Pristine Grace

Thread: False Doctrine of Amillennialism

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

False Doctrine of Amillennialism

How many forms of "millennialism are there? This was posted by a diehard "dispensationalist" over here and he also brings up the "first resurrection" and "beast/false prophet thrown into the fire.
    He makes Augustine look like a "full preterist"

I myself never could understand how those 2 characters could be "captured and thrown into the fire" without being judged at the "white thrown" first like everyone else, unless they are taken back out and "judged" at the end? Blessings

http://www.christianforums.com/t2130...preterism.html

The False Doctrine of Amillennialism and Preterism

Markea quote:

A-millennial
    means that there will not be a literal thousand year reign of Jesus Christ upon the earth.. millennial means thousand, and an a before it negates it.

Therefore, the false doctrine of amillennialism claims that this present time is actually the millennial kingdom of our Saviour and Lord Jesus Christ.. The thousand years mentioned in Revelation 20 are considered typical of a long period of time.. encompassing the last two-thousand years since Christ came to this earth.

Could there possibly be any greater mockery toward our Saviour and Lord Jesus Christ.. ?

Amillennialism in its roots comes from Augustine who interpreted the prophetic book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ from a preterist point of view.. which literally makes the living and abiding Word of God of none effect..

Amillennialism claims not only that these present times are the millennial kingdom of Christ, but also that Satan is bound and unable to deceive the nations AND that the First Resurrection is already past... These things are intricately tied together in Revelation 20 and so in order to claim one they must claim all three.

Much more nonsense concerning amillennialism and preterism to come...

Let's take a look at Revelation 20 and simply read it in its context... keep in mind that amillennialists believe that these events described in Revelation 20 are already past.. that's what preterism means.. past fulfilled.. this is why amillennialists claim that we're already in the millennial kingdom of Christ..right now.. and that Satan is bound right now.. etc etc

This portion of Revelation 19 is describing the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ in judgment with all His saints following Him.. and this is when the beast and false prophet are taken.. at the coming of the Lord in judgment..

So do the math... it's blatantly obvious that the beast and the false prophet are future realities yet to come.. for the Lord has not yet come in judgment against them and the kings of the earth who are gathered together against Christ..

It's really not that difficult.. but preterism "spiritualizes" all of this and falsely claims that these are events of the past...? ? ?
    It's literally nonsense.. and yet multitudes in Christendom have swallowed this false doctrine hook line and sinker, which stems from Augustine.. and it has heavily influenced Christendom ever since..

much more to come...
    =================
    BalaamsAss51 quote

Hello Markea.

You sure have a bee in your bonnet about amillearianism.

You posted - "millennialism claims not only that these present times are the millennial kingdom of Christ, but also that Satan is bound and unable to deceive the nations AND that the First Resurrection is already past... These things are intricately tied together in Revelation 20 and so in order to claim one they must claim all three."

If nothing else, this is faulty logic. There is nothing in the teaching of amillenarianism which says that, for instance, satan is not able to deceive. By the way, don't you think that Jesus was resurrected? As someone who holds this doctrine you don't like, I can assure you that you suppositions are in error, and you should not add to ideas you obviously don't like or understand.

Also preterism is a different teaching altogether.

Pax
    "There are Signs of a new upsurge of interest in the Study of Scriptures: a New Readiness to Test Traditions, Search the Scriptures and Rightly Divide the Word "I am the WAY the TRUTH the LIFE and the RESURRECTION and no man can come to the FATHER but by ME"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Re: False Doctrine of Amillennialism

I myself never could understand how those 2 characters could be "captured and thrown into the fire" without being judged at the "white thrown" first like everyone else, unless they are taken back out and "judged" at the end? Blessings

Apocalyptic is not actual chronological history in many cases; the beast and false prophet are singled out here for special judgment above the rest. Plus we really have no idea of how 'judgment at the end' will proceed--whether it will be all reprobates raised and judged in the same moment or consecutively at different actual times.
    I got four things to live by: don't say nothin' that will hurt anybody; don't give advice--no one will take it anyway; don't complain; don't explain. Walter Scott

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillTwisse

Apocalyptic is not actual chronological history in many cases; the beast and false prophet are singled out here for special judgment above the rest. Plus we really have no idea of how 'judgment at the end' will proceed--whether it will be all reprobates raised and judged in the same moment or consecutively at different actual times.
    I also confess and profess ignorance on this, even what my own resurrection will be like, and why I anxiously await my death to truly find out what God has prepared for those that love Him and the Son.

My feeble mortal mind just can't comprehend it for some reason, and the fact that God has always existed with no beginning is even more "mind numbing"!!!!.
    "There are Signs of a new upsurge of interest in the Study of Scriptures: a New Readiness to Test Traditions, Search the Scriptures and Rightly Divide the Word "I am the WAY the TRUTH the LIFE and the RESURRECTION and no man can come to the FATHER but by ME"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think whoever wrote that diatribe against Amil doctrine has a warped view of the "reign" of Christ. Amil doctrine maintains that while in this veil of tears the believer will continue to endure tribulation and persecution, that there will be no carnal, earthly reign of Christ before the judgement of the quick and the dead, and that the saints should be always ready and anticipate the Lord's return and final judgment.

The writer seems to think that amil doctrine undermines the Lord Jesus and His reign. God Forbid. Christ destroyed death and hell and as predestined by the Father, Jesus Christ was resurrected and sits at the right hand of our Heavenly Father, from where He will come to judge the quick and the dead.

One wonders the last time the writer read the Apostles creed?
    Greetings and salutations, el rana

21There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand.

Proverbs chapter 19

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

" A-millennial means that there will not be a literal thousand year reign of Jesus Christ upon the earth.. millennial means thousand, and an a before it negates it.

Therefore, the false doctrine of amillennialism claims that this present time is actually the millennial kingdom of our Saviour and Lord Jesus Christ.. The thousand years mentioned in Revelation 20 are considered typical of a long period of time.. encompassing the last two-thousand years since Christ came to this earth. Amillennialism in its roots comes from Augustine who interpreted the prophetic book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ from a preterist point of view.. which literally makes the living and abiding Word of God of none effect"..
    Quote Originally Posted by ray kikkert
    I think whoever wrote that diatribe against Amil doctrine has a warped view of the "reign" of Christ. Amil doctrine maintains that while in this veil of tears the believer will continue to endure tribulation and persecution, that there will be no carnal, earthly reign of Christ before the judgement of the quick and the dead, and that the saints should be always ready and anticipate the Lord's return and final judgment.

The writer seems to think that amil doctrine undermines the Lord Jesus and His reign. God Forbid. Christ destroyed death and hell and as predestined by the Father, Jesus Christ was resurrected and sits at the right hand of our Heavenly Father, from where He will come to judge the quick and the dead.

One wonders the last time the writer read the Apostles creed?
    I agree as he appears "carnal" in his views and his is just one of hundreds of views today among the Body of Christ. I myself profess not to know much about that 1000yr period myself, though I am studying on it to "reconcile" it with the OT prophecies/Scriptures. [I felt it may be "out of sequence" in revelation, but not sure?].
    Reve 2:10 tells us about the "Tribulation of the Saints" but delivered from the "Wraths" [the wraths appear to happen for but a "short time"].
    Any idea what the "10 days" represents? Blessings

Isaiah 61 also mentions the "opening of the prison", which I did a Biblical study on here if anyone is interested.
    "Isaiah 61 Opening of Prisons"
    http://newjerusalemministriesboards.com/showthread.php?p=14903#post14903
    Revelation 2:10 Fear not the things which thou art about to suffer: behold, the devil is about to cast some of you into prison[#5438], that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days. Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee the crown of life.
    Isaiah 61:1 "The Spirit of the Lord GOD [is] upon Me, Because the LORD has anointed Me To preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to [those who are] bound;

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InChristAlways
    I agree as he appears "carnal" in his views and his is just one of hundreds of views today among the Body of Christ. I myself profess not to know much about that 1000yr period myself, though I am studying on it to "reconcile" it with the OT prophecies/Scriptures. [I felt it may be "out of sequence" in revelation, but not sure?].
    Reve 2:10 tells us about the "Tribulation of the Saints" but delivered from the "Wraths" [the wraths appear to happen for but a "short time"].
    Any idea what the "10 days" represents? Blessings

10 would represent not only a definite time , but also a limited time where the persecution of the antichristian forces would be destroyed. This has to center in the Sovereign will and purpose of God.

Many a saint has been butchered by antichristian forces and all this by the determinate counsel of the Lord. Through tribulation the Lord sees fit to refine his elect. He has done it with Israel. He has done it with His elect throughout history.

The idea and reality of tribulation is ever present through history including today. When I read of the events that took place with saints who would not recant their profession and love for the Lord Jesus Christ and the terrible cruelity of their tormentors many things I think. I get angry, sad, rejoice teary eyed knowing but for the grace of God there would I go. Also, these saints that went before us may have had their earthly bodies mangled beyond recognition by men who seemed to bear more the appearance of beasts then of mankind.

Consider the following account from Fox's Book of Martyr's:

"Further Persecutions in the Valleys of Piedmont, in the Seventeenth Century

Giovanni Pulhus, a poor peasant of La Torre, being apprehended as a Protestant by the soldiers, was ordered, by the marquis of Pianesta, to be executed in a place near the convent. When he came to the gallows, several monks attended, and did all they could to persuade him to renounce his religion. But he told them he never would embrace idolatry, and that he was happy at being thought worthy to suffer for the name of Christ. They then put him in mind of what his wife and children, who depended upon his labor, would suffer after his decease; to which he replied, "I would have my wife and children, as well as myself, to consider their souls more than their bodies, and the next world before this; and with respect to the distress I may leave them in, God is merciful, and will provide for them while they are worthy of his protection." Finding the inflexibility of this poor man, the monks cried, "Turn him off! turn him off!" which the executioner did almost immediately, and the body being afterward cut down, was flung into the river. Paul Clement, an elder of the church of Rossana, being apprehended by the monks of a neighboring monastery, was carried to the market place of that town, where some Protestants had just been executed by the soldiers. He was shown the dead bodies, in order that the sight might intimidate him. On beholding the shocking subjects, he said, calmly, "You may kill the body, but you cannot prejudice the soul of a true believer; but with respect to the dreadful spectacles which you have here shown me, you may rest assured, that God's vengeance will overtake the murderers of those poor people, and punish them for the innocent blood they have spilt." The monks were so exasperated at this reply that they ordered him to be hanged directly; and while he was hanging, the soldiers amused themselves in standing at a distance, and shooting at the body as at a mark.

Constantia Bellione, a Protestant lady, being apprehended on account of her faith, was asked by a priest if she would renounce the devil and go to Mass; to which she replied, "I was brought up in a religion by which I was always taught to renounce the devil; but should I comply with your desire, and go to Mass, I should be sure to meet him there in a variety of shapes." The priest was highly incensed at what she said, and told her to recant, or she would suffer cruelly. The lady, however, boldly answered that she valued not any sufferings he could inflict, and in spite of all the torments he could invent, she would keep her conscience pure and her faith inviolate. The priest then ordered slices of her flesh to be cut off from several parts of her body, which cruelty she bore with the most singular patience, only saying to the priest, "What horrid and lasting torments will you suffer in hell, for the trifling and temporary pains which I now endure." Exasperated at this expression, and willing to stop her tongue, the priest ordered a file of musqueteers to draw up and fire upon her, by which she was soon despatched, and sealed her martyrdom with her blood. "

....................The body they may kill, God's truth abideth still. Their reward is not some pathetic virgin and gold of this dung infested world the pleasure of the flesh and vanity of men.

No their reward is eternal fellowship with Christ their Rock and that reward the human mind cannot fathom while we walk this veil of tears.

Tribulations and persecution will continue on this earth and they will intensify as the antichristian forces time grows to a close. Our grandparents may have thought Christ would come during the time of world war 2. Regardless we cry "Come Lord Jesus , come quickly".
    Greetings and salutations, el rana

21There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand.

Proverbs chapter 19