PDA

View Full Version : New Theme

Brandan
03-27-08, 11:39 AM
I changed the theme from "Welcome to the Real World!" to "Faith without works.... SAVES!" I thought it was more fitting at this time. :D Thanks to calvinator who provided the quote. - Brandan

EDIT: Decided to change it to "Faith without works is ALIVE!"

MCoving
03-27-08, 11:44 AM
I changed the theme from "Welcome to the Real World!" to "Faith without works.... SAVES!" I thought it was more fitting at this time. :D Thanks to calvinator who provided the quote. - Brandan

Yeah I do agree! John is a cool man, how sad tho that even his name was pulled into the trash bashing over at testallthings. It's like this guy Thomas has nothing better to do, than pick thru people on pnet and talk trash about them. I wish the admin would stand up to these fools.. but I guess he hasn't.. pretty sad.

Here's some good bible verses:
Romans 3:28, (NASB), For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

John 6:28, (NASB), “What shall we do, so that we may work the works of God?” “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.”

Romans 4:1-8, (NASB)
1 What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh, has found?2 For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God.3 For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness."4 Now to the one who works, his wage is not credited as a favor, but as what is due.5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness,6 just as David also speaks of the blessing on the man to whom God credits righteousness apart from works:7 "Blessed are those whose lawless deeds have been forgiven, And whose sins have been covered.8 "Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will not take into account."

Brandan
03-27-08, 11:51 AM
No need to be concerned about Ivor Thomas - remember he thinks that Jesus had sin infused / imparted to him on the cross (the Ian Potts / Fortner / weird teaching). He was banned from this website years ago over his behavior here - he won't be allowed back on any time soon. :D

Anyway, let's not be concerned with that forum any more - we have more important things to think about. I thank all my friends for standing with me in solidarity for the truth. Even those who don't agree with me on James have come to my defense, and I am grateful for that.

The issue really isn't whether or not James is authoritative. The issue is, what do we use to determine what is! - Brandan

Brandan
03-27-08, 12:02 PM
We all know it was Jesus who saved his people entirely in the mind of God by his earthly work. All of God's elect are born "saved" in the sense that God forensically accounts them as righteous (whether it be before Christ's work in time or after it as God has always seen Jesus as the saviour). Faith is how people come to know that they ARE ALREADY saved by Christ. That is why it is called saving faith. There is no such thing as DEAD FAITH. PERIOD!

Brandan
03-27-08, 02:54 PM
From our profile questionnaire:
Is there such a thing as a "Dead Faith?"
A) Yes, it is possible for a person to believe the truth and not at all walk in good works.
B) No, there is no such thing as a "dead faith" because those who give mental assent to the truth will undoubtedly perform good works.
C) I don't know.

If you answered "B", then how can you believe what the book of James says: "Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself." (James 2:7) (Question - do brand new believers have works? - is their faith dead?)

"For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead." (James 2:26)

Marcuslid
03-27-08, 03:23 PM
From our profile questionnaire:
Is there such a thing as a "Dead Faith?"
A) Yes, it is possible for a person to believe the truth and not at all walk in good works.
B) No, there is no such thing as a "dead faith" because those who give mental assent to the truth will undoubtedly perform good works.
C) I don't know.

If you answered "B", then how can you believe what the book of James says: "Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself." (James 2:7) (Question - do brand new believers have works? - is their faith dead?)

"For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead." (James 2:26)

(Question - do brand new believers have works? - is their faith dead?)
Would be the same as the thief in Luke 23. I don't think I would call it works but call it fruit(or evidence) of being regenerated.
Luke 23:40-42

40But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
41And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss. 42And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

MCoving
03-27-08, 05:36 PM
Dang my back is hurting.. but wanted to say this many people think works as doing good, feeding the poor, tithing, going to church, etc. Whereas in John the people ask about works they shall do, and there is only one work.. that is to believe in Christ. So salvation is from the Cross , we are saved before we even confess anything. The work the evidence of our salvation is our conversion, repentance, our call, etc. I believe that to know one is saved is by their faith... what God has given them.

So of course no such thing as dead faith.. faith is alive! True faith given by God is alive.. if its not true faith like all fake and everything, then course they wont believe the Truth, have repentance... etc.

Brandan
03-27-08, 05:39 PM
there is only one work.. that is to believe in Christ.
Jn 6:29, (NASB), Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent."

MCoving
03-27-08, 08:22 PM
Jn 6:29, (NASB), Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent."

Thanks for the correction I was hurtin... pry should have clarified that I didn't mean that believing was by us alone. But it is true it is the work of God not our work... so we really have no works. God is at work in His people.. to make them believe, to teach them, open their eyes to Truths, to do good works, etc. And its not even about many works.. just THE WORK OF GOD.... believing in His Son. We cannot believe in Christ without God.

Thanks for that verse! I was trying to find it earlier... I posted it somewhere else I think...

Calvinator
03-29-08, 07:19 PM
EDIT: Decided to change it to "Faith without works is ALIVE!"
http://www3.christianforums.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif How true! The faith that is given by God is ALIVE!

http://www3.christianforums.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif The Calvinator approves!

:D Not that you needed approval from the Calvinator.