Pristine Grace

Thread: Time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Time

In a recent blog Darryl made this statement:
    I agree with you except for this adam was created in time Jesus the man was begotten before time began , so technically from a standpoint of knowing time , Jesus begotteness proceeded it and so time is no factor His begotteness was eternal..
    The above statement is illogical to me. I think that Darryl's understanding of time is misconstrued. This is not to pick on Darryl, this is a common theme I have found within many of the threads here and with people I have had discussions with.

1. How can something exist prior to time?
    2. If there isn't "time" how could any duration be measured?
    3. Before time (there is an oxymoron for you) there could be no such thing as a duration.
    4. How can something precede time?
    5. Therefore, how could Jesus the man be begotten before time began?
    6. What is eternity and what is time in relation to it?
    Isaiah 45:7, (KJV), I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Time

Quote Originally Posted by Highlyfavored View Post
    In a recent blog Darryl made this statement:
    The above statement is illogical to me. I think that Darryl's understanding of time is misconstrued. This is not to pick on Darryl, this is a common theme I have found within many of the threads here and with people I have had discussions with.

1. How can something exist prior to time?
    2. If there isn't "time" how could any duration be measured?
    3. Before time (there is an oxymoron for you) there could be no such thing as a duration.
    4. How can something precede time?
    5. Therefore, how could Jesus the man be begotten before time began?
    6. What is eternity and what is time in relation to it?
    Maybe you dont understand what I meant. The fact that I believe that the spiritual humanity of christ was begotten before creation and hypostatically Joined the Eternal Word[ before creation] Who was never begotten in any shape or form , this is to say that God accomplisehed an action and brought forth a being not bound by the limitations of time..so in fact that being is said to exsist from everlasting..

micah 5:

2But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting. cp

prov 8:

22The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

23I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. 24When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.

however this is a truth that only the elect will be brought to understand..
    There is no such thing as preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what...is called Calvinism...It is a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

charles spurgeon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

You can't separate time from space; both are created. A human body (spiritual or otherwise) exists only in time and space, therefore, it can't be eternal in the same sense that God is eternally existent transcendent of all time and space.
    I got four things to live by: don't say nothin' that will hurt anybody; don't give advice--no one will take it anyway; don't complain; don't explain. Walter Scott

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am sorry bob This speaks of a action being done before time began as we Know it..That means to me it cant be defined by time regardless of your objection. This is revealation..Not a philosophy class..

proveb 8:

22The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
    23I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

so you will either bow to revealation or not its as simple as that.

The Lords spiritual Body was not created from a substance of time like dust , but begotten from endless life..
    There is no such thing as preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what...is called Calvinism...It is a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

charles spurgeon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

The Lords spiritual Body was not created from a substance of time like dust , but begotten from endless life..

OF COURSE God does not create anything FROM time, that is ridiculous. Time and space, however, are created as well as any entity that exists only within time and space.

In proposing that Christ's spiritual 'human' body is transcendent of all time and space, you are stating that it is not material. I hope you understand the implications of what you believe!
    I got four things to live by: don't say nothin' that will hurt anybody; don't give advice--no one will take it anyway; don't complain; don't explain. Walter Scott