Pristine Grace

Thread: Prayer Request

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Prayer Request

Hello Brethren,
    You have all been very helpful with theology questions in the past, and for that I have always been thankful. If I could make one more request of you all, it would be for prayer.

My wife and I are going through some difficult times brought on by my pride and arrogance in our family's financial matters. If it weren't for her faith, she would have left me last week. Needless to say, things are tenious in our household. She has forgiven me, but is still finding it difficult to let go of the anger she feels for our current situation.

The most difficult part of this, is not just the emotional situation, but knowing that it was brought about by my disobedience to God. She even referenced the fact that she has always found it so easy to trust me in all matters because of the faith that we shared. Knowing that I have been a horrible witness to the Gospel, to even my own wife, is a pain that I could not have imagined.

A week prior to my confession to her, our pastor delivered a sermon on how if we do not fear displeasing God over all things, then we must not truly believe. We must not understand the cost of the atonement, if we are willfully and knowingly continuing in sin. Considering the situation I was in at that time, that really hit me very very hard. I realized that I feared her reaction more then I did God's. I was not only arrogant in our financial matters, but also arrogant in my sin. I am sickened by what I have done.

I realize that I may be rambling now, but I ask you all to pray, especially for my wife as she deals with something she should never have had to. I have been praying every day that her faith, does not suffer because of my disobedience. Frankly, I am sure we will pull through this, if nothing else, because of our faith, but I don't know that we will ever get our relationship to where it was just two weeks ago. And that fact is something I may have to deal with for a very long time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Prayer Request

Anthony, let us know if there is anything we can do. I will be praying for you brother.

Mike

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Me too Anthony.

Ezekiel 36 v 11b
    ".......and I will settle you after your old estates, and will do better unto you than at your beginnings: and ye shall know that I am the LORD."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ashamoun
    Hello Brethren,
    You have all been very helpful with theology questions in the past, and for that I have always been thankful. If I could make one more request of you all, it would be for prayer.

I realize that I may be rambling now, but I ask you all to pray, especially for my wife as she deals with something she should never have had to. I have been praying every day that her faith, does not suffer because of my disobedience. Frankly, I am sure we will pull through this, if nothing else, because of our faith, but I don't know that we will ever get our relationship to where it was just two weeks ago. And that fact is something I may have to deal with for a very long time.
    Know of a surety that I have fallen into the same type of sin as you in not being truthful with my wife. What a burden off the shoulders when I surrendered my lying to her. Not only that but more importantly, I was not obeying the Lord either. I have grown in grace and the love I have for the Lord and the help meet that He in His infinite wisdom gave to me grows every year. I pray for you both as well.

My hope is that the Lord would draw you both closer to Him not only as husband and wife , but also more importantly to draw you closer to Him as your heavenly Father. The idea of family is very important. That we not only thank Him for the blessings He has given, but also submit as His children and lay before Him the trials and tribulations that we have and humbly pray as His children for guidance and wisdom to do that which is pleasing to Him. It is not for want that the Lord states that not only the good , but also the evil in our lives will be turned to our profit in our walk in this veil of tears.

Our heavenly Father knows best and always has. We are even as adults as little children and stray and wander away, thinking we can combat this world and wickedness even within us by ourselves and our own willing and striving. How often time and time again are we shown how utterly useless the striving apart from Christ is. Till the Lord's own are broken and humbled to the dust and cry out for deliverance in the Name and Person who alone can, our Saviour Christ.

I need to remember and meditate on this , just as you. Lord be merciful to me , a sinner. By Thy grace , uphold me as a father, as a husband, and most importantly as Thy servant. Thou art the Potter, I am the clay. Mold me after Thy will and make me a loving and upright father and husband, that Thy Name may be glorified and Thy Name be honored, lest I bring reproach upon Thy Name because of my wretched actions and lifestyle.

I pray the same for you as well.
    Greetings and salutations, el rana

21There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand.

Proverbs chapter 19

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I will echo what Ray has said. I have been deceived into thinking I can lie to my spouse to protect her from certainthings. But as the swallows always return to cappistrano, our sins find out out. It is a struggle I deal with daily

You will be in my prayers
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
    GALATIANS 5:22

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anthony......My wife and I are praying to the Lord that His will be manifested to you and yours. Our trials and tribulations bring hope and patience to us. Only Grace will sustain thee.

Nicholas
    My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand..........John 10:27,28

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you all for your support and prayer. I don't know where this will all lead, but I do take comfort in knowing that it is in the hands of God, and that no matter the outcome, it will serve His purpose.