PDA

View Full Version : Stage 1 of P-Net Chat

Brandan
05-05-08, 02:21 PM
Stage one (1) of P-Net Chat was added today.... This has been a dream of mine that I've had for a LONG time. Today, we entered into a new era for P-Net.

Instant messaging with FULL VIDEO AND VOICE is here.... Play with it, and let me know what you think!

Editorial to be written....

- Brandan

Elreformado
05-05-08, 02:37 PM
dude thats gunna be da bomb, what do we need to get as far as mics and such

Brandan
05-05-08, 03:53 PM
OK, it's now in the who's online section. Just look at who's online, and it will show the status. Non-subscribers can now see who's online but not location.

Brandan
05-05-08, 04:20 PM
Some members are having problems... port 1935 is our chat port, you'll have to open that up in your firewall....

Brandan
05-05-08, 07:15 PM
I'm pretty sure that port 1935 is the problem. Some ISP's deny access to this port. Flash will default to 1935, and if that's not available, it will try 443 (HTTP SSL) and then 80 (HTTP). So if I'm going to fix this for everyone, I'll have to disable SSL (not sure I can do that) and THEN port forward all 443 traffic to port 1935!

Brandan
05-05-08, 10:25 PM
I think I found a temporary solution... I did the port forwarding. I spent A LOT of time on this. Oh, and Eileen, please let me know if you can't view threads. If anyone is having problems, please delete all your cookies and cache and try again. You may even want to try another browser (for example safari). Let me know...

Brandan
05-06-08, 01:32 PM
Chat is currently down while I try to fix it!

Brandan
05-06-08, 02:48 PM
OK, it's back up.... Anywhere you see a green or grey circle, click it to try to connect to the other user... Also, if you have an apostrophe or an ampersand in your username - or any other nonstandard character, it will prevent you from using chat.

Right now the two users that have problems are: Merry & Joyful and Greg's Wife.

SOOOOOO I'm going to try to work out a solution.

Pam
05-06-08, 02:50 PM
Would it be easier to just change my name?

Brandan
05-06-08, 02:57 PM
Would it be easier to just change my name?
We can try that as a temporary fix...

Pam
05-06-08, 04:19 PM
Thanks, Brandan!:)

MCoving
05-06-08, 06:48 PM
Hey! I have tried out this feature with Dustin last night, though he was guest pry before ya fixed it. And I think its really cool feature! i know he was talkin to Just Grace as well. I think its really awesome to have this, I've always wanted to be able to talk with some of you! hehe I use aol instant messanger for my friends, but this site is cool. I dont have webcam or mic but maybe someday I'll get it.

Great job Brandan and Thanks for all your hardwork! God bless you very very much!!!!

Brandan
05-06-08, 09:03 PM
Ok, I think the firewall issues are resolved. Scott, can you try it out sometime?

There is going to be some work today and tomorrow to try to fix some minor bugs, so the chat software might stop working for some periods... But it will be fixed completely soon, and then we can focus on group chat...

ugly_gaunt_cow
05-07-08, 12:24 AM
It was working fine after I quit the application that was accesssing my camera.

Brandan
05-07-08, 03:57 AM
It was working fine after I quit the application that was accesssing my camera.
Great so we have confirmation working in Linux, Mac, and Windows. :)

Brandan
05-08-08, 11:02 AM
Instant messenger alerts don't work for users of IE6 - just discovered. - Brandan

MCoving
05-08-08, 05:58 PM
Instant messenger alerts don't work for users of IE6 - just discovered. - Brandan
That's easy to fix for people, all they need to do is update their Internet Explorer because they work for me and I have the latest version which I think is IE7.

Mary

ugly_gaunt_cow
05-09-08, 02:07 AM
That's easy to fix for people, all they need to do is update their Internet Explorer because they work for me and I have the latest version which I think is IE7.

Mary

Or, they could try Firefox. It's a good, light weight browser that uses less system resources.

Brandan
05-22-08, 07:14 AM
It's working in IE6, IE7, FIREFOX, and SAFARI now.

Brandan
05-27-08, 08:59 PM
More bugs ironed out today. New color scheme - matches site. If you are using safari, please empty your cache if you would like this to work today. - brandan

ugly_gaunt_cow
05-28-08, 12:51 AM
Can't connect in Linux.

The login for flash is running, but a failed login attempt gets bounced backed.

Brandan
05-28-08, 03:41 AM
Was it working earlier in linux? Does the conference room work for you in linux? Thanks.

ugly_gaunt_cow
05-28-08, 03:46 AM
Was it working earlier in linux? Does the conference room work for you in linux? Thanks.

Nope. Nope. You're welcome. :)

Not a big deal... I can always use my laptop but I *love* my Linux machine :D

Brandan
05-28-08, 03:47 AM
Nope. Nope. You're welcome. :)

Not a big deal... I can always use my laptop but I *love* my Linux machine :D

I'm guessing it has something to do with FLASH on linux.

ugly_gaunt_cow
05-28-08, 05:16 AM
I'm guessing it has something to do with FLASH on linux.

Yeah, same here.

Sadly, Adobe doesn't have a x86_64 flash player for Linux, and I'm using a 32 bit version. I've tried other FOSS flash players, but to no avail.

Someone is lending me a macbook this week so maybe I'll use that instead. :)

Greg
05-28-08, 06:18 AM
Yeah, same here.

Sadly, Adobe doesn't have a x86_64 flash player for Linux, and I'm using a 32 bit version. I've tried other FOSS flash players, but to no avail.

Someone is lending me a macbook this week so maybe I'll use that instead. :)Don't give it back. Tell them something like "ah the dude who lives down stairs stole it eh."

ugly_gaunt_cow
05-28-08, 07:05 AM
Don't give it back. Tell them something like "ah the dude who lives down stairs stole it eh."

The strangest thing is that he offered it to me last Saturday at work. Apparently he has no idea what to do with it - lol.

Greg
05-28-08, 07:27 AM
The strangest thing is that he offered it to me last Saturday at work. Apparently he has no idea what to do with it - lol.Keep it! Keep it!! Keep it!!!