Pristine Grace
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Confession of a Hyper-Calvinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Re: Confession of a Hyper-Calvinist

Doctrine does not save Chuck, Christ alone saves. You come right out of the gate as a heretic hunter. Where as Scripture comes out of the gate with our love of Christ. When Christ asked Peter thrice if he loved Him, why didnt He ask peter what Doctrine he believed? Doctrine is a fruit of Salvation.

The separation of Christ from doctrine is one of the greatest lies in the history of Christianity. The gospel itself is a teaching or doctrine. It is grounded in a whole host of specific propositions regarding God and his dealings with man (plan of salvation).

The whole argument here is based on lies. Christ cannot be separated from doctrine. The revelation contained in the Bible IS doctrine, from start to finish!

Doctrine is NOT a fruit of salvation. Unless one believes the apostles doctrine (the gospel--Acts 2:42), he/she is not saved at all.
    I got four things to live by: don't say nothin' that will hurt anybody; don't give advice--no one will take it anyway; don't complain; don't explain. Walter Scott

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LionOfJudah
    Doctrine does the same thing. I will debate doctrine all day, but my first concern is the persons love for Christ and love for his neighbor. Christ never preaches better than when he preached to sinners. He takes the most vile, blackened person and cleanses Him by His grace. Your method seems to do the opposite, you take a lover of Christ, and because he does not agree with you point to point, you paint him black and call him a hater of the Gospel.
    Another grave misconception! When Christ was preaching to sinners, which you say that "he never preches better", He was/is preaching doctrine. He is teaching. Teaching is doctrine. He was/is not making statements that cannot be put into a logical sequence of events, or cannot be systematized and transmitted in a didatical, or teaching form. He is making His points based upon a very elaborate, however simple, "system" of truths. That's doctrine

One of the biggest failures of "christemdumb" today is this misconception that doctrine is somewhat separated, or an addition, or even optional to Christian teaching, specially the teaching that identifies to the elect the "voice of the Shepherd".

You mention the Love of Christ. This is doctrine in and of itself. If you separate the love of Christ from a logical, defensible, systematized truth, you have a very "weak" love, akin to the love people have for their puppies. The Love of Christ is NOT AT ALL separated from the story told beginning in the book of Genesis and demonstrated throughout the entire Revelatory system in the Bible. Even to mention the Love of Christ separated from the exact definition of doctrine is foolish.

It is sad that many Christians today have this terrible perception of "doctrine". No wonder there are so many heresies creeping in the body of Christ today!

I would like to see here a definition of "doctrine" in the words of LionofJudah.
    I want to know how he defines doctrine, how he differentiates the doctrines taught by teachers of the past from his own definition of doctrine and how he can define Salvation, and preach in a "saving" mode without the use of doctrine

Now, a great irrelevance: The love a man has for Christ is primarily irrelevant for his Salvation. The Love that Christ has for His own, for those whom the Father gave to Him (Joh 6:37, John 17) is what matters for eternal purposes. This one is really the only relevant thing in "salvific" issues.

Another irrelevance is a man's love for his neighbor if we are talking about Salvation. There are many un-saved people who love their neighbors...

I am increasingly noticing in LionofJudah words that has not thought his theology thouroughly yet.

Most of us in this Forum, will take any person who does not agree with the claims of the Gospel and, no matter how they say that they love Christ and Christ loves them, and call him a hater of the Gospel. Do I have to cite groups that today claim to love Christ and that Christ loves them, whereas they hate and despise the simplest claims of the Gospel? Many even claim to love Christ without believing that He is God, and maintaining that He "was the greatest man who ever lived". Do I have to name them?

It is not agreement with our points that we seek. This is another of your misconceptions LionofJudah! It is agreement with the Gospel of Christ. The Bible, Jesus Himself, guarantees that those whom the Fahter draws to Him will know Him, recognize His voice, and will receive a degree of revelation from the Holy Spirit in terms of glorifying Jesus (John 16:14). If these things are not present, there is no middle ground: if not "lovers" of the Gospel, they are "haters" of the Gospel. That does not mean that they are "unsavable" or "reprobates" necessarily. It only means that until the Spirit enlightens them (if elect) they are "haters" of the Gospel, at least humanly speaking.

Milt
    Grace Ambassador
    A pitiful servant of God; a pitbull guardian of the message of Grace

My pledge to other members:
    A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. Prov 15:1
    A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver - Prov. 25:11

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am wondering ... How do you determine the "essentials" of the Christian faith or the "essentials" of salvation?
    Quote Originally Posted by lionovjudah
    1) Does your church have a sign yet?
    2) Will the 43 members of your congregation enjoy Heavan alone?
    3) Robert Schuller called and is looking for a window cleaner for the cathedral, do you have any spare time?
    4) Does your church have a door yet?
    Ummmm LionovJudah .... I noticed your comment to WB about the size of his church ... Well I live in Salt Lake City, UT and our church meets at a gymnasium each Sunday and we average between 50 and 75 folks. (On a good Sunday) So is this a large enough number to be considered a "real" church. hahahaha Unless you count the one CRC church that meets across town (winks at Charles) ... It is the only group of reformed believers in the valley of 1 million. WOW imagine that. We have started another mission church in the lovely city of Provo (BYU land) ... The area is 90 percent Mormon and on a GOOD SUNDAY we get 20 folks attending. I wonder if that is large enough to be considered a real church? I took those statements of yours as insulting and had they been directed at me I would have been extremely hurt. Where was the "LOVE" in those comments?

I also know many churches including the "mormon" church that believes in loving their neighbor ... they love their neighbor right into hell. I could completely ignore the "churches" that preach a false gospel and proclaim a religion of man ... I could sit on my hands and say "hey brother/sister you say you love the Lord so all is well" ... would that be loving?

Your argument is weak at best. I don't think the point of Darth's article was to say if you don't believe everything as I do you are unsaved. I think it was a presentation of how there are divisions within the church and how people love to label someone that disagrees with you as a "hyper calvinist". I mean read what Phil Johnson has to say on the subject. SHEESH!!!! I would in some instances say that Darth isn't even reformed hahaha ... at least as far as the "Covenantal" issues he aspires to.

Hmmm ... maybe I am barking up the wrong tree here but I just wanted to let you know that I found those comments unedifying and totally out of line.

Out for now .... Jan
    It is what it is

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doctr of grace
    I don't think the point of Darth's article was to say if you don't believe everything as I do you are unsaved.
    Jan, you are correct. I'm sorry that lionovjudah hijacked this thread and took it way off course. I will now begin to answer your questions I neglected. Thanks!

Brandan
    This is my signature.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jan
    I think Brandan you have cleared up for me what "progressive santification" actually means. Thanks!!!! I too would whole heartedly reject the notion that a believer becomes "more holy". This is impossible as you stated. You are holy by the righteousness of Christ and can't be more holy then that. I think that when the term was brought up in the "theonomy" discussion I really had no idea what was meant by that. When descibing the Believer's walk in this life ... I in fact meant exactly what you term as "continueous" santification. So, I believe that often times when we disagree we end up talking over each other's heads ... using termininology and actually agreeing without realizing it.
    Jan, this will get you labeled as a hyper-calvinist! I believe progressive sanctification is really another form of works based salvation. You would be surprised by the number of people that subscribe to it in the reformed world - I dare say it's around 95%!!! I kid you not. Start investigating - asking people what they mean by progressive sanctification, and you'll see how deep the root of problem goes in the calvinistic world. It truly is frightening.

Justification from God's perspective is very much so from before the foundation of the world. But from our perspective it is something that happens to us in time. So we agree and disagree I think on this issue. I dare say you sorta put that into words I can completely agree with you on.
    I don't see any disagreement here! Admit it, you're just afraid of adopting justification from eternity *snickers* ((hugs)).

Yet I think we disagree on some points of this "doctrine" but it would never cause me to say that Gill is not saved and I must be saved because I am right and he is wrong.
    I admit that I may not have all the "technicalities" figured out, but I would appreciate your insight on where I might be wrong concerning my perspective on the wrath of God and the believer.

Ummm you haven't yet chimed in on the theonomy discussion ... I can only say that what I have addressed in that thread demonstrates that using the Law as my guideline and something to determine my ethical "christian" living in no way JUSTIFIES me to God.
    Jan, I'm sure you don't. There are some who use the law as a means of attaining righteousness, and also there are BELIEVERS who I believe ignorantly place themselves under the law as a rule of living (I think I made the distinction in the article)... Yes, I did... here's a quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandan
    Hyper-calvinists usually stand dogmatically against all who would oppose this doctrine. The rationale is that a person who turns to the law would be robbing Christ the glory of His grace and would make a part of salvation dependent upon obedience to the law. ---- EDIT: Here is where I make the distinction ---- The believer who turns to the law will be robbed of the joy of faith, assurance, and even service to Christ. As mentioned earlier, there are some who teach that assurance is based upon obedience, and ultimately will end in works of obligation instead of works of love.
    As of right now, I'm so far behind in the theonomy discussion (I haven't even started reading it), that I'm not ready to contribute. As of right now, I have no plans to enter into that discussion.

My point being Brandan ... that when I say or others that hold to the continuity of scripture are using the Law is a "rule" for determining God's idea of what is right and what is wrong.
    I see your point. I agree that ALL of Scripture is given to teach God's perfect standard of righteousness. I believe the Law is perfect, Holy, and all Christians do delight in it.

I am merely saying that it is my guideline and again partly because of my "covenantal" background we must "beg to differ" on this issue.
    I can live with that - it's just that I think you're missing out on so much more by not looking to Christ as your guideline. The law was made honorable by Christ's life! William Huntington once wrote:
    Is the law glorious, holy, just, good, spiritual, true, and eternal? Let it be so. Christ is the"express image of the Father's person, and the brightness of his glory." Is the law holy? Christ is the holy one. Is the law just? Christ is the just one. Is the law good? Christ is the good shepherd. Is the law spiritual? Christ is the Lord from heaven, the quickening spirit; yea, the resurrection, and the life. Is the law true? Christ is the true God and eternal life. Is the law eternal? Christ is the Alpha and Omega, the first and the last. Does the law say thou shalt fear thy God? here is a servant on whom the spirit of the fear of the Lord rested. Does it say thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart? Here is a person that is really God, and God is love; does the law say, thou shalt be holy, for I the Lord thy God am holy? here is one that is holy as God, holy as man, and holy as Godman, who was born a holy thing, never conceived an unholy thought, never spoke an unholy word, nor made an unholy slip with his feet; "which of you convinceth me of sin; and if I speak the truth, why do ye not believe me?" The devil himself justified him, when he said, "I know thee who thou art, the holy One of God;" Judas justified him also, when he said, "I have sinned against innocent blood;" Pilate justifed him, when he "washed his hands and said, I am innocent of the blood of this just person, see ye to it." His wife justified him when she said, "have thou nothing to do with that just person, for I have suffered many this night in a dream because of him;" the company of murderers justified him, when "they smote on their breasts, and said, Truly this was the Son of God." The soldiers justified him, when they declared the "angels from heaven had rolled away the stone and sat upon it;" and the rulers justified him, when they said, "Take this money and say that his disciples came by night and stole him away; and if this comes to the governor's ears, we will persuade him, and secure you;" God the Father justified him by raising him from the dead, and us with him; God the Holy Ghost justifies him by testifying of his resurrection, and of his righteousness to every believer; and the Saviour justified himself by confounding every false witness at his trial, and striking his adversaries to the ground when they came to take him; (to fulfil the words of the Psalmist "when they came to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.

We establish the law; as [disarmed of its curse and condemning power] in the heart or the Meditorial King Christ Jesus. When he came to fulfil it he said, "thy law is within my heart," Psalm xl. 8. As the law used to be shut up in the ark, which was a true type of Christ; Christ having taken the sentence which was against us, and "contrary to us, out of the way, nailing it to his cross," Col. ii.14. Hence the Lord Jesus keeps the magnified and disarmed law in his own heart, and appears both a "just God and a Saviour," inasmuch as he did not save any, but at the expense of his blood; "ye are not your own, ye are bought with a price," I Cor. vi. 20. Thus the Christian is not in without law to God, but "under the law to Christ," 1 Cor. ix. 21. ("The Law Established by the Faith of Christ", William Huntington)
    I think you are very good at writing and debating the issues at hand for the Church today. We disagree on some points but golly geee ... aren't we all still dealing with a "fallen nature".
    Thank you Jan! I think we agree on a lot of things! I can tell you there aren't too many people on PalTalk that I enjoy talking to - but I enjoy our discussions. You've always been very charitable - even when I've been ugly (remember that time I went off on BondageoftheWill???) And yes, we're still dealing with a sin nature, we're still struggling coming to a knowledge of the truth. But thank the Lord He doesn't leave His people in complete ignorance!

These folks that suppose a "perfect knowledge" in understanding are guilty of denying the fact that we humans won't have or obtain perfect knowledge as long as we are "sucking oxygen" on earth.
    A lot folks that suppose a perfect knowledge is necessary I suspect are making salvation conditioned upon something other than Christ.

You know that I too have been labeled a "hyper" calvie ... I think I probably deserve the label more so than you do because I happen to believe that the 5 points of "calvinism" are the GOSPEL.
    I don't think we're different than each other here... I do not believe one can come to a knowledge of Christ without believing the core of the doctrines outlined by TULIP. Every Christian when he is born again will see that he is unable to live up to the demands of the law (total depravity), realizes that Christ died for His sheep (Limited Atonement), realizes that he is numbered amongst the elect that Christ died for (unconditional election / irresistable grace), and that Christ is His surety and that He will never let him fall out of his hands (perseverence / preservation of the saints!). The Gospel message is that Christ died for His people and accomplished salvation for them - but it will always result in an understanding that is found in the TULIP acronymn. I do not believe someone should be considered to be a believer in Christ if they adopt the anti-christian idea that salvation is somehow dependent upon conditions outside of Christ (arminianism, conditional calvinism, roman catholicism, etc....) That's not to say that Christ hasn't made satisfaction for them - if they are truly Christ's elect, they will come to a knowledge of the truth at some point in their lives.

Well Good Article Brandan .... luv ya in the LORD ... out for now ... Jan
    Jan, thanks for your comments and helping me re-establish this hijacked thread.

In that Sweet Savor,
    Brandan
    This is my signature.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillTwisse
    I used to equate the label 'hyper-Calvinist' with the teaching of those who deny personal assurance of justification and faith in a perverse and compartmentalized teaching on God's sovereignty. Today, I could care less whether anyone calls me by this label or not. In fact I encourage it. If someone is DETERMINED to slander their enemy with labels, rather than facing the exegetical issues of the gospel revealed in the Bible, I want their deception INCREASED because that is also what God wants. Until one is plunged deep into the misery of the sin of slander, the Lord does not usually grant repentance.

Proud to be called a hyper-Calvinist,
    Bob, these people who deny personal assurance are the conditional primitive baptists because they make assurance based upon works. That is why there IS no assurance. They have a system of election to glorification rather than election to SALVATION (including the experience of salvation in time). This is not hyper-calvinism - just a disgustingly perverted understanding of Christ's work for His people. Ultimately, the conditional primitive baptist system is just another daughter of Babylon.
    This is my signature.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lion:

When Peter confessed his love for Christ, it was a confession of a love for the true Christ. I do not know the extent of his knowledge of Christ but it was not a love for a false Christ which is what was presented by John Wesley. Peter certainly fell into sin but the difference between Peter and John Wesley is the same as the difference between David and King Saul. Peter and David repented of their sin. John Wesley and King Saul never did. Yes God in his divine providence has determined that the carnal seed shall rise up in the church. There are always Esaus and most of the time they are dominant as far as all that goes under the label of 'Christian.' That does not diminish their responsibility. I certainly do not agree with all of Darth Gill has said and have voiced my position repeatedly elsewhere.

doctr of grace:

Just for the record, my church has 71 families, 172 communicant members, and a total membership of 228 and those aren't SBC numbers where the people haven't been to church in 30 years

Just to clear up any further myths, the PRC has a total membership of 7080 and it does not believe it is the only true church.
    For whatever strength of arm he may have who swims in the open sea, yet in time he is carried away and sunk, mastered by the greatness of its waves. Need then there is that we be in the ship, that is, that we be carried in the wood, that we may be able to cross this sea. Now this Wood in which our weakness is carried is the Cross of the Lord, by which we are signed, and delivered from the dangerous tempests of this world.--St. Augustine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wildboar
    Just to clear up any further myths, the PRC has a total membership of 7080 and it does not believe it is the only true church.
    Charles, are you currently studying under Engelsma? I'm just curious.
    This is my signature.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Gill
    Jan, you are correct. I'm sorry that lionovjudah hijacked this thread and took it way off course. I will now begin to answer your questions I neglected. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Gill

Brandan

Hijacked? Brandan, thats harsh... I am here to dialogue. Are you still crying about my earlier posts to you? tsk tsk tsk. How many times must I apologize Brandan?

Hmmm ... maybe I am barking up the wrong tree here but I just wanted to let you know that I found those comments unedifying and totally out of line.

Jan, I know Boar from a couple of years ago on MSN. I was joking with him. I always said his church had no doors because God mysteriously just puts the elect there, as well as no sign. Understand now? No insult was intended.

I would like to see here a definition of "doctrine" in the words of LionofJudah.
    Doctrine is what is believed, taught and confessed!!!!!

Now, a great irrelevance: The love a man has for Christ is primarily irrelevant for his Salvation. The Love that Christ has for His own, for those whom the Father gave to Him (Joh 6:37, John 17) is what matters for eternal purposes. This one is really the only relevant thing in "salvific" issues.
    I agree, I never mentioned salvation is dependant upon our Love for Christ. Love is a fruit of our salvation. But Mr. Pele, please address my statements without adding emotion. Did Christ ask Peter what peter believed as far as certain doctrines prior to giving him the command to feed His sheep? I do nto see it, why? Because it is not there. Did Anyone in the Holy Writ have to give an account of what doctrines they believed prior to the regenerating work of the Spirit? I cannot find one of the chosen having do that. Did anyone recorded in Scripture have to believe any doctrine? No they did not, that came after the new heart and was taught with love. Christ did not ram the doctrines of grace down anyones throat. he taught them with comapssion, Love and care. TO the Scribes and Pharasses, He had nothign but thunder for them, but for the weak and heavy laden, He invited them to Himself for rest. "You search the scriptures for in them you think you have eternal life... and you will nto come to me to have life.." Our first response after regeneration is sitting at the feet of the great teacher to learn. We are not called to line up our doctrines other than "What ye think of Christ"... That is it, that is all. Now I will address Mr. Twist. I will call you that because I snikker at it.

The separation of Christ from doctrine is one of the greatest lies in the history of Christianity. The gospel itself is a teaching or doctrine. It is grounded in a whole host of specific propositions regarding God and his dealings with man (plan of salvation).The whole argument here is based on lies. Christ cannot be separated from doctrine. The revelation contained in the Bible IS doctrine, from start to finish!Doctrine is NOT a fruit of salvation. Unless one believes the apostles doctrine (the gospel--Acts 2:42), he/she is not saved at all.

Mr. Twist:

There is very little meat here, and since I am not a vegan, I will starve reading your posts. But for the lack of anything better to do, except cleaning the cats litter box, I will address your post. I am nto at all seperating Christ from doctrine. I am seperating salvation based on doctrine. I am seperating salvation conditioned on doctrine. I am seperating believeing in Christ from believing in a belief. You claim I err, but sir it is you that is in error. The first priority of a believer is believing In who Christ is.

Grace and Peace

Lion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Hijacked? Brandan, thats harsh... I am here to dialogue.
    You completely mischaracterized the original post. I didn't even mention the topic you brought up.

Are you still crying about my earlier posts to you? tsk tsk tsk. How many times must I apologize Brandan?
    What did you apologize for? You basically just said, "I apologize". What for???? Further, your apologies don't seem that sincere because you just implied that I was unjustly "crying" about your earlier posts. You are treading on thin ground - I recommend that you not engage in further dialogue with me!
    This is my signature.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mr. Gill... Perhaps we need to start out again on a better foundation. For the Love of Christ. Our first encounters have not been very edifying or profitable. I offer you the olive branch of peace.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lion.....or is it Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde?

Why would you come into a community of believer's and attack and not edify the brethren?

You have made some good points and could have had good dialouge with the residents here....Brandan (spell it right), Charles, (wildboar), Milt (Grace), Jan (doctrofgrace) and Bob (Bill Twisse), not Mr. Twist, that is offensive and a personal attack. There is more meat in one of his posts than in all of yours put together.

Your words speak love, your actions through your words to others does not!
    "To those who have no works-phobia, I will state that you are not trembling before the gospel" Robert R. Higby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

eileen:
    My sarcasm is at times understood as being very harsh. My wife corrects me daily. I have noticed people here are very thin skinned and i will tone it back a little. I am also a part time comedian. So nothing I say is intended to be insulting. But I will take your advice. This is how I am used to dialoguing though, so i shall do my best. Youre correct also, I do have a J & H mentality at times and i lament that daily. Now lets get ready to RUMBLLLLLLLLLLLLLE!!

Grace and Peace

Lion (Joe)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lion some advice you say you are a part time comedian? DONT GIVE UP YOUR DAY JOB. Ivor Thomas...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

IVOR: That is exactly what my wife has told me also... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. And one more important thing I will mention. I can take it as much as i dish it out

Lion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Eph 5:1-4, (KJV), Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; (2) And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. (3) But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; (4) Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
    This is my signature.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am aware of that Scripture Brandon. Yet obviously fall short. But I also have a heart of joy and not one of a starched legalistic make up. Thank you for pointing it out for me. Just do not dwell on the fact and take that to mean there is no room for any type of humor. Now enough of this... Let us move on and I will show more compassion in my posts. But noone here saw any humor in any of them? WOW youre a tough crowd....

Lion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Lion, if your original posts were intended to be a joke, I don't find them funny. You have never apologized for mischaracterizing me, nor have you apologized for the deception that you perpetrated (I don't believe that you sincerley forgot to quote Newton, Spurgeon, and that other guy). Anyway, I'm willing to let it drop as it's not that big a deal with me. I was just a wee bit irritated. Thank you.
    This is my signature.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mr. Gill..

It is a big deal with me. There was no intended decpetion at all. And I did nto think I mischaracterized you. Thats how I read the article. The posts were not meant to be a joke, the jokes were meant to be the jokes. Just do me one favor, that is all I ask, rewad me with a different set of lenses as you may read Boars, Jans or whoever. Again, I am nto some uptight Christian with extra starch around my collar. So as we are moving on, lets get to some dialogue and edify each other, I have learned that to admit I was worng yester makes me smarter today. Plus I cant apologize anymore, it is way to tiring, I have to do it so much with everyone else in my life that does nto understand my was of speaking.

Grace and Peace

Lion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Mr. Gill..

It is a big deal with me. There was no intended decpetion at all. And I did nto think I mischaracterized you. Thats how I read the article.
    Where in my original post in the article titled "Confession of a Hyper-Calvinist" did I mention "speaking peace" to Arminians proves one is lost? Please - go back and read that original article - it's NOT THERE!!!! You mischaracterized me completely based on that article!!!! Unless you go back and read that article and apologize for mischaracterizing me, you will be banned. Period. I'm the boss here, and if you don't like it, you can leave. Please don't respond unless you can do this...

Let me put into simpler terms... I wrote a paper about Apples.. You came back and criticized me for writing about oranges. But I didn't mention oranges, I only talked about Apples. I'm angry that you mischaracterized me and taking the discussion off of apples to oranges. Next you come back and say you're not sorry for mischaracterizing me for talking about oranges. All I'm asking you to do now is go back in the original article and see where you can find the oranges.... That is all. PLease do that. If you can find stuff about oranges, I apologize. Please quote everything you find in my original article where I talk about oranges, or apologize. It's that simple.

Now, let's get back to the topic at hand....
    This is my signature.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast