Pristine Grace

Thread: Further Evidence on the Meaning of Ezekiel 28:1-19

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Further Evidence on the Meaning of Ezekiel 28:1-19

In the past, I have had many challenges to the notion that the taunt against the king (kingdom) of Tyre in Ezekiel 28 in no way refers to Satan. Many have tried to score 'debate points' affirming the traditional view of Origen and Augustine that Ezekiel 28 is an allegory of Satan's so-called 'fall' from sinless perfection in heaven as God's highest cherub. The same persons have affirmed because I didn't have direct evidence of a historical covenant of a King of Tyre with the kingdom of Israel, this proves the Augustinian and Originan position. Here are links providing some history of the relationship of Solomon with king Hiram I of Tyre in the building of the temple:

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...gs-1-chapter-9

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Hiram-king-of-Tyre

From the second article: "Hiram maintained friendly relations with Israel, supplying Solomon with men and materials for the construction of the Temple at Jerusalem and cooperating with him in Mediterranean and Red Sea trading voyages. Solomon gave him tribute and Galilean territory in return."

Most of the history with this is in the Bible itself in 1 Kings 6 and 2 Chronicles 3-4.

The destruction of the kingdom of Tyre prophesied in the same passage of Ezekiel came with the invasion of Alexander the Great.

--Bob
    Last edited by Bob Higby; 10-06-20 at 02:01 AM.
    I got four things to live by: don't say nothin' that will hurt anybody; don't give advice--no one will take it anyway; don't complain; don't explain. Walter Scott

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Higby For This Useful Post:

Brandan (10-06-20)