Pristine Grace
Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Ecclesiology

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ecclesiology

How are the saints to assemble, organize and operate? (big topic, I know)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Re: Ecclesiology

Quote Originally Posted by ~JM~ View Post
    With other Gospel believers - any way they can. The Gospel is to be discussed.
    This is my signature.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1.) Assemble: Gospel Believers (as Brandon put it) 'assemble' in the name of Christ to worship God for who He is and for the grace He has shown us in Christ.

What takes place during any given meeting should be up to those who are assembling. I personally prefer discussion, prayer and a hymn or two that relates to what we are discussing. I would love to take the Lords Supper (not a shot of Merlot and a Triscuit) with someone who actually has a supper.

2.) Organize: Have a means of contacting everyone who wants to meet (phone numbers, email).

3.) Operate: Meet when it's convenient.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would love to take the Lords Supper (not a shot of Merlot and a Triscuit) with someone who actually has a supper.
    Yummy! You think just like me! Too bad we cannot do that if meet over the Internet...
    Seriously, I really think that the memorial service should be a celebration as I think you put it. Provided that all rules of discipline would be observed, so we would not repeat the problems in the assembly at Corinth, I would go for a big supper.

Milt
    Grace Ambassador
    A pitiful servant of God; a pitbull guardian of the message of Grace

My pledge to other members:
    A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. Prov 15:1
    A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver - Prov. 25:11

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think that 'churchianity' has made this a big topic, not the Scriptures.

Acts 2:42 "And they continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayer"

We are exhorted to assemble, we are to ALL participate in discussing the apostles' doctrine (the Gospel), we fellowship in Truth, we pray and we break bread together. Which can mean, at least to me, that we actually eat a meal together and/or we break the bread of Christ's body together. It is wonderful to do both!

The Scripture tells us how we are to operate and that is in loving one another, and to organize is to recognize the gifts among those assembling. Seems so simple doesn't it?

How do you think the saints are to assemble?

Eileen~
    "To those who have no works-phobia, I will state that you are not trembling before the gospel" Robert R. Higby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What's the difference between churchianity and predestin-anity?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Churchianity is tradition, predestin-anity is truth as taught by the scriptures. Will you answer my question now? How do you think the saints are to assemble?

Eileen~
    "To those who have no works-phobia, I will state that you are not trembling before the gospel" Robert R. Higby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    How do you think the saints are to assemble?
    Sorry Eileen, I thought the question was rhetorical. To answer your question, together.

I've had the pleasure of assembling with believers for the last 6, ohh, maybe 7 years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Continue to read all pertinent threads, articles, and discussions. I think soon enough (God willing) you will answer your own question.

In Christ,
    Nicholas
    My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand..........John 10:27,28

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

When we use the term 'churchianity' we refer to the collective mass of all religious institutions commonly called 'churches' in contrast to the NT meaning of EKKLESIA. The religious world including most Protestant denominations confuses 'church' and EKKLESIA as if they are one and the same.

The New Testament assembly is a gathering of two or more in Christ's name focused on the true apostolic gospel in all its aspects (including the truths of sovereign predestination) and all teaching, confession, fellowship (table included), and worship associated with that. No church organization is required to make it happen. In almost all cases, church organizations distort the gospel with a myriad of legal/doctrinal additions ('pluses') and subtractions (downgrading what the apostles considered paramount). When this is done all that is left is gospel language stripped away from the gospel itself and used to vindicate erroneous sectarian systems.
    I got four things to live by: don't say nothin' that will hurt anybody; don't give advice--no one will take it anyway; don't complain; don't explain. Walter Scott

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Could predestin-anity become, in a way, another form of "erroneous sectarian systems?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Could predestin-anity become, in a way, another form of "erroneous sectarian systems?"
    If predestin-anity excluded the Sovereignty of God in relation to ALL things, then I would concur it was an "erroneous sectarian system". However if the Sovereignty of God is taught throughout predest-anity, how could it then be erroneous?

Nicholas
    My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand..........John 10:27,28

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert higby
    The New Testament assembly is a gathering of two or more in Christ's name focused on the true apostolic gospel in all its aspects (including the truths of sovereign predestination) and all teaching, confession, fellowship (table included), and worship associated with that. No church organization is required to make it happen. In almost all cases, church organizations distort the gospel with a myriad of legal/doctrinal additions ('pluses') and subtractions (downgrading what the apostles considered paramount). When this is done all that is left is gospel language stripped away from the gospel itself and used to vindicate erroneous sectarian systems.
    Ah finally a definition. I guess I'm not part of churchianity according to your definition after all. So if anyone would like to go to some assemblies that do not fall under the banner of churchianity I could provide a list.
    For whatever strength of arm he may have who swims in the open sea, yet in time he is carried away and sunk, mastered by the greatness of its waves. Need then there is that we be in the ship, that is, that we be carried in the wood, that we may be able to cross this sea. Now this Wood in which our weakness is carried is the Cross of the Lord, by which we are signed, and delivered from the dangerous tempests of this world.--St. Augustine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wildboar View Post
    Ah finally a definition. I guess I'm not part of churchianity according to your definition after all. So if anyone would like to go to some assemblies that do not fall under the banner of churchianity I could provide a list.
    CHuck, you again forgot to read the fine print in Bobs answer..
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
    GALATIANS 5:22

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

How could something that is true become erroneous?
    This is my signature.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

To answer your question JM, there are many teachers and assemblies who subscribe to predestination that are false.

1. Conditional-time salvation proponents in the baptistic, reformed, Lutheran, or other protestant traditions that profess belief in the sovereign predestination of all things.

2. Those who confess predestination but water it down with so many 'pluses' and church traditions that the priority of the gospel is lost.

3. Those who do not judge ALL things (doctrine and life) by the apostolic gospel.

The gospel is not predestination only; Sunni Muslims believe in the predestination of all things!
    I got four things to live by: don't say nothin' that will hurt anybody; don't give advice--no one will take it anyway; don't complain; don't explain. Walter Scott

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was driving by a local CRC church today and the sign in front said that the sermon was going to be on "Churchianity Vs. Christianity." So they share your concerns.
    For whatever strength of arm he may have who swims in the open sea, yet in time he is carried away and sunk, mastered by the greatness of its waves. Need then there is that we be in the ship, that is, that we be carried in the wood, that we may be able to cross this sea. Now this Wood in which our weakness is carried is the Cross of the Lord, by which we are signed, and delivered from the dangerous tempests of this world.--St. Augustine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wildboar View Post
    I was driving by a local CRC church today and the sign in front said that the sermon was going to be on "Churchianity Vs. Christianity." So they share your concerns.
    Did brandan et all at p-net get royalties from using those words?
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
    GALATIANS 5:22

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Gill View Post
    How could something that is true become erroneous?
    Not the ideal but the term.

Some might believe they are apart of predestin-anity, they might believe they have the truth when they are in fact just another form of non-traditional churchianity...or unchurchianity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not the ideal but the term.

Some might believe they are apart of predestin-anity, they might believe they have the truth when they are in fact just another form of non-traditional churchianity...or unchurchianity.
    So what is your point? Are you implying that predestinarianism is just another sect? Ok fine...so what's the point? Why don't you try offering something of value to the forum by engaging in dialogue.

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast