Pristine Grace

Thread: Care to respond to this critique?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Care to respond to this critique?

This is my signature.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Re: Care to respond to this critique?

I've addressed this subject here: http://www.predestinarian.net/conten...he-Eternal-God

Basically it doesn't look like he really understands the concept of eternity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I’ve been told many times that to put too much emphasis on predestination or election leads to error. I’ve never accepted that as a legitimate rebuke because the bible teaches time and time again predestination and election by the Sovereignty of God. The time/eternal issues will always bring out those who don’t think that we can understand God’s in an eternal sense. Daniel uses a lot of technical language but the Scripture doesn’t use that kind of language so I’m never impressed by it.

Ephesians 2:3 “Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were BY NATURE the children of wrath, even as other”

Daniel reads that verse differently than I do. Our nature was no different than the others as we fulfilled the lusts of our flesh and of our minds and that is why those two words are there.…………. But Daniel neglects the next verse which says BUT GOD which explains the true difference between the elect and the reprobate. Who made us to differ BUT GOD 1 Cor 4:7 and He did that in from timeless eternity not solely in time.

He misrepresents eternal justification believers when he says that we deny we are deserving of His wrath; that is the whole point of Eph 2:3. We walked like them, we talked like them and we deserve exactly what the others do BUT GOD.

He believes that faith is prior to justification and so he leaves out the finished work of Christ on the cross who was raised BECAUSE of our justification. If we hadn’t been justified Christ wouldn’t have been raised from the dead.

He misrepresents anyone who believes in eternal justification when he says that we deny that God’s decrees are executed in time. We deny no such thing we simply know that is from our perspective because we are time creatures, God is not.

“Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began”. 2 Ti 1:9

BY NATURE I am like the others but only because of His grace before the world began was I created and fashioned a vessel of mercy, nonetheless a creature. He endures the vessels of wrath with much patience so that He can make known the riches of His glory. I am an object of His mercy, not His wrath and His riches can be seen in our redemption by His Son, in our regeneration and in our eternal salvation and all for His Glory!

There will always be those who use derogatory labels such crypto-hyper, etc; it’s just part of the journey. And I agree with Jimmy, he doesn't understand the eternal issues at all.

Eileen~
    "To those who have no works-phobia, I will state that you are not trembling before the gospel" Robert R. Higby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

When he says "eternity past" and the way he speaks of God in eternity yet he keeps using time words to describe the eternal shows that he doesn't even understand the concept. Also, he like others, uses the "Hype-Calvinist" tag not understanding it's a pejorative and that there is no such creature.
    Isaiah 45:7, (KJV), I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Everything in his assumptions depends on a false exegesis of Eph. 2:1-3. He builds the whole heresy of common wrath upon it. He has no other corroborating scriptures. Enough said.
    I got four things to live by: don't say nothin' that will hurt anybody; don't give advice--no one will take it anyway; don't complain; don't explain. Walter Scott

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After reading his critique, I found most interesting the below statement in which I feel totes the typical low grace view of Justification.

"The second error made by Kraft follows from the first and in fact may be the rationale for embracing the first error. The doctrine of eternal justification is a most pernicious error in making justification prior to faith, contradicting the vital doctrine so explicitly taught especially in the book of Romans - that justification is by faith."

His view that Justification prior to faith is in error fully exposes the influence that "Papal Trent"
    has had on protestant reformed theology.

The counter-reformation and it’s seminary agents have destroyed the Pauline and scriptural view of Justification.

Others and myself have written extensively on this subject. For God to declare ( the verdict) the elect soul as righteous after regeneration and faith in the Gospel has been manifested, this would place the ground or basis of God’s verdict not on the imputed merits of Christ alone, but rather a shifting to the infused merits of Christ making one regenerate. This is the essence of Trent no matter how you cut it.

Also in my opinion, the writer totally misrepresents our views due to lack of understanding.

While the writer claims to be "supra", his understanding of Justification and Eternal Justification is suspect.

Nicholas
    My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand..........John 10:27,28