Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mc Church

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Mc Church

Quote Originally Posted by marcuslid View Post
    I found this today, I wonder if Mc Church serves this. I shouldn't be amazed at this, but there is always someone
    1 in 3 Trinity Energy Drink
    that is probably not real but made for a witness bumper sticker or myspace comment type thingy..i am fixing to take it a start posting it..it rules
    "Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days. "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

How's this for Mr. McChurch?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I'm certainly comforted that the Pope is an accomplished archaeologist and forensic anthropologist, or we would never know where the Apostle Paul's bones came to rest:

http://www.newsdaily.com/stories/tre...ly-saint-bone/

My only bit of skepticism is where did they acquire the source DNA in which to make a positive match with the Apostle's?
    Isaiah 45:7, (KJV), I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Highlyfavored View Post
    I'm certainly comforted that the Pope is an accomplished archaeologist and forensic anthropologist, or we would never know where the Apostle Paul's bones came to rest:

My only bit of skepticism is where did they acquire the source DNA in which to make a positive match with the Apostle's?
    Good point.

I heard about it on the radio and they referred to the Apostle Paul as a Catholic Saint.
    Rom 8:18-21, (NASB), For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us. For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Highlyfavored View Post

The Papacy for centuries has always come up with new inventions to mesmerize the unsuspecting public. Nothing new here!

She will probably market these fragments as relics. Those who purchase these relics will receive special graces to lesson their time in Purgatory.
    This Pope like all popes before him have no clue at all to the teachings of the Pauline Gospel. Worshipping his alledged bones won't help them one bit.

However there will still be many who acknowledge this man as a leader of the Christian world. Man worship will always continue in this system as in all false cults.

Just look how pretty he looks in his pagan hat and robes. What stupidity mankind has embraced as the real.

Unless God opens up the eyes, ears, and minds of His people, they too will have no power over this great fraud and deception called Romanism.

Attachment 679

Nicholas
    My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand..........John 10:27,28

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Highly Favored

There is obviously no way of proving without a shadow of a doubt that these are Paul's bones just as it is the case with other ancient tombs. But it does appear that the bones match the time period and that from very early on people recognized them as Paul's bones. The Pope is a promoter of false doctrine but he is also a very well-read and very educated man, he doesn't make statements without careful consideration.

People shouldn't worship such things but it would be neat to see. My wife and I have been watching the Drive Thru History series. It has aired on both TBN and the History Channel and they go to all kinds of Biblical locations. It's put together alot better than any others of I've seen. One of my favorite places they showed was a Christian Church that was built eight stories underground in the shape of a cross. They lived underground to escape persecution. They also have a series on American history I would like to see. So far the scholarship seems very good.
    For whatever strength of arm he may have who swims in the open sea, yet in time he is carried away and sunk, mastered by the greatness of its waves. Need then there is that we be in the ship, that is, that we be carried in the wood, that we may be able to cross this sea. Now this Wood in which our weakness is carried is the Cross of the Lord, by which we are signed, and delivered from the dangerous tempests of this world.--St. Augustine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is anyone ready to halve a good laugh? I hope so. The below will demonstrate how superstitious, naive, and just flat out stupid religious people can be. Especially Papists!

As usual my comments will be in RED.

Brace yourself!

Relics for sale
    As most of you know I’m working a full-time job as well as half -time at my church. With family and blogging and work, I have to ditch one of my hobbies, collecting relics of Saints. When I was in the Navy, I was stationed in Italy and picked up these authentic relics of St. John the baptist. It is said, that if you gaze at them long enough, you’ll shave years of your stay in Purgatorio. I’ll sell to the highest bidder (sold as a set only).

Attachment 680
    John the Baptist's skull (as a boy)
    Attachment 681
    John the Baptist's skull (as a teen)
    Attachment 682

John the Baptist's skull (as an adult)
    Attachment 683
    Reliquary included free of charge.

Below are some comments from various people who responded to this ad.

I already have the boy and the adult skull, I just need the teen skull to fill out my John the Baptist collection. I have an extra one of David’s stones that he used against Goliath and a Moses rookie card that I will trade you.”

Hilarious!!!!

I think that you need a nap!! You are getting delusional! Hilarious, but delusional. By the way, I’ve seen these on ebay already!”

I agree

There is a small Reformed seminary in Montreal in a former catholic church. They removed a couple of the teeth of St. Edward from the Altar when they moved in.”

Ok? However did they keep the Altar? There is no need for Altars anymore since there is nothing to sacrifice. Christ’s sacrifice was once only. Read the letter of Hebrews and count how many times the word “once” is used in reference to Christ’s sacrifice. Church buildings which contain Altars only show how ignorant they are of the Gospel.

Do you get extra time off if you can juggle with them?”

LOL....LOL...LOL...LOL!!!!

Wow, only in Italy can you get genuine artifacts such as these! And they even have all three skulls of one man! A miracle. But the evidence of a strictly locust-and-honey diet is evident by the adult stage. My dentist warned me about that.”

This man should be taught the hermeneutics of Mystery and Paradox, then and only then he will be able to accept all three skulls as the same person.

“ “The evidence… is evident…?” Sorry, my mistake. I was so giddy after seeing those skulls that I wasn’t thinking clearly. “The evidence… is clear…”
    You know, Marc, you could put one of these in a bowling ball or maybe make three bowling balls and share with your family? (Ever see “Mystery Men”?) That way, you could still enjoy them without sacrificing family time.”

Now there is a sober response!

I’ll trade you John the Baptist’s foreskin for a skull.”

I’m in tears laughing!

Have you heard anything regarding the whereabouts of Joseph’s pants yet?”

No. But I have his coat. In fact I have 200 of them for sale all the original one. Buy now get 2 for 1 low price!!

Since John the Baptist appears to have already been shaved, does that shorten my stay in Purgatorio by half?”

Absolutely not! You must stay there till you have paid the last farthing..

It’s nice to know that John the Baptist went through so many transformations. I thought only cats did this.”

Well, you know what they say, “Three heads are better than one.” No wait . . . that’s “two heads are better than one. Oh well, that means that three heads are better than two!”

Can the reliquary be motorized? Exactly how many cubits is it? It would make a great “Sunday car”.

Sorry dear friend it cannot be motorized. However the Pope-mobile is. And better yet it contains a living relic for you to worship. You can even kiss his feet!

And the last response

wait, those can’t be the same skulls — or CAN they…? “

Probably from a Charismatic Catholic. They along with other Charismatics and religious superstitious will believe almost anything.

Who knows? maybe a 50 ft Jesus will appear in your next healing crusade or Sunday service. And better yet Jesus will condescend from heaven and join himself to a piece of bread so you can chew on him for a while, digest Him, then let Him go in your next bowell movement.

Nicholas
    My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand..........John 10:27,28

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nicholas View Post
    It is said, that if you gaze at them long enough, you’ll shave years of your stay in Purgatorio.
    I can't speak for the rest of those on the forum, but I am off work the next two days and I plan to spend that time staring at the pictures of those skulls to shave whatever I can of my time in Purgatory.
    Rom 8:18-21, (NASB), For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us. For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinator View Post
    I can't speak for the rest of those on the forum, but I am off work the next two days and I plan to spend that time staring at the pictures of those skulls to shave whatever I can of my time in Purgatory.
    I wouldn't worry about it too much, if you make it to Purgatory, Heaven's in the bag.
    Col 2:9, (NASB), For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by st. nick
    Is anyone ready to halve a good laugh? I hope so. The below will demonstrate how superstitious, naive, and just flat out stupid religious people can be. Especially Papists!

Purgatorio is a religious humor page. This is satire. There are no doubt many superstitious people in the RCC but this is satire. You apparently didn't get the joke.
    For whatever strength of arm he may have who swims in the open sea, yet in time he is carried away and sunk, mastered by the greatness of its waves. Need then there is that we be in the ship, that is, that we be carried in the wood, that we may be able to cross this sea. Now this Wood in which our weakness is carried is the Cross of the Lord, by which we are signed, and delivered from the dangerous tempests of this world.--St. Augustine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wildboar View Post

Purgatorio is a religious humor page. This is satire. There are no doubt many superstitious people in the RCC but this is satire. You apparently didn't get the joke.
    That may be so, but that is not far off from reality. I have seen the guy who played Jesus in the Passion of the Christ talk about having a piece of the cross and getting some kind of grace from it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinator
    That may be so, but that is not far off from reality. I have seen the guy who played Jesus in the Passion of the Christ talk about having a piece of the cross and getting some kind of grace from it.
    Right but you can't prove anything from someone's joke all you might be able to prove is that St. Nicholas doesn't have much of a sense of humor. It's like the email gullible Christians were sending around years ago about the author of Harry Potter being a satan worshiper. It was a work of satire put out by the Onion. All it proved was that some Christians are very gullible and don't have much of a sense of humor.

If I were to create some satirical work based upon people at Predestinarian.net it might help reveal silly things being done and taught but only a fool would try to use it as proof that Predestinarian.net is completely insane.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Right but you can't prove anything from someone's joke all you might be able to prove is that St. Nicholas doesn't have much of a sense of humor. It's like the email gullible Christians were sending around years ago about the author of Harry Potter being a satan worshiper. It was a work of satire put out by the Onion. All it proved was that some Christians are very gullible and don't have much of a sense of humor.

If I were to create some satirical work based upon people at Predestinarian.net it might help reveal silly things being done and taught but only a fool would try to use it as proof that Predestinarian.net is completely insane.
    I think Nich has a sense of humor. Why do you think that he keeps you around?

I know that my humor is a little twisted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wrong again Charles! I did get the joke and I took the liberty to expand on it. However you said that there are "many superstitious" people in the RCC. This is true, but an understatement. ALL Papists are superstitious mystics. Just like modern day Charismatics and other mystics. All who have ecumenical unity and call them "brethren in Christ" lend credence to her blatent corruption, and false Gospel, thus proving themselves to be blind as Rome.

Chuck..... please no need to respond unless you feel I have said something that is not true.

Instead of asking me a question to clarify the meaning or intent of this post before you respond, you just respond with saying "You apparently didn't get the joke."

However this is typical of you

Charles please take my advice again with all sincerety. You would be better off joining onto some ecumenical or Roman Catholic forum. You will be in better company with them and have more harmony. You can discuss a variety of churchian topics as I have listed to you before. One thing for sure. You can all disagree and contradict one another and still ALL BE CORRECT!

Nicholas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There are mystics within Roman Catholicism but their big problem is that on an official dogmatic level they are rationalists.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Nick
    Instead of asking me a question to clarify the meaning or intent of this post before you respond, you just respond with saying "You apparently didn't get the joke."

However this is typical of you

I was assuming the best of you. Otherwise I couldn't think of any reason to post something as "proof" that was actually satire.

Quote Originally Posted by st. nick
    You can all disagree and contradict one another and still ALL BE CORRECT!

I'm not sure why you would think we would all be correct, but we wouldn't be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I'm not sure why you would think we would all be correct, but we wouldn't be.

Do you really think that Nicholas believes what you have written?

This is a joke right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    Do you really think that Nicholas believes what you have written?

This is a joke right?
    I have resolved to put the best possible construction on things regardless of how ridiculous that becomes. Either St. Nicholas is slandering me and lying by saying that I believe that someone else and myself could contradict each other and both be correct when I have never said anything like this or he himself believes that people can contradict one another and both be correct. So I have chosen to continue communication as if St. Nicholas is not lying or slandering and in this case to believe that St. Nicholas believes that contradictory positions can both be correct is the best possible construction.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well.....isn't THAT special......

***said in best Paul Lynde imitation (boy am I dating myself)***

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rlhuckle View Post
    Well.....isn't THAT special......

***said in best Paul Lynde imitation (boy am I dating myself)***
    That guy was very funny.

I'll consider my self in the in the same boat Roger.
    Isaiah 45:7, (KJV), I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Here's another little tid bit!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast