Pristine Grace

Thread: Adam's Original Sin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Adam's Original Sin

New article posted about Adam and original sin doctrine: Adam's Original Sin
    This is my signature.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Brandan For This Useful Post:

Bob Higby (07-28-19)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    A very interesting article. I would like a little more exegesis in Romans 5. The text says that by one man death reigned, seeming to say that Adam is the cause of his posterity's. Your system, while sound in many ways, does not appear to answer this. Other than that it is very well written and well argued. Nice job.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VoxVeritas90 For This Useful Post:

Bob Higby (07-28-19), Brandan (07-19-19)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Rom 5:13-14, (NASB)
    13 for until the Law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
    14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the offense of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.

This passages is basically stating that some of God's elect did not transgress a law covenant. A covenant of works given to Adam was "Do this and die." Then there is a law covenant at Sinai with Moses. These covenants are for the revealing of sin or the increasing of transgressions. Adam transgressed a law covenant in the Garden. And death reigned from Adam to Moses - even for those who weren't under a law covenant. All of the elect sin in the same manner as Adam - even without a law covenant.

This explanation has been added to the article.
    This is my signature.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brandan For This Useful Post:

Bob Higby (07-28-19), Greg (07-28-19)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    This is my signature.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Brandan For This Useful Post:

Bob Higby (10-20-19)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    When I am able, in the middle of my present busy challenges, I will construct a response to arguments advanced by the neon gas lamp. So glad to have someone actually interacting again with attempted exposition of scripture and not merely expressing 'shouts' of 'I think', 'I know', 'I believe', 'I like', and 'I have experienced'.

Bro. Bob
    I got four things to live by: don't say nothin' that will hurt anybody; don't give advice--no one will take it anyway; don't complain; don't explain. Walter Scott

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Higby For This Useful Post:

Brandan (10-20-19)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Here is my podcast on this topic with brother Mike Smith from Joplin MO - https://www.pristinegrace.org/media.php?id=18435
    This is my signature.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Tim Pannell wrote the following to me in an e-mail:
    John 21:22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.

Here Jesus answers Peter, if It were Jesus’ will that this man were to live until the return of Him and not die, what is that to you ? Why does man by nature always feel the need to worry about another man is doing or should be doing? Why does man by nature always want to turn the attention off of Christ alone? Man by nature sometimes wants to focus on things pertaining to another person, so we don’t have to look at ourselves as other men, or look to only to the power of Christ in salvation. We by nature sometimes naturally want to help or hinder another for what we think is our own self gain by our own opinions. We want to think we have wisdom of men and can project that wisdom to help another. We by nature have a hard time examining ourselves and love to focus on arguing or seeking out the wrong in others. We naturally have pride and vanity in our hearts and are so blind to it because we will not, if left to ourselves, look at it. Men love darkness rather than light. Man by nature doesn’t see his sinfulness and will always go about to establish his own righteousness in his own ways; and if God had not intervened (revealed how He is just to justify the ungodly in His only begotten Son Jesus Christ), then all men by nature will do this until they die. I’m not sure about you but I see my nature in the way Peter is here. But what is this “wretched man that I am” to do?
    Firstly, “there is none righteousness, no not one.” Only the imputed righteousness of Christ to a sinner saved by grace by the mercy of God, and the payment of those sins by Christ, is that man given life. If we are of the flock of Jesus. If we are chosen in Christ cloaked in His righteousness . If Christ is revealed to us by God through the Holy Spirit and the preaching of the gospel. If we, through the power of God, are convicted of our sins through God given faith in Jesus Christ. We in the day of God’s power will repent of all dead works and former idolatry. We will by the power of God be drawn in His unbreakable powerful net. We will bear witness of the power and Glory of God in Jesus Christ. We will proclaim His power by His power to the world.
    2 Corinthians 4:4-7 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
    So if we were delivered, what we will do….we shall do the will of God through power in Christ. To be in Christ, is to receive all gifts of grace and mercies in Christ alone.
    If we were delivered from the darkness we shall do just as Jesus commands Peter to do here, when He tells Peter to “follow thou me”. The power and truth of the Holy Spirit which is the treasure found in the “earthen vessels, that the excellencey of the power may be of God, and not of us.” A power that is not of men by nature but a gift of grace in the Lord Jesus Christ. “All things” in salvation are in Christ alone. A knowledge of the true and living God, knowledge of the Glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ, and this knowledge in all His sheep.

John 21:23 Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?

And here an example of how the wisdom of men can misinterpret the word of God. These brethren instead of trusting in the Word of God, think that Jesus said that this certain man(John) wouldn’t die. And this is not the words of Jesus, but a view through the interpretation and wisdom of men, who took those words and made them into something they were not. Preachers and believers of the true gospel will know the truth, but just as man by nature is not perfect in every way(Christ is perfect), here, their view on the word of God was not the same as that He spoke. All those who are brought into Christ church are to test the words of each other, not for vain reasons or by are own opinions but by the word of God. Because we are not all perfect, but The Word of God is perfect. If there is a dispute over certain doctrines, Just as John does here, he brings it to light among the brethren. Not condemning the brethren, but having been given the truth through Christ very words, He relays the truth to them. He relays the truth in God’s word, not in his wisdom, but in the Word of God. He here repeats the words just as it was spoken to him by the Word of God. He didn’t add anything to the words Jesus spoke, He simply repeated it and left it in the Word of God.

John 21:24 This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true.

Here the disciples after hearing the Word of God, come together as brethren on that truth, given through the testimony of this disciple, and “know that his testimony is true.” They trust in the Word of God. By the Word of God they are brought to the truth. Not by the wisdom of men but by The Word of God.

This is my signature.