Pristine Grace

Thread: The Emergent Church

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

The Emergent Church

I have been reading through the latest release of the Trinity Review. This is utterly fascinating, the author, Paul M. Elliott, is discussing the emergent church movement and how it denies the 5 solas.

What I found so interesting is that this movement is accepting of everyone regardless of what the they believe. IMO it is churchianity's attempt to bring the Federal Vision to the secular world.

Here is the article: http://www.trinityfoundation.org/PDF...rch_Review.pdf
    Isaiah 45:7, (KJV), I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: The Emergent Church

Greg... A very good article by TF. Brian Mclaren is just another false cult teacher in bed with the Papacy to bring a world syncretistic union of all religions. No rights no wrongs. He is disgusting to say the least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SOUfsX2fbk
    My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand..........John 10:27,28

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

I wish that Paul Elliott had a notion of the true EKKLESIA based on unity in the apostolic gospel that transcends a mere reformation of Presbyterianism! But God may indeed bypass this generation and many more on that level of reasoning from the Word.
    I got four things to live by: don't say nothin' that will hurt anybody; don't give advice--no one will take it anyway; don't complain; don't explain. Walter Scott

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robert R. Higby View Post
    I wish that Paul Elliott had a notion of the true EKKLESIA based on unity in the apostolic gospel that transcends a mere reformation of Presbyterianism! But God may indeed bypass this generation and many more on that level of reasoning from the Word.
    It wouldn't surprise me either for some of these folks like Elliot and others, to have their eyes opened and to find that their hapless clinging to Presbyterianism has been idolatry and rebellion from which they must repent.

Either way, this generation or some other, praise God for his preordained path!
    Isaiah 45:7, (KJV), I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

I EARNESTLY hope that you are right Greg!
    I got four things to live by: don't say nothin' that will hurt anybody; don't give advice--no one will take it anyway; don't complain; don't explain. Walter Scott