Pristine Grace

Thread: Article: In Defense of SEA TULIP Gospel Predestination : Part 2: Eternal Justificatio

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Article: In Defense of SEA TULIP Gospel Predestination : Part 2: Eternal Justificatio

I got four things to live by: don't say nothin' that will hurt anybody; don't give advice--no one will take it anyway; don't complain; don't explain. Walter Scott

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    Because of the hermeneutic of compartmentalization, virtually all of Christianity rejects the doctrine of eternal justification. The taught compartments are strictly time-bound but acceptance of them is considered a test of salvation. Many teachers propose that God purposed the realities of salvation outside of time--but nonetheless had only a disposition of wrath toward His elect until the moment of their ‘gospel enlightening’ OR when they ‘got the drip’. So we have a compartment named ‘common wrath’ to describe the era prior to when the justification of the elect is declared at the moment of personal faith. Supposedly, during this ‘prior’ time, God earnestly desired to consume the elect in His eternal and infinite wrath! The purpose of God to save them is understood as a ‘secret’ plan which even God could not celebrate! He had to withdraw His passion to eternally torment the elect only when the gospel was believed (OR when the ‘drip’ was administered)!
    This statement is to me the epitome of the stance of most of the reformed church. Truth gets set aside (as well as their minds) as they embrace tradition over truth/logic, and then justify their unexplained conclusion as mystery or paradox.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    The apostolic testimony revealed in the scriptures is clear. God saved the elect eternally transcendent of time. All aspects of that salvation (including justification) are included in His eternal decree. There can be nothing more important in human affairs than to affirm and teach this glorious reality. We must shun the condemnation of Reformed teachers who hate this most critical dimension of gospel truth and stand with the warriors who defend the light of God against human opposition—regardless of the cost.
    The paradigm (false god) of most of the reformed church is what so many of us here have escaped. Thanks be to the Lord Jesus Christ whose eternal love has continued through the ages to liberate the elect from the shackles of a false gospel and allowed us to continue to ditch the garbage! Thanks Bob, this study has been great!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Re: Article: In Defense of SEA TULIP Gospel Predestination : Part 2: Eternal Justific

Thanks Greg! I have some additional observations from the Bible on this topic and actually plan to expand and repost this article.

--Bob
    I got four things to live by: don't say nothin' that will hurt anybody; don't give advice--no one will take it anyway; don't complain; don't explain. Walter Scott

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Article: In Defense of SEA TULIP Gospel Predestination : Part 2: Eternal Justific

Your writings and observations Robert touch the very core and center of true Supralapsarian/Predestinarian doctrine. All of us who are faithful to the true Gospel witness are blessed by your testimony.

Nicholas
    My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand..........John 10:27,28