Pristine Grace
Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 hour wait discontinued

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

4 hour wait discontinued

I have disabled the 4 hour wait to see new posts by non-subscribers. We'll see how it goes before it's a permanent change. Edit: It has now been re-enabled.
    This is my signature.

Just Grace

Re: 4 hour wait discontinued

Answered prayer.

Thank you Father.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Gill View Post
    I have disabled the 4 hour wait to see new posts by non-subscribers. We'll see how it goes before it's a permanent change.
    Yeah B thats a good Ideal..
    There is no such thing as preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what...is called Calvinism...It is a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

charles spurgeon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

I'm sure that non-subscribers love this change, however, consider the down side to it. This means that anyone who is registered has the ability to post any stupid nonsense immediately.

People on other boards have called us opportunists and money-grubbers for having a subscription fee; I have read their posts. But I think that posting on good boards is a privilege--just like voting is. Just as I support a minimal poll tax to disqualify voters having no true principle, I support our minimal subscription fee to defray a very small portion of Brandan's costs in administering this board.
    I got four things to live by: don't say nothin' that will hurt anybody; don't give advice--no one will take it anyway; don't complain; don't explain. Walter Scott

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Thanks Bob - I'll talk about it with you and the facilitators privately.
    This is my signature.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

4 hour wait re-enabled. Thanks Bob for your response.
    This is my signature.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Gill View Post
    4 hour wait re-enabled. Thanks Bob for your response.
    Make it 2 hours. 4 hours is too long.

Bob stated: I'm sure that non-subscribers love this change, however, consider the down side to it. This means that anyone who is registered has the ability to post any stupid nonsense immediately.

This is like saying if you legalize marijuana, more people will smoke. Completely untrue. Delete the nonsense if you see it..
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
    GALATIANS 5:22

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lion:

That's completely unfair, marijuana is way more healthy. Just kidding. Brandon can do what he wants. It's his board. It does become a bit irritating when trying to engage in discussion on a topic, since I'm not sure if I'm repeating something someone has already said or where someone is going with something and I don't feel right about financially supporting the board due to my theological differences with it but if I were running a board I might want others to help defray the cost as well.
    For whatever strength of arm he may have who swims in the open sea, yet in time he is carried away and sunk, mastered by the greatness of its waves. Need then there is that we be in the ship, that is, that we be carried in the wood, that we may be able to cross this sea. Now this Wood in which our weakness is carried is the Cross of the Lord, by which we are signed, and delivered from the dangerous tempests of this world.--St. Augustine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

I started running a bulletin board in 1992 and even at that time I had subscriptions. At the time, simultaneous use was not available - people would pay for minutes allocated to them per day.
    This is my signature.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

If Brandan wants to drop the wait time to 2 hours that's up to him; I just gave an opinion not a law.
    I got four things to live by: don't say nothin' that will hurt anybody; don't give advice--no one will take it anyway; don't complain; don't explain. Walter Scott

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

I'll think about it more ... Angie and I talked about it. What incentive is there for people to subscribe if they get it for free? Of course there's the archives... But many people won't subscribe for that reason.

We could always go to a donation system where people pledge to pay the difference if a certain financial goal is not met. That would have to be something all subscribers would have to come to agreement on though in my opinion.
    This is my signature.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

My two cents worth... I personally think it is fine the way it has been. I remember when you had to wait four hours to see the content, it wasn't that bad... Plus the main thing which I believe in is this site costs a lot to keep up. And it is a tool for believers, to be able to interact and read about God.. thats something I dont mind giving to financially. And trust me I dont have much money at all. But its something I believe in and respect Brandan for running. I'm sure it takes alot of work and time. Anyways I think it should stay the same and if people want the extra benefits they should help out.. thats not asking too much at all.

Mary
    A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold. - Wisdom

Just Grace

Not sure how having to wait for hours will stop nonsense being posted. On busy threads waiting to reply can turn out that what you post might not be relevant and waste of the persons time.

I think you should be able to post straight away, especially if your the author of a thread.

Seems odd to me, but if that is the way it is then thats it.

Just Grace

Gonna have to quote some James here... prolly get me another 5 points.

'with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change'

David

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Just Grace View Post
    This is stupid David, don't stir up a hornets nest for no good reason.

I have no issue with you thinking the book of james should be part of the canon. However I think you should read this first: http://www.predestinarian.net/showth...ighlight=James

and then answer the questions how is the canon determined and how should the canon be determined.

If those can't be answered then please refrain from posting on james.
    Isaiah 45:7, (KJV), I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Just Grace View Post

'with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change'

David
    David, as far as I'm concerned you can quote from any source you would like to. Even the Aprocryphal books. As long as the statement IS TRUE.

I think you really don't understand our real disagreement with James.

It is- THE DOCTRINE OF JUSTIFICATION!!

The discussion on James is closed! However you are at liberty to read all the pertenent material on this sight.

Nicholas
    My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand..........John 10:27,28

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lionovjudah View Post
    Make it 2 hours. 4 hours is too long.

Bob stated: I'm sure that non-subscribers love this change, however, consider the down side to it. This means that anyone who is registered has the ability to post any stupid nonsense immediately.

This is like saying if you legalize marijuana, more people will smoke. Completely untrue. Delete the nonsense if you see it..

Ad hoc...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly_Gaunt_Cow View Post
    Ad hoc...
    Scott: what would compel you to post 2 words that I have no idea what they mean days after my post? Things slow in Canada?
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Brandon, there more I think about it, 4 hours is just too long. You have enough subscribers that do not ever post anyway to cover my part and the cost to host the site. Make it 2 at the longest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lionovjudah View Post
    Brandon, there more I think about it, 4 hours is just too long. You have enough subscribers that do not ever post anyway to cover my part and the cost to host the site. Make it 2 at the longest.
    Why won't you subscribe?
    This is my signature.

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast