Pristine Grace

Thread: What the Bible teaches

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What the Bible teaches

My wife is not like me in that she doesn’t have the time or inclination to study about Supralapsarianism, hyper-Calvinism well meant offer, ect. What she does do is read the bible and pray with a sincere desire to serve and obey her risen savior. When I share what I have read concerning the above mentioned topics, she is surprised that anyone would object to the doctrine taught by those espousing high grace predestination because that doctrine is what she has read in scripture ever since she was a little girl. I guess it takes a PhD in theology to screw up the beautiful simple message contained in the Bible.

As a side note, my wife is the nicest person I have ever met who when she is not heartily laughing is displaying the grandest smile this side of heaven.
    "An expert is a person who avoids small error as he sweeps on to the grand fallacy."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: What the Bible teaches

It's funny - my wife is very similar to yours it seems! She does not necessarily know all the buzz words, but when we talk about high-grace things she says "well duh!" or "isn't that obvious?" We both find it difficult to believe that professing Christians can find any other doctrine expoused in God's Word!

God bless you and your wife.

-Kyle
    Gal 6:14 But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iminthebook
    My wife is not like me in that she doesn’t have the time or inclination to study about Supralapsarianism, hyper-Calvinism well meant offer, ect. What she does do is read the bible and pray with a sincere desire to serve and obey her risen savior. When I share what I have read concerning the above mentioned topics, she is surprised that anyone would object to the doctrine taught by those espousing high grace predestination because that doctrine is what she has read in scripture ever since she was a little girl. I guess it takes a PhD in theology to screw up the beautiful simple message contained in the Bible.

As a side note, my wife is the nicest person I have ever met who when she is not heartily laughing is displaying the grandest smile this side of heaven.
    That is quite familiar for my wife and I as well "PhD" in some cases must stand for " Pathetic Hermeneutical Dung"
    Greetings and salutations, el rana

21There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand.

Proverbs chapter 19

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah...well....that is very admirable! When ever I talk to my EX fiance about predestination, she thinks I am crazy, and that I am to obsessed with doctrine...basically she is unconverted, sad but true...so consider yourself very graced by God for having such wives! I would give anything to have her be truly converted, then I could marry her....but the Lord might have other plans!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

David, Kyle & Ray: add my wife to this list! Are we blessed or what! David your description of your wife fits mine to the "T"......she wakes up all happy & "giggly".....I'm jealous! Thank God for "Supra-Hyper" spouses! And Nick, well you need to wait on the Lord (Isa 40:31)......we will pray for your situation!.......KK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nheath37
    Yeah...well....that is very admirable! When ever I talk to my EX fiance about predestination, she thinks I am crazy, and that I am to obsessed with doctrine...basically she is unconverted, sad but true...so consider yourself very graced by God for having such wives! I would give anything to have her be truly converted, then I could marry her....but the Lord might have other plans!
    Your right Nick...we ought to be thankful for the help meets we have been giving. The Lord knows how to give good gifts to His children and His arm does not wax short that He is unable.....so do not despair Nick......your not crazy...... the Lord's doctrine ought to work itself out in lifestyle...the Lord blesses that because it was He that gave it unconditionally in the first place.

21There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand.

Proverbs chapter 19

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Add mine to the list too I think she's the bestest!
    Isaiah 45:7, (KJV), I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, there is no way I could not add my wife to the "bestests" either, she is the proverbs 31 woman I think..........by God's grace

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I am in the same boat as Nick I think. Well I wasn't engaged to anyone.. but I to wonder sometimes if God will provide a husband who understands grace is not conditioned upon men, understands showing grace and forgiveness, someone who has a desire and love for God. I love to read through Scripture.. talk on this forum (isn't that obvious?!)
    But yeah you people who are married.. have wonderful wives are so blessed. I think for me its hard being a women.. I'd enjoy the company of another my age who believed life me.. to have a close knit fellowship with. But I am content and also thankful for everyone on this forum.
    I was talking with someone recently and got some good insight but also how are we to be sure that God will bring a man or women into our lives? I mean I desire family so much, a family who loves the Lord and His soveriegnty and grace.. a man that leads me to the Lord. What does one do? wait patiently? sometimes its easier said then done. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Mary
    A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold. - Wisdom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whammer
    Well, there is no way I could not add my wife to the "bestests" either, she is the proverbs 31 woman I think..........by God's grace
    Amen , Wham,,I believe my wife is a prov 31 women...She not only is my wife, but also my best friend...
    There is no such thing as preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what...is called Calvinism...It is a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

charles spurgeon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by beloved57
    Amen , Wham,,I believe my wife is a prov 31 women...She not only is my wife, but also my best friend...
    Same here brother, I have no better friend here than my wife, you and I and the others that have posted are blessed men indeed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MCoving
    But yeah you people who are married.. have wonderful wives are so blessed. I think for me its hard being a women.. I'd enjoy the company of another my age who believed life me.. to have a close knit fellowship with. But I am content and also thankful for everyone on this forum.
    I was talking with someone recently and got some good insight but also how are we to be sure that God will bring a man or women into our lives? I mean I desire family so much, a family who loves the Lord and His soveriegnty and grace.. a man that leads me to the Lord. What does one do? wait patiently? sometimes its easier said then done. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Mary
    Yes......take it to the Lord in prayer Mary.

Proverbs chapter 19