PDA

View Full Version : U = Unconditional Election

Christ__Alone
10-05-01, 03:34 PM
Unconditional Election

God's choice of certain individuals unto salvation, before the foundation of the world, rested soley on His own Sovereign Will.

His choice of particular sinners was not based on any foreseen response or obedience on their part, such as faith, repentance, etc. On the contrary, God gives faith and repentance to each individual whom He selected. These acts are the result, not the cause, of God's choice.

Election therefore was not determined by or conditioned upon an virtuous quality or act foreseen in man. Those whom God sovereignly elected He brings through the power of the Spirit to a willing acceptance of Christ. Thus God's choice of Christ, is the ultimate cause of salvation.

Key Verses

Romans 9:11 ; 11:5,7 ; 11:28 ; 8:38-39
1 Thessalonians 1:4
2 Thessalonians 2:13 ; 14:2
2 Peter 1:10
Ephesians 1:3-14
2 Timothy 1:9,10

prophet4real
10-29-01, 11:43 AM
It is only after I was saved that I realized that I had been elected.Not before.It is not by my righteous will that I was saved because I did not know God. It was an act of God through His holy Spirit that convicted me of sin and repentance.

Every man has a distaney that is predeturmaned.It is appointed for man once to die and after that the Judgement. I am awe struck that God should choose me to receive of his mercy and Grace.

Our assurance of our destaney should not cause us to prejudge weather a person should be or could be called.

The many who are called and the fue that are chosen relates to those who hear the word and those who receive it. Not all who hear will receive it but all who receive have heard.

God has given us our part in accomplising His perpose. We are to preach the word . To gleen the fields so to speek.:eek: