PDA

View Full Version : We're BACK!

Brandan
09-18-08, 08:39 AM
Sorry for the outage - we had a major crash and it took a long time to restore due to data damage... I'll look for problems and devise a better backup plan. - Brandan

Marcuslid
09-18-08, 08:42 AM
Sorry for the outage - we had a major crash and it took a long time to restore due to data damage... I'll look for problems and devise a better backup plan. - Brandan

I'm actually thankful it was that and nothing worse. Thanks Brandan

Eileen
09-18-08, 08:45 AM

Woot, Woot, it's good to be back. Hi everyone! The only thing I've noticed so far is that I think the stuff from the day of the crash might be gone. There was some messages in the prayer group and those are gone, but if one day is all we've lost then I say...............Thank you Lord!

Thanks Bro for the site!

Eileen~

Brandan
09-18-08, 08:48 AM
Yeah I noticed that... Daily backups are made and I guess we just lost a day's worth of activity. Thanks Eileen! I'm so glad we're back up. Now I'll try to relax at the river this weekend.

Pam
09-18-08, 02:16 PM
Great! It's good to be in communication again!

Calvinator
09-18-08, 03:59 PM
:) It is good to be Back!

Whammer
09-18-08, 05:00 PM
:) It is good to be Back!

Amen to that!:)

Rlhuckle
09-18-08, 06:39 PM
Geez--and I thought it was just that my dial-up provider was workin extra slow......:)

(not really)

Calvinator
09-19-08, 04:06 PM
The Lord gives and the Lord takes away.........and the Lord gives back again!http://www3.christianforums.com/images/smilies/clap.gif Whoo-hoo!

Krablessed1973
09-19-08, 04:33 PM
It's good to be back online again to see you all.

Saint Nicholas
09-21-08, 11:04 AM
Fellowship once again. That's Great!

Our Electric went out last Sunday night around 9:30 pm. and did not come back on till 5:30 am friday morning. Living in an all electric home, we had no hot water, lights, or cooking abilities.

I did get used to taking cold showers, and did alot of cooking on the propane grill. Living by candlelight was fun.

How quick the Lord enables us to adapt to these situations

Nicholas.

Brandan
09-21-08, 12:27 PM
Fellowship once again. That's Great!

Our Electric went out last Sunday night around 9:30 pm. and did not come back on till 5:30 am friday morning. Living in an all electric home, we had no hot water, lights, or cooking abilities.

I did get used to taking cold showers, and did alot of cooking on the propane grill. Living by candlelight was fun.

How quick the Lord enables us to adapt to these situations

Nicholas.Nick, a couple winters ago we lost electric for maybe 3-5 days in St. Louis with sub-zero temperatures. Our thermostat however is electric even though we heat with natural gas and thus we got really cold! Glad to see you're ok - but more thankful that it didn't happen in the dead of winter! I have a backup plan for the next time it happens. :D

Bob Higby
09-23-08, 12:06 PM
Great to hear from you all! Nicholas, was the cause a major storm?

Our South American vacation is nearly over; my wife and I leave tonight on a ´red light special´ flight from Sao Paulo Brazil back to the U.S. It was an extremely enjoyable trip--we visited Buenos Aires, Arg. (5 days total), Iguazu Falls Arg./Brz. (1 week), Colonia Uruguay (1 day plus overnight), Sao Paulo Brz. (2 days), and we also took a bus/ferry to Ilhabela island (Brazil) and spent 2 days there enjoying the challenge of the jungle and beach--(sand fleas and all)!

Anyway, I will arrive back to our St. Louis around noon tomorrow IF all of our return flights are on time. We are now in an apt. as we closed on our home right before leaving on this trip. I´m so looking forward to resuming fellowship on p-net with all of you!

Bro. Bob

Saint Nicholas
09-24-08, 05:43 PM
Great to hear from you all! Nicholas, was the cause a major storm?

Yes! We had very strong winds that knocked down trees and power lines.

Electical transformers around our area were popping off like fireworks.

Nicholas