PDA

View Full Version : Girl Guides

Kathleen
11-03-01, 11:29 AM
Hey All!

I'm not sure that I'm asking this in the appropriate section but here goes:

Do you have 'Girl Guides' and 'Brownies' in the States? Sorry, but I don't know.

My niece just started about a month ago, and it's REALLY REALLY wierd IMO. These girls...they worship this huge mushroom which they call the 'Magic Mushroom' and they believe in elves and dwarves. I don't get it. I'm getting concerned because recently somebody told me this was like a kid cult in disguise. Does anyone know about this?:confused:

God Bless You

Fledge
11-03-01, 12:26 PM
I've never heard of that myself.
We do have "Girl Scouts" and "Brownies" is the club for younger girls. Much like Boy Scouts, and the younger groups of Cub Scouts.

But they are both good associations. Not perfect, granted, but good for kids.

Christ__Alone
11-03-01, 12:30 PM
check them out for yourself:

http://www.girlguides.ca/about/about.htm

Kathleen
11-03-01, 02:44 PM
Thanks guys...

CA, I went to that site and everything I read pretty much matched the impression that I had of it for several years. It's just that I didn't know anyone who was actually a brownie up until now. I was worried but now I see how it will be good for my niece for certain things...the dancing around a magic mushroom I still don't get!

Thanks alot God Bless!

Fledge
11-04-01, 10:53 AM
I didn't see any references of a "magic mushroom" on the website. Maybe, either I totally missed it there, or it could be that the girls are just making it up being silly. Granted, with things like that perhaps somebody should let them in on The Truth, but kids will be kids and unless they are taking it very seriously and actually BELIEVE in a magic mushroom and elves and stuff...might not be too bad.
Just be sure your niece knows what is TRUTH and what is FANTASY and silly fun.

Kathleen
11-07-01, 10:18 AM
Hey!

I went to one of my nieces 'gatherings' two nights ago..and they were in fact dancing around a magic mushroom with tiny little elves..but I was listening to the songs they were singing and it was all about friendship and love...so it's all good!

Thanks & God Bless!

Enni
12-04-01, 09:02 PM
this may sound like a stupid question but is the mushroom really magical and are the elves real???
and i still think that you have to be careful bout the worshipping the "magic mushroom" cos it might turn into the kids putting confidence in it .