Pristine Grace

Thread: What is God's Purpose for the Church?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

What is God's Purpose for the Church?

What do you believe is God's purpose for the Church?

To me its to love one another as Christ loves us.

I believe the Church is lacking the ability to "one another" with each other, there is so much more potential but most people get caught up in their own lives. If you go to a building for church people come and go without even asking to pray with another, to carry that person's burdens. In this day in age we ask how people are but never want the true answer. Too often our focus is what is right in front of us, instead of what is beyond. I know Ive struggled with this.

Mainly, how can we be the Church when we all live so far away? As the body of Christ we are to live the Christian life together, there are so many "one anothering" verses in the Bible. We are to teach each other, carry each others burdens, serve each other, pray for one another, etc. Why is it that some Christians have to walk with God alone? The Bible often had Gods people traveling to various places to teach Gods Word to the people, to visit the brethren away from home. I wonder if sometimes I get too caught up in my daily life to think about what my brethren are doing in the world and how I can be of service to them. I can think of one brethren right now alone in his walk, no internet.. nothing but God and His Bible, and recently the ability to read some articles on our faith. How many more are out there I wonder..
    Another question are we to serve the unbelievers or the believers in the Lord? Or both? The Bible is chalked FULL of serving and loving one another and yet it seems lacking, or maybe its just me. Maybe its time i start writing letters to brethren, getting in my car and traveling to encourage them and lift them up in the Lord. How can we be disciples? What is a disciple?

John 13:35 "By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

The Modern Day church is lacking in love, they love who they want.. they do not love the unlovely. They are selfish, not knowing anything about love. There are few of us left in this world I am certain of that, and my prayer is that we would love one another, not only in words but in deeds as well.

Romans 12:10 Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.
    Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.
    Hebrews 10:24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.
    Galatians 6:2 Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.
    A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold. - Wisdom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: What is God's Purpose for the Church?

God's purpose in the true ecclesia is the glorification of Himself.

If what you perceive to be true above is true, then it is occurring for the true ecclesia's benefit (Rom 8:28). Obviously, this would be something that God has purposed to help the ecclesia to grow in grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ.

If you believe these circumstances to be a particular "failing" on the part of the true ecclesia, then there must be a fault in understanding the meaning because the true ecclesia is exactly what it is meant to be at all points in time--God never fails His own and he has purposed the good works we all walk in. The ecclesia's ability to "one another" is a spiritual reality albeit not always a physical reality.

We must be careful not to adopt the world's definitions of terms and then try to impose them on the Scriptures. This is not an easy task at times because of the world's emphasis on the flesh and its desires and feelings.

Joh 16:32 Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me. 33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Php 4:11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Re: What is God's Purpose for the Church?

Quote Originally Posted by MCoving View Post
    What do you believe is God's purpose for the Church?
    ...If you go to a building for church people come and go without even asking to pray with another...
    "The Church" as it is referred to by people who attend there, by and large is an antichrist institution set up to deceive as a judgement against them and the the world for accepting that it is Christian. There are pockets of sovereign grace believers who attend services, places like these do not fit this mold though they skate dangerously close to the edge.

When we do gather, talk, share a meal, have a little bread, wine, monologue and dialogue, maybe sing, isn't that what the early believers did?

When the tares steer the ship, it always goes awry.
    Isaiah 45:7, (KJV), I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.