Pristine Grace

Thread: Tell me if I have this right

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tell me if I have this right

Hello Everyone,
    I have struggled with God and how he can create evil but still not be the source for sometime. I fully accept that God is not the author of evil, but struggle to comprehend it all.

I have been reading some of A.W. Pink's works as of late and I think that I have been able to put my arms this, but I want to see if I have it right.

God is the only source of good. Without God there is no good. When Jesus was called "good teacher", Jesus asked why the man called him good and stated clearly that God is all that is good. So, that being said, the only good that can come from anything is if God is in it. Nevermind that God has ordained all, God has to be in all. When God created man, God did not create man evil, he simply did not fill man with himself, therefore there was no good in man. When we are imputed with the Holy Spirit, upon believing (Eph 1:13,14), then because of God alone are we deemed acceptable to him. So God withholding his own Spirit from part of his creation does not mean that he authored sin, but rather that he is the only source of good and is completely sovereign in his dispensing.

Am I making any sense? Am I rambling? Like I said, I have struggled with this for quite a while. PLEASE correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Tell me if I have this right

God created evil for His holy purposes. To say that God would be gulty of braking some law for doing so is dangerous, dare I say insane. There is no law that God must be held to, he does as He sees fit, He is the Lawgiver. To say that that makes God the author of sin is a misstatement of what the truth actaully is. God is the primary sourse of ALL things. However He has chosen, even predestined that His decrees would be carried out by vessles of His choosing. This includes both evil and good.
    Examples:

-Jesus being led by the Holy Spirit to the wilderness to be tembted by the devil.

-Jesus being crusified by men but this all being predestined by God and pleasing Him.

-Joseph's brothers selling him as a slave (an evil act on thie part) but predestined by God for the ultimate good.

Mike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Tell me if I have this right

ashamoun,

I believe your understanding is much the same as mine. By God creating something other than Himself, He created evil.

Sin, when you get right down to it, is anything against God's will. God's will is perfect, and only God is perfect, so by logic we must conclude that anything that is not God is imperfect, unrighteous, and necessarily evil.

The only fix to this problem is God Himself, as you stated. If God is in us, we are righteous by Him, but will never be righteous of our own accord. Praise be to God for giving us the law to show us the truth of our wretchedness, and our need of His alien righteousness!

-Kyle