Pristine Grace
Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Church Newsletter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Church Newsletter

I shared this with Brandan and would like some feedback please.

In our August newsletter from our church, there were 2 disturbing statements that I have yet to receive clarification on from our pastor.

1) The new pastor wrote a little snippet about Baptism, it was well wriiten. But at the end said, and I quote" Every Sunday, I fill the font with water, when you are leaving the sanctuary, please dip you hand in the water and cross yourself on the forhead. As you feel the water drip down your face, remember your baptism...."

2) Someone writes this obituary of a long time member of the church. Just a sweet, emotional, thanks for all she did for our Lord and Church and community. Then ends with a quote from a Buddhist!!!!!!!!!!

I am not extremely upset, but would like an answer and explination. I am more upset aout # 2 than #1.

Any thoughts?

Joe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Church Newsletter

Let the Dead bury the Dead, leave Joe dont go back unless you become a sharer in their sin's . Flee for your life. Ivor Thomas....
    For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain , Phillippians 1 v21.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lionovjudah
    I shared this with Brandan and would like some feedback please.

In our August newsletter from our church, there were 2 disturbing statements that I have yet to receive clarification on from our pastor.

1) The new pastor wrote a little snippet about Baptism, it was well wriiten. But at the end said, and I quote" Every Sunday, I fill the font with water, when you are leaving the sanctuary, please dip you hand in the water and cross yourself on the forhead. As you feel the water drip down your face, remember your baptism...."

2) Someone writes this obituary of a long time member of the church. Just a sweet, emotional, thanks for all she did for our Lord and Church and community. Then ends with a quote from a Buddhist!!!!!!!!!!

I am not extremely upset, but would like an answer and explination. I am more upset aout # 2 than #1.

Any thoughts?

Joe
    Is this in the RCA Joe?
    Greetings and salutations, el rana

21There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand.

Proverbs chapter 19

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ray kikkert
    Is this in the RCA Joe?
    yes it is

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ivor Thomas
    Let the Dead bury the Dead, leave Joe dont go back unless you become a sharer in their sin's . Flee for your life. Ivor Thomas....
    I will give them time for an answer Ivor. I do not like jumping ship that quick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is this in the RCA Joe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Yes it is
    Ray, why does that seem to surprise you?

Milt
    Grace Ambassador
    A pitiful servant of God; a pitbull guardian of the message of Grace

My pledge to other members:
    A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. Prov 15:1
    A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver - Prov. 25:11

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

LOL, I'm not sure Ray was surprised!
    This is my signature.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well what input can I have here guys. Do you feel I am within my responsibilities to question these to the pastor?

Should I at least give him a chance to explian?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Cool Re: Church Newsletter

loj, you should run away, and run away fast. State your mind and leave.
    This is my signature.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Gill
    loj, you should run away, and run away fast. State your mind and leave.

I believe there is still a remnant left their Brandan. If it is explained, I ahve no problem then.

Like I said, I am more concerned about the Buddhist quote more than the font

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I believe there is still a remnant left their Brandan. If it is explained, I ahve no problem then.

Like I said, I am more concerned about the Buddhist quote more than the font
    Joe:
    It seems as if the overwhelming majority here tells you to "run" and not just "walk" out of there! You seem to believe that you can still do "something" about before you leave, if you leave...

What other input is necessary?

As for me, a Buddhist quote in any "church" who identifies themselves as Christians has to be shunned as a plague!

I heard pastors using expression such:

"Let's keep our fingers crossed..."
    "Knock on wood..."

and other witchcraft related phrases. I don't care if they say this out of ignorance, but Paul warns us not to be ignorant of the devil's devices. If a so called church leader cannot recognize the devils devices, which in my view, include but are not limited to Buddhist quotations, one should not be under the authority and leadership of that "leader" any longer.

I heard one preaching about the "fingerprints in the sand"... I was so mad that I wanted to blow his "crystal cathedral". He is a very ignorant man in issues that do not include "positive thinking" and does not know that this story source is an obscure illustration of esoterics, salvation by works and the man who carries the other and leaves the footprints in the sand IS NOT JESUS in the original story. I HATE (I hate the word hate...) when I go to so called Christian book stores and see people buying pictures with that story as if it SHOULD be in the Bible (yeah, they think is so beautiful that it SHOULD be in the Bible...). Preachers that mention these things have for long lost their interest for the 66 books of the Bible, let alone for the 13 Paul wrote, and could not careless if their sermon is based in some story borrowed from the devils bookshelf!

LEAVE THEM! Tomorrow!

Milt
    Grace Ambassador

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GraceAmbassador
    Joe:
    It seems as if the overwhelming majority here tells you to "run" and not just "walk" out of there! You seem to believe that you can still do "something" about before you leave, if you leave...

What other input is necessary?

As for me, a Buddhist quote in any "church" who identifies themselves as Christians has to be shunned as a plague!

I heard pastors using expression such:

"Let's keep our fingers crossed..."
    "Knock on wood..."

and other witchcraft related phrases. I don't care if they say this out of ignorance, but Paul warns us not to be ignorant of the devil's devices. If a so called church leader cannot recognize the devils devices, which in my view, include but are not limited to Buddhist quotations, one should not be under the authority and leadership of that "leader" any longer.

I heard one preaching about the "fingerprints in the sand"... I was so mad that I wanted to blow his "crystal cathedral". He is a very ignorant man in issues that do not include "positive thinking" and does not know that this story source is an obscure illustration of esoterics, salvation by works and the man who carries the other and leaves the footprints in the sand IS NOT JESUS in the original story. I HATE (I hate the word hate...) when I go to so called Christian book stores and see people buying pictures with that story as if it SHOULD be in the Bible (yeah, they think is so beautiful that it SHOULD be in the Bible...). Preachers that mention these things have for long lost their interest for the 66 books of the Bible, let alone for the 13 Paul wrote, and could not careless if their sermon is based in some story borrowed from the devils bookshelf!

LEAVE THEM! Tomorrow!

Milt

Milt, I do not think he was aware of the quote. I will ask him and see what he says. I will express my discontent, if he does something about it, then fine.

Leaving is nto easy, I have a few solid Gospel believing brothers there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GraceAmbassador
    Ray, why does that seem to surprise you?

Milt
    No Milt. It is just plain sad. Now Joe you will come to understand the benefit of polemics and how they checkmate apologetics every time this dunghill babble comes up.
    Greetings and salutations, el rana

21There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand.

Proverbs chapter 19

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No Milt. It is just plain sad. Now Joe you will come to understand the benefit of polemics and how they checkmate apologetics every time this dunghill babble comes up.
    Ray, I do nto even think you need words like that, or strategies, this is just junk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You need to leave... I don't care who is there.

Dave

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lion:

Run, run, as fast as you can.

Ray:

Polemics trump apologetics everytime? What does that even mean? If Erasmus engages in polemics but Luther engages in apologetics then does that mean that Erasmus wins? Isn't content more important than ranting and raving?
    For whatever strength of arm he may have who swims in the open sea, yet in time he is carried away and sunk, mastered by the greatness of its waves. Need then there is that we be in the ship, that is, that we be carried in the wood, that we may be able to cross this sea. Now this Wood in which our weakness is carried is the Cross of the Lord, by which we are signed, and delivered from the dangerous tempests of this world.--St. Augustine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wildboar
    Lion:

Run, run, as fast as you can.

Ray:

Polemics trump apologetics everytime? What does that even mean? If Erasmus engages in polemics but Luther engages in apologetics then does that mean that Erasmus wins? Isn't content more important than ranting and raving?
    Where am I to run to though? And why would I run? I would much rather run if the Gospel is not being taught, than over some church newsletter.

My concern is giving the pastor time to explain and see what he has to say.

Should I not give him a chance? he is brand new!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Should I not give him a chance? he is brand new!!!!!
    He had his opportunity to reveal himself as a Gospel preacher and obviously failed. Either leave or drop kick the dude.
    This is my signature.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Gill
    He had his opportunity to reveal himself as a Gospel preacher and obviously failed. Either leave or drop kick the dude.
    And he has done well thus far, 5 weeks as our pastor. THe messages have been much better than I have heard for 3 years.

I do not want to leave just because of the Buddhist quote. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt that he did not know it was in there.

Now, it becomes a much different story if I ask him about it, and he endorses it. But if he addresses it and makes sure it does nto happen again, then all is fine.

Joe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I do not want to leave just because of the Buddhist quote. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt that he did not know it was in there.
    If he has not already rebuked the one who posted the quote publicly yet, he is endorsing by silence. Remember: silence IS consent!

If he has not taught his church that a Buddhist quote has no place in the Body of Christ, specially in a church bulletin, he is a bad and negligent teacher. You should leave him as a derelict.

Forgive him? Yes. But do not place your life under his ministry since that would imply that YOU are endorsing his erroneous ways as well (not to say, wicked ways...)

Milt
    Grace Ambassador

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast