded KatoKei, and you will love it! Once you "grade" someone using the parameters, there is a java script that comes back to you "wishing" that you get the same (if it is good)... I don't know what happens if it is bad, but I believe it is intended for "fun" more than anything else. Nothing to be concerned about!

Milt

katoikei
06-13-06, 11:03 AM
Bless God my brother. (Please people don't punish me for this short post) :)

GraceAmbassador
06-13-06, 11:42 AM
Bless God my brother. (Please people don't punish me for this short post) :)

No mercy! You get three hail maries and 3 lord's prayers on your knees in a layer of corn... I mean the corn of the corn...:mad:

Milt

katoikei
06-13-06, 01:48 PM
No mercy! You get three hail maries and 3 lord's prayers on your knees in a layer of corn... I mean the corn of the corn...:mad:

Milt

I once used to carry around a little tract called 'Vrau den Tranen' (just call it youthful confusion), and well you bet I can do the Lord's prayer, but that corn eeeeeeeeeyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii I have soft boney knees and wouldn't last a minute, now you have me singing sweet catholic homilies, and begging for mercy...set me free from my infraction, I'm beginning to feel like Luther practicing flagellation...Oh mercy, mercy meeeeee...:D

(If anyone should be punished with an infraction it's got to be you, or Darth for starting this thread in the first place...)