Pristine Grace

Thread: Siamese Issues

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Siamese Issues

OK...let me warn you. this is a weird one.

a co-worker and i were talking about siamese twins the other day. he mentioned that he saw some documentary or something where some were joined at the head, some at the chest, and one even had only one body but two heads. many were never separated and lived until they were old. one set were even married to two different woman (and they had separate anatomy, etc.)!

here are my questions. is the married situation adultery or polygamy? what about the person with one body but two heads? how does this work with salvation, resurrection, etc.? what if one head believes the gospel and the other does not? what do we do with the belief of resurrection bodies and such in this case?
    When I get a little money, I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes.
    --Erasmus

A room without books is a body without soul.
    --Cicero

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Interesting points to think about.
    I've thought about it a little here and there.
    I personally think that they are two persons...two seperate people with differing identities and personalities.
    As with salvation, each has their own mind and their own soul and are idependent of each other in that aspect. So it is very likely one can be saved and the other not, or both are or both aren't obviously.

As with the resurrection, I do toroughly believe in the resurrection of the body, and I believe that the bodies will be perfected, seperated, and whole. Of course, if both are unsaved and destined for hell, then it doesn't matter so much about the body. But I do think they will be made whole and sent to their perspective destination.

Then again, I might not have thought of all implications, nor may have I covered all the bases...but that's my thoughts on it at this point.
    2 Timothy 4:2-4
    <(((><
    1 Peter 3:15

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Fledge
    As with the resurrection, I do toroughly believe in the resurrection of the body, and I believe that the bodies will be perfected, seperated, and whole.
    so do they get new bodies or the same ones? if so, who gets the body? how will they be made whole?
    When I get a little money, I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes.
    --Erasmus

--Cicero

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If God can make man out of the dust of the ground in Genesis, He can complete the partial bodies of the conjoined twins.

2 Timothy 4:2-4
    <(((><
    1 Peter 3:15

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Fledge
    If God can make man out of the dust of the ground in Genesis, He can complete the partial bodies of the conjoined twins.

yes certainly God can do it. but my question was not one of ability (whether it is possible) but of logistics (i.e., how? in what way?). do we get the same bodies or do we get new ones? or is resurrection even a physical matter after all?
    --Erasmus

--Cicero

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fledge...I liked that...lol

Separating two individuals would be nothing if He created us from dirt in the first place...its easy to make to piles of dirt from one.

It is indeed, a strange thread though. Not a subject I ever gave thought to before.
    ~Madly in love with my Saviour

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The same type of question can be asked regarding dismemberment or cremation. Since so many people support the notion of us being physically resurrected, albeit in a 'glorified body', yet keep our features, as did Jesus, what about those who are dismembered or cremated or have a crippling disease like John Merrik (aka the Elephant Man)? No one seems to want to answer those questions.

Grace to you,

jak
    'Unless I am convinced by scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not recant anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe. God help me. Here I stand, I can do no other.'~~Martin Luther, 1521

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

siamese issues

Odessey I think you hit the nail on to head. If we are to have our bodies that we have now it would seem that all the frailities would be carried over.

When Jesus returned to His deciples after the resurection He had all the marks of the crusification in His body.

Two references in scripture come to mind, the apostle John said that he didn't know what we would be but we would be like Him.
    Does this imply a physical or a spiritual likeness. The other is from Paul when he was discussing the resurection and said that what is sown is not what is raised.

It would seem to me that God Himself will give a body after we shed this one.

Sorry I don't have the scripture references to mind. I just thought I would post.
    landmark baptist