Pristine Grace
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread: Acts 15:5-6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Acts 15:5-6

Milt, your humor cracks me up brother. Thanx, and I will definately speak more with you about this topic.

Joe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Note also, Joe, that when I make a point, I attempt to the best of my limited abilities, to provide scripture for it and do it in a reasonable way, without quoting what past "heroes of the faith" have said (or not..).

Usually, labelationists are barren, unfrutfull Christians, who according to John 15 are fit only to be thrown in the fire... So I don't pay attention to them and laugh them off as clowns...

Milt
    Grace Ambassador
    A pitiful servant of God; a pitbull guardian of the message of Grace

My pledge to other members:
    A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. Prov 15:1
    A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver - Prov. 25:11

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GraceAmbassador
    Note also, Joe, that when I make a point, I attempt to the best of my limited abilities, to provide scripture for it and do it in a reasonable way, without quoting what past "heroes of the faith" have said (or not..).

Milt
    Milt, it is so noted!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Milt . As one who has been known to quote " heroes of the faith " , I have a question or four for you . You have made it clear that you do not like anyone to quote someone ( although as I have said before that a huge hunk of posts by many here contain mountains of quotes ) . After again saying that it is not your practice to do so -- you talked about labelationists . You said that they are " barren, unfruitful Christians . " Did you mean those who claim to be Christians ? Are they merely professors , not possessors ? Or do you believe that Christians can go to perdition ? In John 15:6 it says that : Whoever does not abide in me is thrown away like a branch and withers ; such branches are gathered , thrown into the fire , and burned .

Those branches are not Christians it seems to me .

And were you making a connection between the quoters of Christians past and those barren , unfruitful ones ? If so , I do not see any biblical grounds for such an assertion . Please set me straight .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by foundinHim
    Hi Milt . As one who has been known to quote " heroes of the faith " , I have a question or four for you . You have made it clear that you do not like anyone to quote someone ( although as I have said before that a huge hunk of posts by many here contain mountains of quotes ) . After again saying that it is not your practice to do so -- you talked about labelationists . You said that they are " barren, unfruitful Christians . " Did you mean those who claim to be Christians ? Are they merely professors , not possessors ? Or do you believe that Christians can go to perdition ? In John 15:6 it says that : Whoever does not abide in me is thrown away like a branch and withers ; such branches are gathered , thrown into the fire , and burned .

And were you making a connection between the quoters of Christians past and those barren , unfruitful ones ? If so , I do not see any biblical grounds for such an assertion . Please set me straight .

FIH:

I will go to bat per se' for Milt on this. THe intent of his post was not so much to discredit our "heroes" as it was meant to elevate the Word itself above all. Neither was it directed towrds you or anyone in particular. THe reference to unbarren fruitless Christians was also not used to speak of one losing their salvation. GO back and read it without ANY presuppositions or discomfort or defensive lenses.

Joe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Joe , I'll let Milt clear it up for me . But you may be right in your take . It's just that to use the word Christian as one to be tossed into the fire got me wondering . He didn't put the word in italics . If he had done so , I wouldn't have asked some of my questions .

I realize that in John 6:66 for example -- the word " disciples " is used when referencing those that were not true disciples at all . That would give Milt some leeway .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Joe , I'll let Milt clear it up for me . But you may be right in your take . It's just that to use the word Christian as one to be tossed into the fire got me wondering . He didn't put the word in italics . If he had done so , I wouldn't have asked some of my questions .

I realize that in John 6:66 for example -- the word " disciples " is used when referencing those that were not true disciples at all . That would give Milt some leeway .
    Thats fair. I was not speaking for him, I responded to defend what I believe he was saying to me specifically about my question. I honestly do not think he was stressing any type of theological teaching or theory on that phrase. Basically he assured me he was answering my question according to scripture first and foremost, and just not what others would say.

The topic was my question in regards to a "pauline dispensationalism' in beliefs. I believe it is wrong, but Milt is attemoting to explain to me what HE alone means when speaking of "Pauls Gospel" He did nto wanto to just quote 40 different commentaries and say, "Well Calvin believed this ir that, so it must be true"

Give Milt A LOT of Leeway, he is very gracious and charitable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes! I will try to set you straight:

YOU WERE NOT EVEN IN MY MIND WHEN I WROTE THE POST. I CANNOT EVEN THINK HOW YOU COULD HAVE GOTTEN THAT IDEA. YOU ARE PICKING THE WRONG (AND PERHAPS WORTHLESS) HILL TO FIGHT.

If you are really sincere in seeking answers, rather than trying to find someone to fight over something that someone "could've said, but shouldn't have said" please, re-read my posts and everyone elses post and target your perceived anger on that person.

As to "branches" not being Christians, that was precisely my point. They were in the "vine" but were not "of the vine". I did not say that the "past teachers" were not Christians. I merely said that "parroting" their quotations forever, rather than placing one's view about texts can be something annoying and some that is nothing but a mere repetition that any "tinkling bell", or "branch", if you wish, can repeat without any personal conviction.

In other threads I begged the most avid writers of this Forum, including some moderators, both recently and in the remote past, to refrain from replying any argument that is offered to them with quotes from "past gurus". I even asked some of them in a rather "confronting" way, if they had any opinion of their own in ANY subject without having to resort to these "past gurus", an euphemism that I believe I coined in this Forum. So, my aversion for vain repetitions about other writers, either to show a assumed knowledge or to "intimidade people in not responding anything that disagrees with the "holy hero of faith of the past" without demonstrating any personal view on the issue at hand, is much older than your participation in this Forum.

Quotes are not in and of itself wrong, but if all we do is quote, this is not a debate or a open discussion. It is simply and endorsement of what others said and a futile exercise in disputing who reads or studies more.

Thus, my brother, although you assumed that you get more attention from me that I actually give to you, I assure you, that my statement in red is the true.

Please, if you think about apologizing, DON'T! Apologies embarrass me. I seek to be as humble and as gracious as I can possibly be. If I am misunderstood, misquoted or misrepresented and someone writes me notes showing that misunderstanding, I just reply commensurately with their misunderstanding and the issue is over to me.

I hope this explains and fulfills your needs.

Milt
    Grace Ambassador
    A pitiful servant of God; a pitbull guardian of the message of Grace

My pledge to other members:
    A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. Prov 15:1
    A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver - Prov. 25:11

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well Milt: I guess I did nto need to defend you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The topic was my question in regards to a "pauline dispensationalism' in beliefs. I believe it is wrong, ................
    Originally Posted by lionovjudah
    ps; If you were a dispy I would not be upset!!!!!!!! Their could be much worse!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dispensationalism is a perversion and heresy of the worst sort in my opinion.
    Hi DG. May I use this in my signature?

This doctrine/belief to me is one of the most confusing and unscriptural doctrines in all of christianity today, and I wonder why more denominations do not strive to "sweep it under the rug" and I truly hope it eventually goes the way of the "do do bird". The catholic church, though unscriptural in some of its views and beliefs, appear at least not to support this doctrine from what I have seen.

Immediately after the Lord came to me a little more than 2 yrs ago, I had others shoving "left behind" and endtime prophecy books at me and books on the jews and Israel.

As the Lord and my wife are witnesses, I was never drawn to them and never read one single book outside of the Bible [until I had read it through twice]. So I was at least "saved" from that "spider web" doctrine.

To say I am at odds with that doctrine is to put it "mildly" LOL. It appears to make the Bible more of a science fiction cartoon book than the Book of Life. Blessings

LaHaye is both blessed and very fortunate indeed to believe the book of Ezekiel is "easy".

http://www.graceonlinelibrary.org/ar...ts.asp?id=9|21

LaHaye insists that the interpreter is to 'take every word at its primary, literal meaning unless the facts of the immediate context clearly indicate otherwise.' We learn from LaHaye that the prophecies found in Ezekiel 38 and 39 'are among the most specific and easy to understand in the prophetic word.' 3 But do we find descriptions of jets, missiles, and atomic weapons in these chapters? Buck supposedly saw all of these very modern weapons when he first read Ezekiel even though no one has seen them for more than 2500 years. Can such a modern-day battle scenario be found in Ezekiel 38 and 39 if, as LaHaye maintains, every word should be interpreted in terms of 'its primary, literal meaning unless the facts of the immediate context clearly indicate otherwise'? Let's put LaHaye's interpretive standard to the test.
    "There are Signs of a new upsurge of interest in the Study of Scriptures: a New Readiness to Test Traditions, Search the Scriptures and Rightly Divide the Word "I am the WAY the TRUTH the LIFE and the RESURRECTION and no man can come to the FATHER but by ME"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Hi Steve, you don't need permission to quote me on anything
    This is my signature.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2