Pristine Grace
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4

Thread: Duty Faith?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Duty Faith?

This is exactly how I see it. We are merely to proclaim the Gospel. To the elect it will be the sound of freedom and life. To the reprobate it will be the sound of slavery and death.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Duty Faith?

Harald:

Good Books publishes one of Saltmarsh's works but they don't put out Free Grace which is the one I'm most interested in reading. The books at Good Books are facsimiles so I don't think there would be any editing of the content. However, I still have access to Early English books online with my Calvin ID and all these books are on there. I was just hoping to find them somewhere in a modern font. I've downloaded quite a few in .pdf format and printed them off. Some of the writing gets small and it gives me a bit of a headache. I've gotten used to the "s's" that look like "f's" though. I've ordered a facsimile edition of a book from Still Waters Revival Books in the past and parts of it were completely unreadable. I have yet to see the work of Good Books.

Chauncy is one of the authors I have printed off. He's excellent. I've read much of Alexipharmacon. I hope at some point his works are made more widely available. He was Owens successor and from what I've read seems to excel him in many ways. The section of his book written in response to the Presbyterian Articles written against the antineonomians is superb and the issue of the conditional covenant is addressed very well.
    For whatever strength of arm he may have who swims in the open sea, yet in time he is carried away and sunk, mastered by the greatness of its waves. Need then there is that we be in the ship, that is, that we be carried in the wood, that we may be able to cross this sea. Now this Wood in which our weakness is carried is the Cross of the Lord, by which we are signed, and delivered from the dangerous tempests of this world.--St. Augustine

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4