Pristine Grace

Thread: 1 cor 3 : 10 - 15

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1 cor 3 : 10 - 15

What does this passage teach ? To be saved yet so as by fire ? can i have some feedback on this passage in its context ?
    There is no such thing as preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what...is called Calvinism...It is a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

charles spurgeon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Re: 1 cor 3 : 10 - 15

Quote Originally Posted by beloved57
    What does this passage teach ? To be saved yet so as by fire ? can i have some feedback on this passage in its context ?
    Here is Gill:

http://bible.5solas.org/bible.php?vi...&createchaps=1
    and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is; by the fire is meant, not the general conflagration of the world, when that, and all that is therein, will be burnt up; much less the fire of purgatory, the "papists" dream of, for the punishment of evil actions; for the apostle is not speaking of the actions of men, good or bad, but of the doctrines of ministers; rather the fire of tribulation and affliction, which, as it is for the trial of the grace of faith, so of the doctrine of faith, whereby it becomes much more precious than of gold that perisheth; or of some fiery dispensation of God's vengeance, as on Jerusalem: though the word of God, which is as fire, seems to be intended; which in some certain times so blazes forth, and will more especially in the latter day, that by the light of it, both ministers and churches will be able to see clearly the bright shining lustre of the gold, silver, and precious stones; and with so much heat, as to burn up the wood, hay, and stubble; when the difference between these things will be most easily discerned.
    This is my signature.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks B..that is very helpful...you know, some folks seem to have a understanding of the person and work of christ, but go astray on there eschatology, you know what I mean?
    There is no such thing as preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what...is called Calvinism...It is a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

charles spurgeon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Are you talking about preterists? I know a certain guy who's name starts with "M". You talkin' about guys like him?
    This is my signature.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know him, but more to a guy like w e b (a pre mill) but seems very sound on salvation...

charles spurgeon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

OH yah, I know a few of those guys.
    This is my signature.