Pristine Grace

Thread: son(s) of man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

son(s) of man

The term Son of man, or son(s) of man appears many times throughout the Bible. While often times the implication is clear, I sometimes find myself confused as to whom it should be applied.

Realizing that context is key, is there a simple way to discern who this topic may be speaking of in the variety of different context it is used?

I know this is vague, and there may not be an appropriate answer, but I thought I would appeal for help. If any can be provided, I am certain this is the place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Re: son(s) of man

What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitist him? Ps. 8:4

In the parallelism of this Psalm it becomes clear who the SON OF MAN is. MAN!!!
    I got four things to live by: don't say nothin' that will hurt anybody; don't give advice--no one will take it anyway; don't complain; don't explain. Walter Scott

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: son(s) of man

Quote Originally Posted by ashamoun
    The term Son of man, or son(s) of man appears many times throughout the Bible. While often times the implication is clear, I sometimes find myself confused as to whom it should be applied.

Realizing that context is key, is there a simple way to discern who this topic may be speaking of in the variety of different context it is used?

I know this is vague, and there may not be an appropriate answer, but I thought I would appeal for help. If any can be provided, I am certain this is the place.
    I would recommend using bible commentaries such as John Calvin or Gill who tend to be more faithful in exegesis. These have been a help to me.
    Greetings and salutations, el rana

21There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand.

Proverbs chapter 19