Pristine Grace
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 8

Thread: Are tolerant calvinists (tc) unregenerate?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Are tolerant calvinists (tc) unregenerate?

RE: THE (TC) ON THIS TOPIC:

GO AHEAD AND KEEP TOLERATING YOUR BROTHERS(THE ARMINIANS). ALL I SEE IS A BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES TRYING TO JUSTIFY THEIR SIN AND REBELLION THROUGH THEIR CORRUPTION OF GOD'S WORD. I SEE YOU ALL SPEAKING OUT OF BOTH SIDES OF YOUR MOUTH, WHICH BRINGS CONFUSION.

WHAT'S WORSE THAN A SELF RIGHTEOUS RELIGIONIST THAT THINKS HIS SALVATION IS CONDITIONED UPON HIMSELF( the arminian)? A SELF RIGHTEOUS RELIGIONIST WHO PRETENDS TO BELIEVE THE TRUTH OF SALVATION CONDITIONED UPON THE IMPUTED RIGHTEOUSNESS OF CHRIST AND HIS ATONING BLOOD ALONE AND YET CAN CONSIDER ONE WHO CONDITIONS HIS SALVATION UPON HIMSELF A BROTHER CONFUSED, IGNORANT, OR JUST WEAK IN THE FAITH( the unregenerate tolerant calvinist)

THE POINT OF THIS THREAD BY THE (TC), I ASSUME, IS TO CONVINCE THE READERS TO EMBRACE AND TOLERATE DAMNABLE HERESY.

IF WE SAY THAT WE HAVE FELLOWSHIP WITH HIM,AND WALK IN DARKNESS, WE LIE, AND DO NOT THE TRUTH:1JOHN 1:6

BUT THE ANOINTING WHICH YE HAVE RECEIVED OF HIM ABIDETH IN YOU, AND YE NEED NOT THAT ANY MAN TEACH YOU: BUT AS THE SAME ANOINTING TEACHETH YOU OF ALL THINGS, AND IS TRUTH, AND IS NO LIE, AND EVEN AS IT HAS TAUGHT YOU, YE SHALL ABIDE IN HIM. 1JOHN 2:27

WHOSOEVER TRANSGRESSETH, AND ABIDETH NOTIN THE DOCTRINE OF CHRIST, HATH NOT GOD. HE THAT ABIDETH IN THE DOCTRINE OF CHRIST, HE HATH BOTH THE FATHER AND THE SON. 2JOHN 9

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sr. Tomas1,

You wrote,

"How about a little scripture that actually pertains to the question for once?"

Oh, come on!!!! If I can remember corectly, a lot had been made of Galatians and Romans 14. As some saw it, they had the wall of China rebuilt, with regards to the matter at hand. Well, this false defense has been broken down. It has been tackled head on, and that by the theme; "SOLA ESCRIPTURA", which is one of the flags on this ship. Now, I realize that you were not the one that brought this arguments to light but, you should at least recognize that we have been dealing with the SCRIPTURES. A charge like the one you've made above may give the wrong impression to some. An apealing was made earlier to debate in good faith, well this should be applied to all here in the forum.

C. Soler
    Eph.1:11

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tomas1
    We see lots of passages that say that a man is saved by what Christ did not by his own consistent intellect.
    and this is really what i see as the crux of the discussion. what i understand from the carpenterites is that man is saved by his own intellect and ability to understand and articulate some confession. it is just another flavor of works salvation. it is based on what man can bring to the table (even if one affirms that God gave him what he brings) -- his own understanding and abilities.

plus it doesn't actually deal with the reality that learning and understanding is a process. i don't know anyone who understood it all immediately upon their salvation. by the carpenterite theology, many of us here were not saved until we came to embrace all 5 points fully (particularly limited atonement) and also reject those who do not affirm the 5 points (since if we don't reject them that makes us hypocrites and therefore nullifies our regeneration); so probably most of of us here are not regenerate and the point is moot.
    When I get a little money, I buy books; and if any is left, I buy food and clothes.
    --Erasmus

A room without books is a body without soul.
    --Cicero

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

This discussion is now closed. Marc, thank you for participating. I will use this thread to contemplate all sides of the issue. I do not think we're going to come to a conclusion to this debate. I think it would be best for all people to consider both sides and make their decision.
    Marc, and all you other people that are of his persuasion, feel free to participate on this forum in other topics, but let's let this topic rest for now.

Brandan
    This is my signature.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 8