Pristine Grace

Thread: New Article: Debunking the Great Satan Myth Part 1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

New Article: Debunking the Great Satan Myth Part 1

The article can be found at this link and also in the 'Articles' section of this forum:

https://www.pristinegrace.org/media.php?id=1569

For anyone with interest, I will only discuss issues with the article (at this time) either in this thread or in private messaging.

"All Follow Augustine"!

Bro. Bob
    I got four things to live by: don't say nothin' that will hurt anybody; don't give advice--no one will take it anyway; don't complain; don't explain. Walter Scott

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    I've updated the article with a link to this thread at the bottom.
    This is my signature.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Brandan For This Useful Post:

Bob Higby (08-24-19)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Hello yes i had a question: is Satan a 3rd type of creature or simply a reprobate angel? I agree none are fallen but created evil. When you argue the serpent is not satan but it's own thing is that also a 3rd type of a sentient being? Simply put We have angels/devils humans and dumb animals but is Satan and/or the Eden serpent another class of creature?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick wade For This Useful Post:

Bob Higby (08-24-19)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Also is there a kind of hierarchy among angelic beings? From your article it appeared that devils follow satans orders while also demonstrating times God gave orders. We see conflicts between angels and demons as Daniel seems to say, yet when God is the one giving the commands even to Satan and evil spirits, why do they even fight? Did God command the fight between the two? Idk if I'm making much sense, I'll clarify if you need me too.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick wade For This Useful Post:

Bob Higby (08-24-19)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Satan is a reprobate angel, created for the sole purpose of being God's chief adversary in the present world. He was/is a murderer and liar from the beginning of his activity, whenever we conclude that activity started. I concluded in the article that Satan was created in the post-flood order--to be leader of the demonic host in the 'dispersion', though I do not have issues with those who believe the Eden serpent (possessed) was Satan's beginning as Prince of this World instead of with his success in deceiving Nimrod at Babel. I believed this view myself for many years, before further study and correction. The dualism I oppose entirely is the view that Satan was created a perfectly sinless angel, sinned with no desire to sin in his nature, deceived a large number of other angles before the creation of the world to follow him, and lurked from heaven to observe the creation of the Earth, heavens, and mankind and then descended to inhabit the serpent and deceive Adam.

Bro. Bob
    I got four things to live by: don't say nothin' that will hurt anybody; don't give advice--no one will take it anyway; don't complain; don't explain. Walter Scott

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bob Higby For This Useful Post:

Brandan (08-23-19), Pam (08-23-19)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Nick,

On your other questions I will answer individually.

When you argue the serpent is not satan but it's own thing is that also a 3rd type of a sentient being?

No. My conclusion is that the serpent, animal creature, was created as the trickster and prototypical enemy of God to deceive Eve with false wisdom, good sounding and firmly asserted skubalon (a strong Greek term like our ‘s’ word, referring to what comes out the back end of animals such as the cow). Paul refers to his former beliefs in Pharisaic Judaism as nothing but skubalon in Phil. 3:8. On the issue of God commanding the serpent of what to speak, see my comments below on God commanding the demons on what to speak. Most believe it is ‘unfair’ of God in His sovereignty to predestine the evil activity of demons or any evil, we know that is nonsense in light of who the infinite personal God is.

The serpent was denigrated to the ‘snake’ crawling on its belly in God’s curse, of course. Some would ask, how could God ‘unfairly’ punish the serpent for carrying out his commanded orders of what to speak? Well, God is all powerful and sovereign! All that He does is just and right, simply because it is He who purposes and performs it all.

Also is there a kind of hierarchy among angelic beings?

Yes. I will refer only to demonic angels and not elect angels such as Gabriel or Michael (where there is also a hierarchy). Satan is the Prince of this World, meaning Prince of all subordinate devils who follow his lead. These include Princes of specific territories in all the world and their demonic gods named after them (including all planetary gods), as well as the ‘grand’ Princes that transcend geographic territory in direct contact with Satan, such as Belial or Beliar--the ‘worthless’ Prince whose job it is to spread persecution to destroy professed people of God, as well as Baal (Beelzebub) the false prophet-- chief of all planetary gods (the Sun), whose job it is to work miracles in support of ALL demonic religion opposed to God and influence people to believe in them.

From your article it appeared that devils follow Satan’s orders while also demonstrating times God gave orders.

That is correct, both are completely true. This shows how Satan attempts to prove he is ‘somebody’--although really he is nobody, only God’s devil, an idiot pawn serving the Lord’s ultimate purposes.

1 Kings 22:19-23: And Micaiah said, “Therefore hear the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing beside him on his right hand and on his left;20 and the LORD said, ‘Who will entice Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead?’ And one said one thing, and another said another.21 Then a spirit came forward and stood before the LORD, saying, ‘I will entice him.’ 22 And the LORD said to him, ‘By what means?’ And he said, ‘I will go out, and will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ And he said, ‘You are to entice him, and you shall succeed; go out and do so.’ 23 Now therefore behold, the LORD has put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these your prophets; the LORD has declared disaster for you.”

It is clear from the above passage that demons obey God’s orders as the Lord directs them to go and lie. In this instance God directly commands the devils to go and tell lies so Ahab’s kingdom will merit coming judgment, in others God tells Satan what to do and command of his subordinates.

We see conflicts between angels and demons as Daniel seems to say, yet when God is the one giving the commands even to Satan and evil spirits, why do they even fight? Did God command the fight between the two?

By now I think you already know my answer, YES! They fight because they are God’s idiot pawns thinking they will gain some victory, even as Satan leads Gog and Magog in the end (after thousands of years of God putting him down and Christ consigning him to operate from the bottomless pit after resurrection victory) to launch an attack on the abode of Christ and the saints deceived into thinking he will achieve some victory due to his greater numbers (Rev. 20:7-9).

Bro. Bob

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bob Higby For This Useful Post:

Brandan (08-24-19), Forester07 (09-01-19), Pam (08-23-19)