0 Posts
    Well, you got a point there.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Questian:

Yu brought up a lot of interesting points. Some I agree with and some I do not. I will try to get to them as best as I can. Basically I do think that we should have seperation of church and state and we do not need things like state run prayers in school or the ten commandments on the wall of some court building. These things I think go against the constitution and really do not help the Christian side anyways. What we ned is real prayer in schools and others praying for our schools on a daily basis not kids just going through the motions of prayer everyday. Now i do think that the government can fund faith based programs that do charitable work without going against the constitution. That has been done for years by giving tax breaks to cahritable organizations such as churches and synagouges, etc..

I do not think that athiests are the most persecuted group in America but that might be becasue I live in Austin. I think it is like the home of all the athiest's groups in america.

I do agree with you questian also that many Christian groups go too far with trying to mix church with the state. The last thing I want to do is have the state involved in the church. I think history has shown that when the state starts messing with the church evil happens. I think ti also makes Christians look bad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2