PDA

View Full Version : New Server

Brandan
05-12-08, 12:51 AM
We moved to a new server last night with more memory, faster processor, and TONS OF BANDWIDTH available!!!! I disovered that the conference center was taking a ton of bandwidth (6+ GB) per day. We needed to upgrade.

Anyway, about the only thing not working yet is e-mail. Please be patient with the process. Thanks! I'll keep you updated here...

Brandan

Brandan
05-12-08, 04:48 AM
Everything appears to be working again. Please post anything you might see that appears to be broken.

Calvinator
05-12-08, 06:17 AM
Everything appears to be working again. Please post anything you might see that appears to be broken.
I have no problems with IE, but with the AOL browser, it can't find P-Net. AOL worked perfectly for me until today.:(

Brandan
05-12-08, 06:39 AM
I have no problems with IE, but with the AOL browser, it can't find P-Net. AOL worked perfectly for me until today.:(
It should work soon - give it about 72 hours max - dns propagation is what's causing the problem.

Calvinator
05-12-08, 06:48 AM
It should work soon - give it about 72 hours max - dns propagation is what's causing the problem.
ok:)

MCoving
05-12-08, 02:02 PM
Hey Calvinator have you tried downloading Mozilla Firefox? I used to always use IE but I find that firefox is faster, and just all around better. You should give it a try...

Brandan
05-12-08, 02:04 PM
Hey Calvinator have you tried downloading Mozilla Firefox? I used to always use IE but I find that firefox is faster, and just all around better. You should give it a try...If you guys like firefox, you might like Safari. Both are excellent browsers. I prefer Safari.

Calvinator
05-12-08, 03:43 PM
Hey Calvinator have you tried downloading Mozilla Firefox? I used to always use IE but I find that firefox is faster, and just all around better. You should give it a try...
I do not care for Firefox. I used it again this morning and still don't like it. Some do. The two browsers I use are AOL and IE. I have been happy with these two.

If you guys like firefox, you might like Safari. Both are excellent browsers. I prefer Safari.
I have never used Safari. I just might give it a try. BTW AOL is now working on this site.

Greg
05-12-08, 07:50 PM
I do not care for Firefox. I used it again this morning and still don't like it. Some do. The two browsers I use are AOL and IE. I have been happy with these two.These are two of the most unsecured browsers you can use on windows. If you continue to use these browsers you will have problems.

Brandan
05-12-08, 07:55 PM
I do not care for Firefox. I used it again this morning and still don't like it. Some do. The two browsers I use are AOL and IE. I have been happy with these two.Have you tried beta 3.5? It's awesome!

Calvinator
05-12-08, 08:09 PM
These are two of the most unsecured browsers you can use on windows. If you continue to use these browsers you will have problems.
I have been using these browsers for almost ten years with no problems, but I am willing to try others. I might find one that works better for me.

MCoving
05-12-08, 08:22 PM
I have been using these browsers for almost ten years with no problems, but I am willing to try others. I might find one that works better for me.

Yeah Im one of habit too I used to stay with things Im used.. example IE... I remember trying firefox pry about 6 months ago, or at some pt because I had downloaded it to my computer. Sometimes it just takes adjusting or figuring out how it can be the same as the others.. like favorites become bookmarks, all your settings can be switched from IE to Firefox. And whats really cool is the spell checker that comes with the internet when ya type on forums and such. Most everything from IE is still there in the other ones.. just gotta play around with it.

But if not.. its okay too, Im one that has a hard time switching to new things if the old works. Just was an idea.. let me know if there's any questions tho I dont use Safari much but I have been using Firefox. Aol browswer I used to use that when I had dialup... it was ok.

Mary

ugly_gaunt_cow
05-13-08, 04:34 AM
Have you tried beta 3.5? It's awesome!

I'll confess I was a hardcore Netscape fan until I tried IE for the first time. I was impressed at how well everything was integrated. Now, I'm using Firefox 3.5, and the new beta of Thunderbird as my email email client - and I'm sold on both.

It might take some time getting used to but in the end I think it's a better choice for those of you who use IE. It is, after all, less bloated and it does run faster.

Besides, the less dependent we are on the large faceless corporations the better.

MCoving
05-13-08, 11:15 AM
I'll confess I was a hardcore Netscape fan until I tried IE for the first time. I was impressed at how well everything was integrated. Now, I'm using Firefox 3.5, and the new beta of Thunderbird as my email email client - and I'm sold on both.

It might take some time getting used to but in the end I think it's a better choice for those of you who use IE. It is, after all, less bloated and it does run faster.

Besides, the less dependent we are on the large faceless corporations the better.

Hey I know this doesn't have to do with the new server but Im curious what is this Thunderbird email client you use? How does it compare to Microsoft Outlook because that is what I use now. Does it offer some of the same features? Whats better about it? Just curious for maybe I'll try that out.. Im always open to new ideas and such. Especially if they are better. :D