Pristine Grace

Thread: An unclear view of eschatology

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

An unclear view of eschatology

This is what can happen if you have an unclear view of eschatology and are stupid, so watch out:

Idaho man sees 'mark of the beast," cuts off and microwaves hand
    By The Associated Press

HAYDEN, Idaho A man who believed he bore the "mark of the beast" amputated one of his hands, put it in a microwave and summoned authorities, Kootenai County sheriff's deputies say.

The man, in his mid-20s, was calm when deputies arrived at his home in this north Idaho town Saturday afternoon, and neither he nor the severed hand bore any noticeable tattoo or other mark, sheriff's Capt. Ben Wolfinger.

The man, whose name was withheld, was in protective custody in the mental health unit of Kootenai Medical Center in Coeur d'Alene, where he and the hand were taken by ambulance. Hospital spokeswoman Lisa Johnson would not say whether an attempt was made to reattach the hand, citing patient confidentiality restrictions.

"He put a tourniquet on his arm before, so he didn't bleed to death," Wolfinger said. " That kind of mental illness is just sad."

The New Testament Book of Revelation contains a passage in which an angel is quoted as saying, according to the New International Version of the Bible, "If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives his mark on the forehead or on the hand, he, too, will drink the wine of God's fury."

Wolfinger said didn't know which hand was amputated.
    Isaiah 45:7, (KJV), I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: An unclear view of eschatology

This is the very reason why we who have been granted the gifts of Wisdom and Discernment should daily and forever glorify our God and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Without a clear understanding of the Gospel, There is no hope at all. All eschatological and ecclesiastical understanding will be errant and lead to utter confusion and delusion.

Thank you Lord for protecting and guiding your chosen ones, in this maze of existence called life.

Amen and Amen,
    Nicholas
    My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand..........John 10:27,28

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

There is someone who recently had a very unclear view of Jesus Christ. A rot spot inside a cut potato had the shape of a cross. As the potato was allowed to spoil further, the cross image expanded to look like a man hanging on the cross (in her imagination). And this is all viewed as a real message from God!
    I got four things to live by: don't say nothin' that will hurt anybody; don't give advice--no one will take it anyway; don't complain; don't explain. Walter Scott

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robert R. Higby View Post
    There is someone who recently had a very unclear view of Jesus Christ. A rot spot inside a cut potato had the shape of a cross. As the potato was allowed to spoil further, the cross image expanded to look like a man hanging on the cross (in her imagination). And this is all viewed as a real message from God!
    I saw that recently on Fox News.
    This is my signature.