Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Prayer Request...

Brethren,

I recently received news of a close friend of mine who is awaiting trial for second degree murder. I plan on going to see him later this month. I would like to ask of you your supplication to the Lord to grant me the grace to exercise the wisdom needed to be a faithful witness to the Gospel.

Here's a link to what happened;

http://www.mississauga.com/news/arti...-found-in-fire

I've spoken to the family, and knowing this person for many years it sounds like a case of self defense followed by a bout of panic.

Things are a mess for him. Terrible lawyers, being held in light of a lack of evidence etc. Needless to say he needs prayer as well.

In Christ,

Scott.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Prayer Request...

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly_Gaunt_Cow View Post
    Brethren,

I recently received news of a close friend of mine who is awaiting trial for second degree murder. I plan on going to see him later this month. I would like to ask of you your supplication to the Lord to grant me the grace to exercise the wisdom needed to be a faithful witness to the Gospel.

Here's a link to what happened;

http://www.mississauga.com/news/arti...-found-in-fire

I've spoken to the family, and knowing this person for many years it sounds like a case of self defense followed by a bout of panic.

Things are a mess for him. Terrible lawyers, being held in light of a lack of evidence etc. Needless to say he needs prayer as well.

In Christ,

Scott.
    Dear brother,
    May the Lord grant you great grace in this matter, Seek His heavenly wisdom and lean not on thine own understanding, nor on the false wisdom of the worldly.

in Christ,
    tz
    proorismenos.

"Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
    To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved."

Ephesians 1:5-6.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

You got it Scott.
    Isaiah 45:7, (KJV), I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

no prob Scott
    Col 2:9, (NASB), For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I will certainly pray for both you and your friend. My only advice, and you can take it or leave it, from dealing with people who have committed very great outward sins (we have all created very great sins some of them just aren't as visible) is not to make any excuses for his sin when you talk to him. Regardless of whatever other circumstances there may have been he committed a horrible act of murder. But Christ has paid for this horrible sin that he has committed. I just know a lot of "Christians" who make excuses for sins that they commit or make excuses for the sins of others. They are constantly told that there was some good reason for what they did and spend their lives pretending that what they did was okay all the while being burdened down by guilt. If you call it what it is, it's not easy but it is easier to deal with and to rest in work of Christ regardless of what temporal punishment he might have to endure. I truly feel sorry for movie stars and other people who constantly have people making excuses for them and "protecting" them from having to suffer for their actions--they never find repentance and they never find peace.
    For whatever strength of arm he may have who swims in the open sea, yet in time he is carried away and sunk, mastered by the greatness of its waves. Need then there is that we be in the ship, that is, that we be carried in the wood, that we may be able to cross this sea. Now this Wood in which our weakness is carried is the Cross of the Lord, by which we are signed, and delivered from the dangerous tempests of this world.--St. Augustine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Will do...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Yes, I will pray for you and your friend. God bless you Scott!

Kevin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Scott,

My prayers are with you and your friend. Whatever is the truth of this whole matter, Christ is in control and has an eternal purpose that will most definitley be fullfilled.

For your friend if elect? God will use whatever means to bring your friend to repentance and faith in Christ and the gospel. If not elect;.... God will use whatever means to punish and further harden him.

Either way God receives glory in all this.

Nicholas
    My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand..........John 10:27,28

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nicholas View Post
    Scott,

My prayers are with you and your friend. Whatever is the truth of this whole matter, Christ is in control and has an eternal purpose that will most definitley be fullfilled.

For your friend if elect? God will use whatever means to bring your friend to repentance and faith in Christ and the gospel. If not elect;.... God will use whatever means to punish and further harden him.

Either way God receives glory in all this.

Nicholas
    This is what I need to focus on. As much as I desire to help him justice in all areas needs to be met. I've been praying for the Lord's mercy, not only on my friend but on myself as well.

Thanks guys.

In Christ,

Scott.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Just wanted you to know Scott that Im praying for your friend. I pray that Gods Will be done (which it will be), and even if he is found guilty whether it was self defense or not, God knows. And Paul was imprisoned for a reason, maybe through this event God is reaching out to your friend to show Him Truth and Grace. Using him to reach out to others... and if he not converted to the Truth yet maybe the Lord is doing that. But also as Nicholas said Gods plan is being done whether thats to harden or to bring to light this mans sins and need of the Lord. Complete need of the Lord in all things.

I also know our justice system is good is setup in a way that puts criminals behind bars but also sometimes it puts people there who are innocent. I hope that your friend did it out of defense, as plain murder I think would be a hard thing to handle.. But Christ was friends with murderers, thieves, etc.. and Paul was once a murderer wasnt he? So we all know that God can change a heart around no matter what their past sins are. I hope and pray the Lord opens peoples eyes to His ways and Truths through this. ANd in all things we know that God is using this event for His glory and the good of His people. I hope and pray it turns out okay in the end...
    A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold. - Wisdom