PDA

View Full Version : Webconferences

Greg
09-21-08, 10:13 AM
Webconferences will begin again next Sunday 9/28/08 at 8PM central.

There will be no conference tonight.

Greg
09-28-08, 04:49 PM
We are having a web conference tonight at 8:00PM central.

Be there or be square. ;)

Bob Higby
09-28-08, 05:12 PM
As one preparation, please read the following article. It outlines the completely anti-gospel origin of the modern tongues movement:

http://www.dunamai.com/Azusa/azusa_pages/story_behind_Azusa.htm

Krablessed1973
09-28-08, 05:59 PM
Thank you Robert for the article concerning the Azusa Street Revival. As a former Pentecostal/Charismatic for 4 and a half years, I know the destructive tendancies of this movement.

Certainly, speaking in tongues was a major element in the teaching in most of the churches that I frequented. I believed in this emphatically myself for that period of my life, as what was taught seemed to speak of a likeness in the Acts 2 scripture used in the article.

Before I spoke whatever "tongues" I spoke, I could not do this until this woman prayed for me. After this, I did speak in tongues. Whatever the rights and the wrongs of this are, I had an enthusiasm about the things of God that has never diminished, and an earnest desire to see the power of God move in prayer.

Although I am against the wrong elements of the tongues movement, and an obsession on this subject, I really believe that the "reformed" movement can use the enthusiasm and the zeal that these people had in the Azusa Street situation. I am not approving of the Azusa Street "revival" in saying that, but I believe that the dead elements within our churches need the life of God in them.

We need to follow hard after the Lord in prayer and in His Word.

I hope this makes sense.