Pristine Grace

Thread: P-Net Sunday Conferences

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

P-Net Sunday Conferences

This will be a thread to discuss issues related to the P-Net Sunday night conferences.

TIME--The conference time is presently 8 P.M. Central. Should this maintained or is there a compelling reason to change it?

FREQUENCY--Should the conferences occur more or less frequent than presently (twice weekly or every other week)?

FORMAT--Any suggestions to improve the conference format are appreciated and will be considered by the facilitators.

A new conference is planned Sunday night 9/27 and an announcement will be forthcoming.

Thanks,

--Bob
    I got four things to live by: don't say nothin' that will hurt anybody; don't give advice--no one will take it anyway; don't complain; don't explain. Walter Scott

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: P-Net Sunday Conferences

Quote Originally Posted by Robert R. Higby View Post
    This will be a thread to discuss issues related to the P-Net Sunday night conferences.

TIME--The conference time is presently 8 P.M. Central. Should this maintained or is there a compelling reason to change it?

FREQUENCY--Should the conferences occur more or less frequent than presently (twice weekly or every other week)?

FORMAT--Any suggestions to improve the conference format are appreciated and will be considered by the facilitators.

A new conference is planned Sunday night 9/27 and an announcement will be forthcoming.

Thanks,

--Bob

Well, I will venture forth a few of my own thoughts and hope that others will do the same as I would like to see the conferences grow and not be set aside. It would be good to have a discussion of the ideas and thoughts of those here who also donít want to see the conferences set aside.

Because we are all in different time zones the time of the conference will work for some where it wonít work for others and I think that is one of our hardships in gathering for them. I wonder if others would respond as to IF an earlier time in the day might work better, especially on Sunday. I liked an earlier time so that the evening would be free

I wonder if a conference mid-week would be doable, usually everyone is home because of a work week and the weekends seem to be busier with comings and goings. That certainly may not be acceptable to anyone and if not I donít have a problem with that. Maybe that way a person could at least catch one of them but that would make quite a bit of work for the presenters. But we run into a time crunch there too so just thinking aloud.

I wish that we were all comfortable with sharing and asking questions more but I know personally it is a hardship for me and I think it must be the same for others or there would be more interaction. I donít think it is because we donít appreciate what we hear so I donít know how the format could be changed to accomplish interaction. I think we need to be comfortable with each other and itís hard on a forum to do that. We are so used to writing our thoughts that to speak them is a bit daunting. So if anyone has any good ideas please share them. I have to really put forth a try effort to click on the talk button and I often have questions or comments but I chicken out! So there is my confession!

Eileen~
    "To those who have no works-phobia, I will state that you are not trembling before the gospel" Robert R. Higby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm a chicken, too!

Week nights don't work for Greg because he doesn't get home from work until after 9 or 9:30 - except on some Fridays.

Would Saturday evening be an option? Or what about Sunday morning - are most people attending another kind of gathering then?

I am surprised more people don't take advantage of the time for teaching and fellowship - please, if there are others who would like to attend but are unable to because of the timing or whatever, let us know!

Pam

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Time:

As far as the time is concerned 9 pm Eastern for me is a bit late. However from the previous discussion some while back, most agreed 8 pm central was best for them. I conceded to that being the Lord's will. But still even at 8 pm central, not many are attending. ?? But even that is the Lord's will. I'm fine about it.

More were attending at 7 pm central (a time most said was not good) THAN 8 pm central (a time most said was better). ??
    Frequency:

No preference

Format:

The conference MUST start at the time scheduled. No waiting around for 10 to 15 minutes to see who may show up.

In fact, I think it would be better to ask for a commitment from those who want to participate/attend. This commitment must be posted on an attendence list no later than Thursday evening.

For example, by Thursday evening if only two people are committed to attend, then the conference will be cancelled. In this way Robert, Myself, or others who want to be a guest speaker can make other plans for Sunday evening. This is fair to the guest speaker.

It does take time to prepare, study and type material for the conference only to find out at the last minute that 1 or 2 may happen to pop in.

I'm holding my view to an attendence list. No matter what the time, or frequency of the event may be.

Nicholas
    My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand..........John 10:27,28

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm available at 1:00 am Anyone else?
    Seriously though...good points Eileen. Brandan and I usually don't get home from the river until late Sunday evening, and have been very busy.
    I would like to attend a bit more this fall/winter when our camping season is over. I was just thinking of something today that may apply to this thread.
    Just as for most of you, I don't have anywhere to really fellowship, other than with my husband. I am very interested in a slow paced study of any book in the bible. I am wondering if anyone would be open, or interested in adding a weekly or monthly discussion on a particular scripture along with prayer and chat. Not a sermon and not a debate...For example: Read and discuss Matt. 1, have prayer, and open chat time for any that wish...Something short, less formal, and more interactive than a teaching. I don't know if anyone would be interested in this sort of thing, but I definatly could benefit from something of this nature this fall or winter. Something like a "virtual bible study."
    Let me know if this is something anyone would be interested in adding, and if so, and no one else volunteers, I can get it going sometime in the coming weeks.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know the forum could be used to accomplish a bible study, but I prefer a set aside time and some live interaction

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am a bit stretched for time. If you could schedule the conferences for Sunday mornings I would be able to participate more often ... I am very interested in what Eileen the others have shared. I miss any fellowship and interaction with other Christians because I live in such a rural area of our great country. 8 PM Central time is hitting consistantly at my Sunday meal time. Hubby must be fed. I also usually have some company that shows up for the Sunday meal. (Time Zones are truly an issue).

I like Angela's suggestion on a more informal discussion as well.

Thanks for all the hard work you all do on this forum. I have enjoyed reading through the discussions.
    It is what it is

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Gill View Post
    I'm available at 1:00 am Anyone else?
    Seriously though...good points Eileen. Brandan and I usually don't get home from the river until late Sunday evening, and have been very busy.
    I would like to attend a bit more this fall/winter when our camping season is over. I was just thinking of something today that may apply to this thread.
    Just as for most of you, I don't have anywhere to really fellowship, other than with my husband. I am very interested in a slow paced study of any book in the bible. I am wondering if anyone would be open, or interested in adding a weekly or monthly discussion on a particular scripture along with prayer and chat. Not a sermon and not a debate...For example: Read and discuss Matt. 1, have prayer, and open chat time for any that wish...Something short, less formal, and more interactive than a teaching. I don't know if anyone would be interested in this sort of thing, but I definatly could benefit from something of this nature this fall or winter. Something like a "virtual bible study."
    Let me know if this is something anyone would be interested in adding, and if so, and no one else volunteers, I can get it going sometime in the coming weeks.....
    Sounds like a good idea Angie. We will never know unless we try and I would be willing to give it a go. Monthly or semi-monthly would probably work best but if you are willing to get it going I am willing to participate. We have such an awesome place here (thanks to the Lord and your talented hubby)!

Eileen~
    "To those who have no works-phobia, I will state that you are not trembling before the gospel" Robert R. Higby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

My suggestion is to go back to 7 PM Central for tomorrow night at least, since the attendance was a bit better at that time. I am going to suggest starting to have the {traditional} conference every other week after that but probably at that same time.

For Sunday morning or other meetings I am going to suggest that someone who wants to lead them do the announcing. For now I cannot commit to these but may be available at some point down the road.

Thanks, --Robert
    I got four things to live by: don't say nothin' that will hurt anybody; don't give advice--no one will take it anyway; don't complain; don't explain. Walter Scott

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I am going to suggest starting to have the {traditional} conference every other week after that but probably at that same time.
    I think every other is a great idea.
    Isaiah 45:7, (KJV), I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My suggestion is to go back to 7 PM Central for tomorrow night at least, since the attendance was a bit better at that time. I am going to suggest starting to have the {traditional} conference every other week after that but probably at that same time.

Thanks, --Robert
    Count me in on this also.
    Col 2:9, (NASB), For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

There will actually be no conference tonight. I apologize for the misunderstanding and miscommunication.

Thanks, --Robert

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think that Sunday-late morning/early afternoon's would be good.