Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast

Thread: A Book I Heartily Recommend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: A Book I Heartily Recommend

Quote Originally Posted by Whammer View Post
    Whoa, now this is where the craftiness of this doctrine comes in of "the eternal children".......and becomes "double-speak" Darryl. I have been taking a slow road on this subject point by point starting with Jesus' own humanity, and as most know inneracting on your blog and mine, and this comes down to your definition of what spiritual humanity in fact is......you use certain scripture to make it sound like what we are saying, when in fact you do believe in a more tangible "double humanity".......the problem is, is that you appear to be blind to this contradiction...... the basic problem you have with Jesus having his "spiritual humanity" in heaven at the time of His incarnation into his "adamic humanity"...a problem that comes about in your words in my brief discussion of this passage of scripture in Luke 24:34-43 .. is the same problem you have with "those who are in Christ".....there is a seperation in human nature that is in fact just like the gnostics, a far more ancient doctrine than that of mormonism, which has found its way into certain baptist circles and gained some credibility amongst people like yourself........Darryl, you have been duped and it is not a pleasant thing, but on your blog you have posted this stuff as "Spirit-inspired" doctrine and enlightenment..........you need to take some steps backward (re-trace your steps)....because this is bad doctrine

I still dont have the book ordered, but still can hardly wait for it!
    whammer you sound absolutely foolish..

Christ Jesus was a spiritual Man before the incarnation Just like he was after..Both times He had a spiritual Body..His post resurrection body was not from mary dude..Neither was His pre incarnate body..

The elect body at the return of christ will not be the bodies we first came in by nature they will be changed and fashioned like unto his glorious body..

You have not proved absolutely nothing but your lack of understanding..

Neither you brandon this dr veil have proven anything that can refute that christ existed as a man before the incarnation.. He had a human soul and body..

To say that a man could not have a human soul before natural chilbirth would mean adam did not have a human soul ,for who was His mother ?
    There is no such thing as preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what...is called Calvinism...It is a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

charles spurgeon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Christ Jesus was a spiritual Man before the incarnation Just like he was after..Both times He had a spiritual Body..His post resurrection body was not from mary dude..Neither was His pre incarnate body..
    Here is a major issue we disagree on because I believe Jesus' post ressurection body did come from Mary, He was glorified and transformed into the 1st born of the new creation, this is exactly how he has "identification" with all of us in our human nature and weakness.......and since I dont believe sin is a "genentic transmission" there is no issue with Chist' own sinlessness (Jesus body was transformed, glorified, just in case my words are not clear enough)............I have a real human saviour that has "come in the flesh" as John says.......you have a different jesus it appears....one that perhaps, in his pre-human existence, shared a temporary body with the Word and then watched as the Word discarded that (adamic body) and re-transfered back into him in the post-resurrection/pre-existant body.......this creates real problems.
    Jn 14:23-24, (NASB)
    Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him. "He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, BUT The Father's Who sent Me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what is being said here is that the lesser adam could get his humanity from not being born of a women but the greater adam could not have recieved His humanity directly from within God..but had to be born of a women..hogwash..
    There is no such thing as preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what...is called Calvinism...It is a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

charles spurgeon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Darryl, I have some questions for you. Based on your understanding:

1. This spiritual body that you say Christ had before He was incarnated, where did that spiritual body go during the 33 year incarnation?

2. And after the 33 year incarnation, that glorified body Jesus had/has, is that the same spiritual body that He had before the incarnation?

3. And if it was the same spiritual body He had before the incarnation, why did that body need to be glorified?

4. And why couldn't the disciples touch His body before He ascended?

Greg
    Isaiah 45:7, (KJV), I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here is a major issue we disagree on because I believe Jesus' post ressurection body did come from Mary, He was glorified and transformed into the 1st born of the new creation, this is exactly how he has "identification" with all of us in our human nature and weakness.......
    No his coming from mary he identified and took on flesh and blood !

heb 2

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

His Identiication was with the blood and to shed His blood for his human brethern..who partook of flesh and blood..

Even eve recieved her flesh and blood humanity from adam the women comes from the man sir..

Also you have serious problems with understanding what it means for christ to be begotten of God..He was begotten before he was given in the incarnation..

so you either believe His Deity was begotten which is blasphemy or His humanity was begotten..

Jn 16:

27For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

Now either Jesus is saying He his humanity came out from God, or His deity ..which do you believe ? and it cant be both because that would automativally include His deity which is great whore teaching and blasphemy..

charles spurgeon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Jesus said in Jn 17 5

That His Father would return him back to the Glory he had before the world was jn 17

5And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

The disciples saw a glimpse of this glory Matt 17:

1And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
    2And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.

charles spurgeon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Darryl, please answer our specific questions. Thanks.
    This is my signature.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Gill View Post
    Darryl, please answer our specific questions. Thanks.
    I have answered them already you guys need to answer some questions.

did adam have a human soul without having a mother ?

3. And if it was the same spiritual body He had before the incarnation, why did that body need to be glorified?
    Jn 17 5

Jesus laid aside the glorified body he had before the incarnation to eclipse His glory..

heb 1:

2Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
    3Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

phil 2:

6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Now answer my question did adam have a human soul without having a mother ?

In Jn 16:

27For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

What does jesus mean he came out from God ?

You guys been believing the teaching of rome , so explain..I dont believe Jesus had to be born of a women to have a human soul, thats out right a slap at the Sovereignty of God..Not only that man did not have to be born of a women to have a body..

Yes Jesus had to be born of a women to become the lamb to shed His blood..

charles spurgeon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Of course, however, I can't see how the answer to this question has any bearing on the other one we are discussing. Everything about a living soul that we receive from our mother and father was infused into Adam's body that God shaped before He breathed the breath of life into it. So what the rest of us get in biological descent Adam received in direct creation.
    I got four things to live by: don't say nothin' that will hurt anybody; don't give advice--no one will take it anyway; don't complain; don't explain. Walter Scott

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

bob says

Of course, however, I can't see how the answer to this question has any bearing on the other one we are discussing.

It has a lot to do with it because Jesus the man had both a human soul and spiritual body before the incarnation in order to be The God Man Mediator..

Some have contened he could not have had manhood without being born of mary. Thats not true..Jesus the Man derived His Manhood first out of God The Father. He said so..

Jn 16:

So what the rest of us get in biological descent Adam received in direct creation.
    The second adam was begotten Directly out of God the first adam was created directly out of dust..

You are basically believing another form of traduism..You are saying that men derive their biological humaneness from biological workings of the man and women..when I am inclined to believe that the actual human spirit of a person is a direct creation of God..even before it enters into the shell of flesh and blood..

Jer 1:

5Before I formed thee in the belly[ before conception] I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

ps 139:

16Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

The human spirit of a person is actual in Gods view before even concieved..All provoidential dealings work toward Gods decree of what and who you are..The human biological aspect is just to bring into manifestation who you are..The biological process manifested your humaness in the flesh and the second birth manifest it as children of God..

charles spurgeon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rlhuckle View Post
    Thanks Bob and Greg,
    I'm getting it from Amazon as I write (I hate dial-up).
    Here's a new one Roger:

http://www.skywayusa.com/
    Isaiah 45:7, (KJV), I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Yeehaw got mine in the mail today.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I have mine ordered from Amazon but I won't get it until Early March since I am currently living in India. Oh well.....I look forward to reading it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Highlyfavored View Post
    Here's a new one Roger:

http://www.skywayusa.com/
    Thanks Greg.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Highlyfavored View Post
    Yeehaw got mine in the mail today.
    Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him. "He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, BUT The Father's Who sent Me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

UPS just left my house, I now have my copy of the book, and will start in the area of pages 115-116

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got mine today by snail mail...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not funny people...............I don't have mine yet!! Don't get too far ahead!
    "To those who have no works-phobia, I will state that you are not trembling before the gospel" Robert R. Higby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got my book, and it is a hard read to follow at times, but well worth it thus far, maybe we should start laying out some favorite or meaningful states of Ed to chew on together. I'm only at page 103

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have just received my book today. Just glancing over a bit before reading it thoroughly, I like his style of writing. Very honest and straighforward. I respect that!.

Being that I reject most of the Augustinian nonsence, I will be in good company with Vrell. Jr.

When completing a chapter, I will post my comments if neccessary.

For the cause of truth in Christ,
    Nicholas
    My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand..........John 10:27,28

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast