Pristine Grace

Thread: HOw does one dispute that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

HOw does one dispute that?

How do I answer a Catholic when they state that their church is " The Church" that Jesus founded? I ask this because when I hear this it makes me nervous that I am doing the wrong thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    A lot of the way you would answer that would have to do with their reasoning for their statement.

But, I too am curious as to how people would suggest dealing with that situation.

(sorry, I'm not too much help at this point right now...I just woke up)

2 Timothy 4:2-4
    <(((><
    1 Peter 3:15

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

how?

I have heard this an awfull lot. I get into these type of conversations with people.
    I don't say to them"oh you are going to hell because you are Catholic.."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    “How do I answer a Catholic when they state that their church is " The Church" that Jesus founded? I ask this because when I hear this it makes me nervous that I am doing the wrong thing.”

ME: The word “church” is a collective term that comes from the Greek word ekklesias which literally means “those called outside.” There is no one denomination, institution or sect that is “the church.” The church consists of all of us, regardless of our petty differences in doctrine, who believe Christ is Deity, our God, and who seek Him and follow His teachings. It then becomes irrelevant what institution we choose to worship Him. In fact, some of us choose no institution.
    Peace on earth and good will to all men is not just for Christmas. Peace, Jep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How do I answer a Catholic when they state that their church is " The Church" that Jesus founded? I ask this because when I hear this it makes me nervous that I am doing the wrong thing.”

The church is the body, and any person who is born-again and spirit filled is part of that body or church. God is not coming back for Catholics, Bapists, Methodist, or Pentacostals... he's coming back for his body... and those who are ready and awaiting his glorious arrive is "THE Church"
    Now the argument is, does a person who believes in pergatory, worships idols and believes in works being more crucial than grace have a true part in God's body (which is the church)?
    I guess I haven't answered your question either... heheh

JN 3:3 In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again. "

1PE 2:5 you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Catholics

Hi bunny

Bunny the best thing you can do with a roman catholic is to witness to them the grace of God.It will do little good to reason with them about doctrinal issues,and bunny know this"the catholic church is not where the church started" the catholic church started under constantine,he gained control over the people of his time by combining paganism with christianity,and is likely to be where the holidays of christmas and easter came from.Like I said bunny the best thing you can do is witness the grace of God to them,explain to them salvation is free,that there are no works on the part of men involved in it,and that only Christs works can save us,and let God do the rest.We are seed planters,God is the master gardener.

Steven

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    How do I answer a Catholic when they state that their church is " The Church" that Jesus founded?
    -----------------

Simple, tell them to get born again first and then to receive the Holy Ghost.
    *LOL

yes...seriously