Thread: The Sovereign Drug of Arminianism

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

The Sovereign Drug of Arminianism

If anyone has never read this evidence presented by Augustus Toplady: that the whole Arminian system was invented by the papal Jesuits (Society of Jesus), which secret society has as it's sole 'secret' mission to destroy the Reformation and reunite all of 'Western Christianity' under the Roman Catholic banner.

This audio is mainly a reading of what Toplady himself wrote on the issue and his historical support quoting the Jesuits themselves for the position taken. The persecution of predestinarians mentioned occurred during the period in the Netherlands and Belgium when the Remonstrants gained full political power in that region. Toplady's point is that all of this was orchestrated by Jesuit planning. They called Arminianism the 'Sovereign Drug' which would destroy the biblical doctrine of God's sovereignty!

The Arminian system was later perfected and advanced most effectively into a fully Pelagian system by John Wesley, which caused the Jesuits to celebrate a victory lap in their efforts.

The Society of Jesus were the authors of the canons of the Council of Trent, as the papacy depended on them to produce a very skilled and scholarly refutation of the Reformation. They were also the educated 'missionaries' who came to the Americas to promote Roman Catholic evangelism (traveling land and sea to make one proselyte). The movie "The Mission" is based on their work in Latin America. NOTE: the Papacy for centuries had a love-hate relationship with the Jesuits, the Vatican never officially supported them. One Pontiff (Leo ?) even invalidated their ordination and (supposed) ability to transform the mass for a time. Strangely, now we have the first Jesuit pontiff in history!

The Jesuits invented (seemingly) nearly every false doctrine implanted in churches professing the Reformation throughout its history: biblical skepticism, Pentecostalism, Holiness perfectionism, the Charismatic movement, the prophetic systems of Preterism and Futurism, Dispensationalism, Theonomy, the Second Advent awakening (Manuel Lacunza), future restoration of ethnic Judaism pre-eminently reigning with Christ for the millennium after the 'times of the Gentiles' are ended, the pre-tribulation rapture and all associated false teaching, and I'm sure I could think of others I have uncovered in my studies.

Here is the audio: https://www.sermonaudio.com/sermonin...SID=7200654949

Bro. Bob
    I got four things to live by: don't say nothin' that will hurt anybody; don't give advice--no one will take it anyway; don't complain; don't explain. Walter Scott

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Higby For This Useful Post:

Brandan (11-23-20)