There is no question that the New Testament commands us to extend unconditional love and grace toward the 'least of these my brethren', the elect, those who are regarded as the 'least' worthy of such love and grace in man's order of things. In contrast, most churches teach that such love and grace should be indiscriminatory--that it must be extended to all physical humans no matter what. This is used as a cover up to extend nothing but hatred and contempt toward those whose doctrine they despise the most--one of those entities being the so-called 'hyper-Calvinists.'

Exercising Christ's command is very difficult and painful when another elect believer has offended or cheated us--I fully acknowledge that point. But I will not acknowledge the point that we are to show the same LEVEL of love and grace to those who OUTWARDLY manifest themselves as non-elect (based on their profession and life). THAT is where evangelical Fullerism is most off-base in its assertions. Note that I said OUTWARDLY--the fact that someone currenly acts and thinks like a non-elect person by all appearance DOES NOT MEAN that such a person is non-elect in God's eternal purpose! It only means that until God regenerates such a person, we cannot regard such a person as elect and treat such a person in the same manner as Christ's regenerate believers.

The standard for what is truth should NEVER be what causes me to FEEL more love and grace toward bretheren who utter the name of Jesus. Nor should it be what causes me to FEEL more power to overcome 'sin.' The standard is God's revelation PERIOD. We have to be willing to stand alone; the old expression 'no man is an island' is the biggest lie the devil ever told. The loneliness of standing for God's truth in isolation is something that prophets and apostles had to experience for centuries; we cannot expect less than the suffering that they had to endure.

In today's world, experiencing love and grace in community usually means AGREEING WITH and COMPLIMENTING those who deny the truth on critical gospel issues. I know that by all my years of experience in evangelical churches. But NOW and IN THE FUTURE, that is something I will NEVER do again!

If there is any 'Methodist' set of points I can agree with, it is those of the Detroit potato chip maker Uncle Ray:

I will:
1. Not be afraid to speak the truth.
2. Keep a clear conscience.
3. Support others when they are right.
4. Be willing to stand alone.
5. Speak with humility.