Pristine Grace

Thread: What Now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

What Now?

Hey All. So to be honest here Ive been struggling with my beliefs, I know they are true I cannot deny what I believe. However, I have these beliefs in a sovereign God one who sent His Son to die for His Children, whom he choose and called, who is in control over all things yet what do I do now?
    For a few years I came here, discussed various viewpoints, read my Bible and learned about theology. God opened my eyes and revealed to me His gospel truths. But I still feel lost... I still seem to want to say is this all their is? There's gotta be more to life than this.

I just feel like Im missing something.. and I cant figure out what it is. I went from this religion who did so much together, went to church twice a week. Prayed with others, discussed books of the Bible, worshiped together, etc. Now Im in a religion where I feel distant and alone.. that if I dont have a question about the core theological beliefs that there's nothing more to talk about.

I know thats not true.. there's so many things in the Bible from how we are to behave to how we serve God. But maybe I am mistaken, it seems we dont really do much? or least talk about how we serve God and others. I know there is more i need to know I just cant figure out what it is. I want to come on here and have rich conversations with my brothers in the Lord, but to be honest the site seems dry. But I have no church in my area, there are some but hours away.. this is my only connection to believers besides facebook.

Any thoughts on what I should study now? Is all their is to life is the knowledge of the Gospel once that is understood there's nothing to discuss? I mean just seems like the same discussions over and over on here. I hope Im making sense because its sometimes hard for me to put into writing what Ive been thinking.
    I guess its like this... if all this is true then why am I so alone and not out proclaiming Gods Word, or doing things that the disciples did? It seems like a lonely journey with God, and Im very relational. I miss relations with God's people that it almost makes my truths seem pointless and meaningless. Sorry if Im too open... or if Im the only one who asks these questions then its ok to just move on from this thread.
    A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold. - Wisdom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: What Now?

Quote Originally Posted by MCoving View Post
    Hey All. So to be honest here Ive been struggling with my beliefs, I know they are true I cannot deny what I believe. However, I have these beliefs in a sovereign God one who sent His Son to die for His Children, whom he choose and called, who is in control over all things yet what do I do now?
    For a few years I came here, discussed various viewpoints, read my Bible and learned about theology. God opened my eyes and revealed to me His gospel truths. But I still feel lost... I still seem to want to say is this all their is? There's gotta be more to life than this.

I just feel like Im missing something.. and I cant figure out what it is. I went from this religion who did so much together, went to church twice a week. Prayed with others, discussed books of the Bible, worshiped together, etc. Now Im in a religion where I feel distant and alone.. that if I dont have a question about the core theological beliefs that there's nothing more to talk about.

I know thats not true.. there's so many things in the Bible from how we are to behave to how we serve God. But maybe I am mistaken, it seems we dont really do much? or least talk about how we serve God and others. I know there is more i need to know I just cant figure out what it is. I want to come on here and have rich conversations with my brothers in the Lord, but to be honest the site seems dry. But I have no church in my area, there are some but hours away.. this is my only connection to believers besides facebook.

Any thoughts on what I should study now? Is all their is to life is the knowledge of the Gospel once that is understood there's nothing to discuss? I mean just seems like the same discussions over and over on here. I hope Im making sense because its sometimes hard for me to put into writing what Ive been thinking.
    I guess its like this... if all this is true then why am I so alone and not out proclaiming Gods Word, or doing things that the disciples did? It seems like a lonely journey with God, and Im very relational. I miss relations with God's people that it almost makes my truths seem pointless and meaningless. Sorry if Im too open... or if Im the only one who asks these questions then its ok to just move on from this thread.
    Mary,

I doubt seriously that you are the only one who has ever asked these types of questions Mary so don’t worry about that. The Christian journey is often hard and difficult but I don’t think we find anything different in the Scriptures do we? Think of the saints in the OT and what they endured because of their faith. Read Hebrews 11 and be reminded of their running the race with endurance. I think of the Apostle Paul and the trials and persecutions he endured and often he endured alone, well as far as anyone by his side, for we are never truly alone.

I understand the delight in discussing the truths of the Gospel and how the Lord uses those discussions to grow us in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus. But the real answer simply lies in the Gospel truth that I belong to the Lord Jesus Christ and HE has become my very life. The truth of the Gospel itself is never dry; He purchased me with His precious blood and NOW God has peace with me through the work of His Son. How often over the many years of my journey no one wanted to remember the simple truth or even discuss it. That simple truth should never be far from our heart and is what motivates us the remainder of our days. Remember Christ IS the Way, the Truth and the life and salvation lies in Him and we live this life NOW by trusting and resting in the Lord Jesus.

“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me” and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me” Galatians 2:20

May the Lord be your portion this day and may you be satisfied in Him alone.

Much love,
    Eileen~
    "To those who have no works-phobia, I will state that you are not trembling before the gospel" Robert R. Higby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thank you Eileen I very much agree that the simple truths of the Gospel are very important and all our life is centered around those truths because we'd have nothing without Christ and His sacrifice. You said that Christ is our way, our truth and our life and that Christ now lives in us. What I am more so wondering is am I to be living like Christ and his disciples now? I just feel like there is something I should be doing that I am not doing. My old religion was soo much about doing, serving, praying together, missionary work, etc. that I guess I feel like i know these truths and yet Im not doing anything with them. are we just here waiting, and living our life to be happy and with others. Or are we to be doing something for Christ here? I guess Im just confused on what our purpose is, what do I do now on this Christian journey? is it to avoid sins, to proclaim His gospel, or to travel to where there is a body of Christ? I dont know I feel like something is missing.
    Thank you very much for your response you are always so very helpful.
    A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold. - Wisdom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you Eileen I very much agree that the simple truths of the Gospel are very important and all our life is centered around those truths because we'd have nothing without Christ and His sacrifice. You said that Christ is our way, our truth and our life and that Christ now lives in us. What I am more so wondering is am I to be living like Christ and his disciples now? I just feel like there is something I should be doing that I am not doing. My old religion was soo much about doing, serving, praying together, missionary work, etc. that I guess I feel like i know these truths and yet Im not doing anything with them. are we just here waiting, and living our life to be happy and with others. Or are we to be doing something for Christ here? I guess Im just confused on what our purpose is, what do I do now on this Christian journey? is it to avoid sins, to proclaim His gospel, or to travel to where there is a body of Christ? I dont know I feel like something is missing.

Hi Mary,

I imagine there are books and books and more books written on the very questions you ask and there are countless people who wouldn’t mind telling you exactly what you should be doing.

For me the point of Galatians 2:20 included the thought that the life we now live by faith IS what we do on our Christian journey.

We live the life that God gives to each of us; it is a life of faith in whatever it is He has called us to do. (1 Corinthians 7:20). Providentially I was called to be a wife for 38 years and in that calling God worked in me to will and do of His good pleasure. Now I’m a widow and God still works in me to will and to do. I don’t separate my life into categories of “this I do for the Lord, this I do for my husband, this I do for my employer, this I do on Sunday, etc. as everything we do, rather we live or die is unto to the Lord.

In the life He gives me there is therefore purpose. It isn’t on the grand scale as Christ or the disciples but I must always remember that this life comes from Him. We grow in grace and in knowledge of Him, we learn to be content in all things, we learn obedience, we learn to love the brethren, we learn to forgive, we learn to be thankful, we learn to trust the Lord, He teaches us truth, we study to show ourselves approved, we sin, we repent, we fall, we get up, we rest in Christ, we encourage one another, we suffer for what we believe, we more and more learn what it means to love the Lord with all our hearts and minds and our neighbors as ourselves and all of that is in the context of the life He has given us.

If the Lord providentially gives you a job closer to the fellowship of like minded believer then that would be wonderful but it wouldn’t necessarily mean that suddenly you were living more for Christ than you are today. “I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content” Philippians 4:11

This probably doesn’t answer what you are truly questioning Mary. I’m not sure I can answer you, perhaps someone wiser than I can do that. I tend to simplify everything and I simply trust that each day I am doing what the Lord gives me to do and that serves His purpose for me.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 “In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you”

Eileen~
    "To those who have no works-phobia, I will state that you are not trembling before the gospel" Robert R. Higby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

I will suggest some things to pursue:

1. Study the Word every day and be in earnest prayer to receive the wisdom that only Christ can give. Every wonderful treasure discovered in God's revelation gives us renewed hope and a new baptism of encouragement that comes from living in the glory of His undeserved Grace purposed from eternity!

2. Always be seeking out someone to share the knowledge of Grace with. Whether or not the person responds positively 'right now'. Everything is 'urgent' to those of a churchian mindset, however, those of us who know the immensity and infinity of the unlimited Grace revealed in the gospel are not in a hurry to see certain 'objectives' resulting from our testimony.

3. Be conscious of your life testimony as it relates to Grace in Christ. Not excessively, as we all fail miserably at times, but overall.

4. Share communion (a full fellowship meal with breaking bread and drinking the cup in memory of the gospel) with whomever you can as often as you can. Forget about the condemnation of the 'church' in this regard. The church still lives in the shadow of the Papacy from whence it came; hence it still loves the single 'pop and sip' communion under control of religious leaders.

--Bob
    I got four things to live by: don't say nothin' that will hurt anybody; don't give advice--no one will take it anyway; don't complain; don't explain. Walter Scott

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mary,

There are many who face the same problems, concerns and issues. I think it difficult to be a saved person living today because at this time it appears as if there are very few saved people living today, so no wonder it is hard to find true fellowship. At times like these sometimes the truths we know about God are the only true comfort we have. I like to look to the future we have with his people in heaven and pray for his imminent return. Our future will be so much better than our present that there is no way to even make a comparison.

I do pray for you every day and have done so for some time if there is anything you think I can help you with, don’t hesitate to send me a p/m.

May the Lord strengthen and heal you and fill any those missing parts you have.
    For The Truth Shall Set You Free

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Never just study and be waiting. Read Paul's letter to the Thessalonians. He is very hard on them for doing the exact same thing you are wondering about Mary. Go and do something for the Lord. labour for Him in some way. But remember this, it is not about you, it is about His glory. This statement: My old religion was soo much about doing, serving, praying together, missionary work, is said as if there is something wrong with these things. I certainly hope you do not feel this way. There is a big difference in doing work to be saved or stay saved vs doing work for His Glory to shine.
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
    GALATIANS 5:22