Thread: The Elect Who Lost Their Salvation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Elect Who Lost Their Salvation

Matthew 22

1And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said,
    2The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
    3And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
    4Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.
    5But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:
    6And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.
    7But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
    8Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Re: The Elect Who Lost Their Salvation

Oh, man... Dude.

You *so* suck...

CONTEXT CONTEXT CONTEXT!

Jesus earthly ministry! To whom? Those whom were invited...

THE JEWS!

Ya' know, the vine that didn't produce fruit (Isaiah 5-6).

Yuck! Blech! Gag! Bad taste in my mouth.

Man, that was the worst exposition I've ever read on the forums to date...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You know what I will never understand?

Why people who profess to be Christians and say they are saved by grace, try so hard to show that they are actually saved by their own will...and they will rip and claw their way through the bible till they find a verse that sooths them like a lullaby that says they saved themselves.

Watch them as they lift their hands and sway back and forth with tears rolling down their faces during their never-ending choruses! Praise your weak god you who love your own wills, praise your vacillating deity you who love your own wisdom! Praise your divine bellhop you who know better than the true Creator of all things! Praise your so called messiah who fails to save any one.

No wonder you cry and wail, look at what you believe!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

phronesis, why do you lie about your location in your profile?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Michael, are you saved?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ugly_Gaunt_Cow, Michael:

Mat 12 37For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Do anyone here speak like a Christian?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

You don't sound like a Christian to me phronesis when you talk about being able to "lose" something like salvation. Also, from your profile, I can see that you are clueless as to what the Bible actually teaches.
    This is my signature.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.]

Darth Gill,

Who made you judge?

Even if we follow Ugly_Gaunt_Cow's line of reasoning; Aren't the Jews God's elect?

From another perspective, have you not read about the mystery of the Kingdom. That Christ has made twain into one; so that there's no longer any difference between Jews and gentiles, males or females and the bond and the free.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

By the way Darth Gill,

I'm [TRULY] all about Scripture. Quotes from Martin Luther or any other man, bears very little weight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Michael, are you saved?

Who cares?!

The issue is the faithfulness of God in Christ.

The bottom line: Jesus the Christ saved His people from their sins. The actions of men do not earn nor do they void the promise of God.

You sir, stand condemned for the false gospel you believe in your heart, speak with your mouth, and write on the internet.

Your laughable exposition of scripture is no different than those who have come before you on this forum. Your time here will be very short, for this website does not exist to provide the likes of you with a platform to promote heresy; rather it exists to proclaim the finished work of Christ Jesus and the Sovereignty of God Almighty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Michael Hughes, have you not read what Jesus said:

Luk 6:46
    And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Mat 7:23-25
    24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: 25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
    26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
    27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

If all you have is faith, you're dead ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phronesis
    Ugly_Gaunt_Cow, Michael:

Mat 12 37For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Do anyone here speak like a Christian?
    Only when God Wills it...

Aside from that could you expand the context of that verse for us please?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phronesis
    Michael Hughes, have you not read what Jesus said:

Luk 6:46
    And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Mat 7:23-25
    24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: 25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
    26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
    27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

If all you have is faith, you're dead ...
    Phronesis,

I beg you to read carefully the scriptures that you are throwing out there. Reading the bible is a serious business and we will be held accountable with how we have communicated it to other people. I pray that God would open your eyes to the truth and allow you to truely read what is there.

The bible never ever teaches that our works save us nor does it teach that works plus faith saves us.

True faith will be accompanied by good works. The bible does not teach that you need faith with good works to please God but that works are the fruit of faith. An apple tree produces apples. Faith produces good works.

What are good works?

John 6:28 - 29

They said therefore unto him, What must we do, that we may work the works of God? 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

And what does it say? That this "work" is from God. The very fact that someone believes is an act of God. Not a good work that you performed that will please God enough to save you.

That is the daming thing about the false gospel that is being preached today in so called churches. They teach that Christ has only provided a way to salvation. That if you are righteous enough then you too can pass the test of God by "accepting Christ as your savior".

The Gospel is not that there is a test to pass, that we have an opporunity to please God by our own power to accept or reject Christ. The gospel (the good news) is what Christ did on the cross. That He has graciously saved His people from their sins.

I beg of you to read carefully and to pray to God that He would open your eyes to what scripture says. That you would go back and read and perhaps consider that what you have been taught could be wrong. I beg that you not let pride get in the way of this worth pursuit.

In Christ,

Dave