PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas - vBulletin 3.00 Gamma

Brandan
12-24-03, 10:08 PM
Friends,

I've upgraded the forum software to vBulletin 3.00 Gamma. There are a ton of changes, and I'm sure we'll enjoy figuring out what they all are...

The biggest change I've seen is the full fledged editor. You have to go to your user CP options and turn it on, but it will allow you to edit your posts almost like you were using MS Word at home. It's pretty slick. I recommend that you turn it on...

Another thing you can do is paste images into your messages with this editor... like this:

http://www.predestinarian.net/cpstyles/vBulletin_3_Default/cp_logo.gif

Anyway, I think you'll enjoy what you can do in this new software release... Keep me posted to any problems you see on this thread by posting to this thread.

Also, it will take me a long time to get the forum back to the old colors and graphics, but I'll eventually customize it :D

Brandan

GraceAmbassador
12-25-03, 08:24 AM
This looks pretty cool Brandan...

Let me test my understanding by posting this scare picture here:

http://embassyofgrace.net/images/milt2.jpg

That's me by the way friends, but you can use it in your garden to scare the bugs away from it...

Merry Christimas everyone! I love you all!

Milt

Brandan
12-25-03, 08:31 AM
Merry Christmas Milt! Cool Picture :D

Christ__Alone
12-26-03, 09:03 AM
:cool: Just checking out the new bells & whistles...

Brandan
12-26-03, 09:50 AM
To those of you who are registered users and are surprised to see your post hasn't shown up after posting it, don't worry about it, it went into the moderating queue. Because of people like Yuri who keep reappearing no matter how many times I ban him, I now moderate all new users so I can scan their posts before allowing them. So if you find your posts being moderated, don't worry about it, I'll move you into the new usergroup as soon as I see it.

- Brandan

P.S. - Listed are a few changes I've made to the system....

1. New Users no longer have to wait for approval before they can post. However, their posts will be moderated - meaning, the moderators will actively check for new posts and decide whether or not to approve them. After a while, if we think the user is worthy of unmoderated posting, we will give them more posting priveleges.

2. I deleted all of the old avatars. If you want to use your own avatar, simply upload it when you edit your user profile.

3. I'm slowly making progress as I customize these templates to fit within the website.

4. I took away the option to use many different fonts. The idea sounds nice, but it's irritating to look at posts with all kinds of different fonts. Text size, bold, italics, underline, and color ought to handle our needs. If you think multiple message fonts are a good idea, let me know in this thread.

5. Moderators, because I've decided to moderate new posts, there will be a lot more work for you. YAY! I'll let you know when it's time to step up and perform your duties. Until then, I'll simply monitor the posting system so I can get a handle on it.

Brandan
12-26-03, 11:44 AM
Another update: IF you haven't noticed by now, I've made some more changes!

1. All general discussion forums have been consolidated into one forum. I deleted the prayer request forum, current events forum, chit chat forum, inspirational and devotional forum, feedback forum, and announcement discussions forum.

2. If you want to discuss announcements and stuff pertaining to 5solas.org, you just have to post a reply to one of the posts now. Non-admins still do not have the ability to post new threads.

3. Moderators, you no longer have access to the admin panel, but instead can go to a much simpler and easier moderator control panel where you can review users, threads and posts. There you will be able to moderate posts of new users.

Brandan
12-26-03, 07:28 PM
Ok, i decided against kicking the fonts out of the editor. Feel free to use different fonts if you need them. However, I prefer that verdana be the font primarily used :D