Pristine Grace
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread: Article: Why Reductionist Five-point TULIP Calvinism is Bankrupt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Freewillism is Another Gospel

Freewillism is Another Gospel ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChFyB2_XF5w

The following addresses two problems:

(1) The widespread increase of Arminianism, that most within the circles of modern "conservative Christianity" are at least somewhat tainted with, though entirely unaware that this doctrinal system and its several doctrines were once condemned by Protestants as heresy; and,

(2) The popularity of flattering the erroneous system of Arminianism and its proponents among modern Reformed pastors and churches, whereby these blasphemous errors are passed over as the mere theological-inaccuracies of those who are not sufficiently studied to understand the details of the Gospel. Both of these problems are deadly and occasion the destruction of far more souls than any Christian would like to imagine. Thus, they both need to be confronted by this sort of witness and testimony.

Arminian churches must be cut off from fellowship just like the other cults.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Freewillism is Another Gospel

Southern Baptists are Methodists who can read!
    Grace Ambassador
    A pitiful servant of God; a pitbull guardian of the message of Grace

My pledge to other members:
    A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. Prov 15:1
    A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver - Prov. 25:11

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ForAllTruth View Post
    Both of these problems are deadly and occasion the destruction of far more souls than any Christian would like to imagine.
    This statement presupposes that those exposed to such heresies had some sort of choice about their election/reprobation. Though I agree with you that these are heresies, I am content with the reprobate continuing to flounder in that sea. The unregenerate elect on the other hand, will muddle through all sorts of mire until regenerated.

Quote Originally Posted by The Apostle Paul
    Romans 8:28: And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
    Romans 8:29: For whom He foreknew, He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, for Him to be the First-born among many brothers.
    Romans 8:30: But whom He predestinated, these He also called; and whom He called, those He also justified. And whom He justified, these He also glorified.
    Nothing, even apostate Christianity can deter what God has set forth. He is sovereign over all things.

Arminian churches must be cut off from fellowship just like the other cults.
    I agree.
    Isaiah 45:7, (KJV), I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had a small post which I got a message "waiting moderation", and now it is not there and perhaps it got deleted... Well... not the end of the world.
    Grace Ambassador

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The movie above talks about the Southern Baptists who deny the Sovereignty of God. I have found out that Southern Baptists are Methodists who can read...
    Milt
    Grace Ambassador

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    The REAL Five Points of Arminius: far more subtle and deceptive than what the video promotes. Arminius believed in predestination and that his followers WERE THE TRUE REFORMED CALVINISTS!

The Five Articles of the Remonstrants, 1610

Article 1.

[Conditional Election - corresponds to the second of TULIP’s five points, Unconditional Election]

That God, by an eternal and unchangeable purpose in Jesus Christ his Son before the foundation of the world, has determined that out of the fallen, sinful race of men, to save in Christ, for Christ’s sake, and through Christ, those who through the grace of the Holy Spirit shall believe on this his son Jesus, and shall persevere in this faith and obedience of faith, through this grace, even to the end; and, on the other hand, to leave the incorrigible and unbelieving in sin and under wrath and to condemn them as alienated from Christ, according to the word of the Gospel in John 3:36: “He that believes on the Son has everlasting life: and he that does not believe the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abides on him,” and according to other passages of Scripture also.
    Article 2.

[Unlimited Atonement - corresponds to the third of TULIP’s five points, Limited Atonement]

That, accordingly, Jesus Christ the Savior of the world, died for all men and for every man, so that he has obtained for them all, by his death on the cross, redemption and the forgiveness of sins; yet that no one actually enjoys this forgiveness of sins except the believer, according to the word of the Gospel of John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” And in the First Epistle of John 2:2: “And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.”
    Article 3.

[Deprivation - corresponds to the first of TULIP’s five points, Total Depravity]

That man does not posses saving grace of himself, nor of the energy of his free will, inasmuch as in his state of apostasy and sin he can of and by himself neither think, will, nor do any thing that is truly good (such as saving Faith eminently is); but that it is necessary that he be born again of God in Christ, through his Holy Spirit, and renewed in understanding, inclination, and will, and all his faculties, in order that he may rightly understand, think, will, and effect what is truly good, according to the Word of Christ, John 15:5, “Without me you can do nothing.”
    Article 4.

[Resistible Grace - corresponds to the fourth of TULIP’s five points, Irresistible Grace]

That this grace of God is the beginning, continuance, and accomplishment of all good, even to the extent that the regenerate man himself, without prevenient or assisting, awakening, following and cooperative grace, can neither think, will, nor do good, nor withstand any temptations to evil; so that all good deeds or movements that can be conceived must be ascribed to the grace of God in Christ. But with respect to the mode of the operation of this grace, it is not irresistible, since it is written concerning many, that they have resisted the Holy Spirit (Acts 7, and elsewhere in many places).
    Article 5.

[Assurance and Security - corresponds to the fifth of TULIP’s five points, Perseverance of the Saints]

That those who are incorporated into Christ by true faith, and have thereby become partakers of his life-giving Spirit, as a result have full power to strive against Satan, sin, the world, and their own flesh, and to win the victory; it being well understood that it is ever through the assisting grace of the Holy Spirit; and that Jesus Christ assists them through his Spirit in all temptations, extends to them his hand, and if only they are ready for the conflict, desire his help, and are not inactive, keeps them from falling, so that they, by no deceit or power of Satan, can be misled nor plucked out of Christ’s hands, according to the Word of Christ, John 10:28: “Neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.” But whether they are capable, through negligence, of forsaking again the first beginning of their life in Christ, of again returning to this present evil world, of turning away from the holy doctrine which was delivered them, of losing a good conscience, of neglecting grace, that must be more particularly determined out of the Holy Scripture, before we ourselves can teach it with the full confidence of our mind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Article: Why Reductionist Five-point TULIP Calvinism is Bankrupt

Arminus was more of a Calvinist than some Calvinists today
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
    GALATIANS 5:22

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lionovjudah View Post
    This is an accurate statement if I ever saw one! I debated three guys in the past, in the Elect list, who would be offended if we would call them Arminians; they would tell you: Arminius was too Calvinistic for us! Ultimately I nicknamed them "The three amigos"
    Grace Ambassador

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by lionovjudah View Post
    A seminary professor told me that I was a "hyper-calvinist" because of my holding to the five points, and that he was a "true calvinist" because he held to the "preservation of the saints", he was also a southern baptist. I'm still laughing and crying because of his ignorance and stupidity, and crying because I was once an ignorant, stupid southern baptist. I praise God for His grace in "preserving" me.
    Col 2:9, (NASB), For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trav View Post
    A seminary professor told me that I was a "hyper-calvinist" because of my holding to the five points, and that he was a "true calvinist" because he held to the "preservation of the saints", he was also a southern baptist. I'm still laughing and crying because of his ignorance and stupidity, and crying because I was once an ignorant, stupid southern baptist. I praise God for His grace in "preserving" me.
    A name or title is only a name or title. What is important though, is that the name or title continuosely represents the same ideas.

If a "hyper calvinist" is defined as one who believes in the absolute sovereignty of God in all things, then I am proud to be one. But better yet, I'd prefer to be called a true bible believer.

Nicholas
    My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand..........John 10:27,28

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2