Pristine Grace

Thread: Billy Graham..What does he teach?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Billy Graham..What does he teach?

I have been on paltalk for less than 60 days, and Billy Graham keeps coming up again and again...Why does Billy Graham REALLY believe? Why do so many OBJECT to him? Read on...

"Billy Graham and His Bible"
    Written by Rev. Alan Cairns, Greenville, South Carolina
    Distributed by Toronto Free Presbyterian Church
    1600 Neilson Road, Scarborough, Ontario M1X 1S3

DR. GRAHAM DECLARES HIS GOSPEL TO BE THAT OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH.

Speaking at the Roman Catholic Belmont Abbey College, Noth Carolina, Dr. Graham said: "The gospel that built this school and the gospel that brings me here tonight is still the way to salvation" (Gastonia Gazette, November 22, 1967). That is plain enough. The then executive vice-president of Belmont Abbey College, Rev. Cuthbert E. Allen, agreed. He wrote, "I have followed Billy Graham's career and I must emphasize that he has been more Catholic than otherwise... Billy Graham is preaching a moral and evangelical theology most acceptable to Catholics." (Personal letter, reproduced in Billy Graham and the Church of Rome, by I.R.K. Paisley, Appendix. Document No.3).

The question is: What is the gospel according to the church of Rome?

1. Rome's gospel denies the full and final authority of Scripture.

The Second Vatican Council flatly decreed: "The Church does not draw her certainty about all revealed truth from the Holy Scriptures alone. Hence both Scripture and Tradition must be accepted and honored with equal feelings of devotion and reverence." (Vatican II. Dei Veruum II.9).

The Bible says, "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them" (Isaiah 8:20). The reason for this is simple -- only in Scripture do we have God's inspired, authoritative Word: "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works" (II Timothy 3:16). To be adequately equipped, we need nothing more than Scripture.

Paul's warning is much to the point: "Beware lest any man spoil you... after the tradition of men" (Colossians 2:8).

Does Billy Graham preach Rome's gospel, as he claimed?

2. Rome's gospel denies the once-for-all atoning sacrifice of Christ.

"The mystery of the Eucharist is the true center of the sacred liturgy and indeed of the whole Christian life" (Vaican II, Eucharisticum Mysterium, Intro. A.). In this central act of worship Rome claims that the Mass is "a sacrifice in which the sacrifice of the cross is perpetuated." Again: "In the sacrifice of the Mass our Lord is immolated" [i.e., killed as a sacrifice]. According to Rome, "in it [the Mass] Christ perpetuates in an unbloody manner the sacrifice offered on the cross, offering Himself to the Father for the world's salvation through the ministry of the priests" (Vat. II, Euch. Myst. Intro. C).

Against all this the Bible says, "This man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God" (Hebrews 10:12). Jesus exclaimed on the cross, "It is finished" (John 19:30), the meaning of which is fully explained in Hebrews 9:24-26: "[Christ is entered] into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us: nor yet that he should offer himself often ... for then must he often have suffered ... but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself."

Rome's gospel is a blasphemous denial of Christ's atonement.

Does Billy Graham still claim to preach this gospel of Rome?

3. Rome's gospel denies justification by grace through faith in the merits of the righteousness of Christ.

"If anyone shall say that it is by the righteousness of Christ itself that men are formally justified, -- let him be accursed" (Council of Trent, Session VI, Canon 10). "If anyone shall say that justifying faith is nothing else than trust in the Divine mercy pardoning sins for Christ's sake; or that is is that trust alone by which we are justified, -- let him be accursed" (Canon 10). Here Rome places her curse on the very Word of God!.

The Bible says, "By the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight ... But now the righteousness of God ... which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe" (Romans 3:20-22).

Again it states; "A man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law" (Romans 3:28), and "God imputeth righteousness without works" (Romans 4:6).

Rome's gospel is a gospel of human works and merits. "Sins must be expiated. This may be done on this earth through sorrows, miseries and trials of this life and, above all, through death. Otherwise, the expiation must be made in the next life through fire and torments or purifying punishment" (Vat. II, Indulgentiarum Doctrina, I.2).

In total contrast, the Bible says, "Being now justified by his [Christ's] blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him" (Romans 5:9).

Again: "Therefore being [i.e., having been] justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" (Romans 5:1). "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus" (Romans 8:1). The Apostle John gives the reason for this freedom from condemnation: "Your sins are forgiven you for his [Christ's] name's sake" (I John 2:12).

The gospel is "Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin" (Romans 4:7-8). This is the gospel that Rome rejects.

Does Billy Graham still claim to preach this gospel of Rome?

4. Rome's gospel denies the sole mediation of Christ.

"The blessed Virgin is invoked in the Church under the titles of Advocate, Helper, Benefactress, and Mediatrix" (Vatican II, Lumen Gentium, VIII Para. 62). Paragraph 61 of the same document says Mary "shared her Son's sufferings as He died on the cross. Thus, in a wholly singular way she co-operated... in the work of the Savior in restoring supernatural life to souls." Pope John Paul II has flatly stated that in Mary "is effected the reconciliation of God with humanity ..., is accomplished the work of reconciliation" (Pope John Paul II, On Reconciliation and Penance, St. Paul Editions, p.139).

It is vain for Rome to claim that all this does not violate the Scripture, which says, "There is ... one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" (I Timothy 2:5). The Bible says, "God was in Christ [not Mary], reconciling the world unto himself" (II Corinthians 5:19). Again, the Bible says, "God hath given to us eternal life and this life is in his Son" (I John 5:11). Contrast the slogan adopted by the second Vatican Council, "Death through Eve, life through Mary" (Lum. Gent., VIII Para. 56).

This is Rome's gospel.

Does Billy Graham still boast of preaching the same gospel?

If he does he can have no message of salvation. Rome's gospel pronounces a curse on any man who comes to believe that he is assured of salvation and heaven in this life: "If any says that he will for certain ... have that great gift of perseverance unto the end, -- let him be accursed" (Council of Trent, Session VI, Canon 16). Has Billy Graham no better message than this?

Does he still preach Rome's gospel?

The Apostle Paul opposed such as preached a gospel like Rome's. He said, "Though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed" (Galatians 1:8). Paul curses Rome's gospel, but Billy Graham boasts that it is the same as the one he preaches.

DR. GRAHAM HAILS THE POPE AS "THE GREATEST RELIGIOUS LEADER OF THE MODERN WORLD."

He wrote this in a lengthy article in the Saturday Evening Post, Jan./Feb. 1980, and went on to refer to John Paul II as "one of the greatest moral and spiritual leaders of this century," "an evangelist," who "sought to speak to the spiritual hunger of our age in the same way Christians throughout the centuries have spoken to the spiritual yearning of every age -- by pointing people to Christ."

All this is most deceitful. John Paul II proclaims every Roman Catholic heresy noted above -- and then goes even further.

1. The Pope bans sinners from going directly to Christ for pardon.

Confession to a priest to obtain absolution from him "constitutes the only ordinary way in which the faithful who are conscious of serious sin are reconciled with God ... every serious sin must always be stated, with its determining circumstances, in an individual confession." (John Paul II, On Reconciliation and Penance, p.132. The emphasis is his. The only extraordinary way he allows is confession to a priest or priests in a group exercise pp. 128, 132.)

The Pope allows no access to Christ for pardon, except through a human priest. Is this "pointing men to Christ"? Nowhere in the New Testament is any man placed between a penitent sinner and Christ.

Jesus said: "Come unto me ... and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28).

The Bible says, "Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; and having an high priest [Christ] ... let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith" (Hebrews 10:19-22).

John Paul II utterly contradicts this. Far from pointing men to Christ, he places a barrier in their way to keep them from Christ.

2. The Pope invites men "to turn with me to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, Mother of Jesus, in whom 'is effected the reconciliation of God with humanity.'"

He says that to Mary's Immaculate Heart "we have repeatedly entrusted the whole of humanity" (Reconciliation and Penance, pp.139, 140).

The Bible knows nothing of such language. Paul said, "I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace" (Acts 20:32) -- not to Mary.

What kind of spiritual leadership is the Pope giving? Is he pointing men to Christ? How can Billy Graham appeal to what the Bible says and at the same time hail a Mariolator as an evangelist who points men to Christ?

STOP PRESS

Pope John Paul II has just published his twelfth encyclical, Ut Unum Sint (May They All Be One). In it he said the Roman Catholic Church would not change its doctrines for the sake of unity, and asserted his rule as the prime mover behind the ecumenical movement.

"With the power and the authority without which such an office would be illusory, the Bishop of Rome must ensure the communion of all churches," he wrote in the 115-page document. "For this reason, he is the first servant of unity."

The European, 2-8 June 1995

DR. GRAHAM SENDS HIS ENQUIRERS INTO ROMAN CATHOLICISM, EASTERN ORTHODOXY, LIBERAL PROTESTANTISM, ETC.

Long ago Dr. Graham stated his policy for following up an enquirer: "His name and address and a lot of information about him is taken and within 24 hours that is sent to a minister of the church of his choice regardless of denomination" (Interview in U.S. News and World Report, August 27, 1954). This policy has been consistently carried out. For example, in the Milwaukee crusade of 1979, Sister Maureen Hopkins, a Roman Catholic nun, was a member of the crusade committee. She received some 3,500 names and telephone numbers for her church to follow up. All 3,500 were invited to a special mass (remember what we showed about the mass) "to remind enquirers that their commitments to Christ should be nurtured within the sacramental framework of the Church" (The Christian Courier, Milwaukee, September 1979).

Does the Bible have anything to say about such a policy? It certainly does.

In the early church, converts "continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship" (Acts 2:42). They were not placed under the care of deniers of the gospel. The Bible says, "Have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them" (Ephesians 5:100). Dr. Graham's policy is a blatant violation of the Bible which he professes to hold as his supreme authority. No converts should be sent to any church where they cannot emulate the converts of apostolic times and fellowship on the basis of sound doctrine.

DR. GRAHAM BETRAYS HIS BAPTIST BRETHREN IN RUSSIA

Of Russia Dr. Graham said, "I think there is a lot more freedom here than has been given the impression in the States because there are hundreds, thousands of churches open." He went on to give the impression that he found more religious freedom in Russia than in England: "In Great Britain, they have a state church ... Here [in Russia] it is a free church, in the sense that it is not headed officially, as the Church of England is headed by the queen." (Los Angeles Times, May 14, 1982. Emphasis added.)

A woman was arrested at one of his Russian meetings for displaying a banner with the message "We have more than 150 prisoners for the work of the gospel." Dr. Graham defended the police for arresting her. He said, "We detain people in the United States if we catch them doing things that are wrong. I have had people coming to my services in the United States causing disturbances and they have been taken away by the police."

The Bible says, "Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body" (Hebrews 13:3). Dr. Graham in Russia did not want to be reminded of the Baptist pastors and other Bible believers being held in prisons and concentration camps for their faith. They are brave sufferes for Christ. Billy Graham added to their agony. He stabbed them in the back. He sided with the atheists who arrested a courageous lady who dared to draw his attention to their plight and condemned her as a disturber and a wrongdoer. Dr. Graham should remember that the Bible says, "In the day that thou stoodest on the other side, ... even thou wast as one of them" (Obadiah 11). He identified his Russian friends, and they were not his persecuted Baptist brethren. He stood on the other side with their persecutors.

Dr. Graham appeals to the Bible. Judge his message, his policy, and his fellowship by the Bible. By that standard he stands exposed as blatantly flaunting the plainest statements and standards of Scripture.

God's work cannot be done in such a way. The Bible says: "Cursed be he that doeth the work of the Lord deceitfully" (Jeremiah 48:10).

If the Bible is right, Dr. Graham is wrong. The Bible is right.

Either Dr. Graham should drop his appeal to the Bible or he should cease his wanton disobedience of its message and methods. We sincerely pray that even at this late stage Dr. Graham will take the latter course and "earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints" (Jude 3).

"Billy Graham...The Facts"
    Written by Dr. Bert Oately-Willis, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Distributed by Toronto Free Presbyterian Church
    1600 Neilson Road, Scarborough, Ontario M1X 1S3

Events have moved rapidly in the last thirty years. We have passed through Higher Criticism, liberalism, Neo-Orthodoxy, ecumenism, New Evangelicalism, and the delusion of the Charismatic Movement. The pace has moved so fast that multitudes of God's people who once knew error and compromise when they heard or saw it are deluded and confused. In the midst of this miserable morass of satanic seduction, for many, the eternal authority of the commands of God's inerrant word have become, at best, secondary to the pragmatism that the end justifies the means. For many compromising Christians this pamphlet will have no significance, others will dismiss it as 'unloving'. Yet it is written in love to Christ Who said, 'If ye love Me, keep My commandments' (John 14:15). In loyalty to Christ, the Gospel, and the Word, we ask you to prayerfully consider the solemn import of this pamphlet.

There is a place where tolerance begins and ends. Gresham Machen in his book, 'Christianity and Liberalism' (p.22) speaking of Paul's toleration of practices in the Philippian church says, 'The way in which the preaching was being carried on was wrong, but the message was true'. However, Paul's tolerance was at an end with the Galatians because the message of the Gospel was being added to and became error. Originally in his ministry it would seem that Billy Graham's message was essentially true. However, through the years that message has been prostituted to unscriptural ends and today his stand and direction have become erroneous. True believers, whose sole mandate and authority is the word of God, cannot tolerate this. They should have no difficulty in seeing the solemn issues in this pamphlet.

Dr. Graham uses a deceptive fundamental terminology which is acceptable to liberals, Roman Catholics, and pagans alike. It is suspect and does not mean what the Bible means. It is this that makes Dr. Graham's ministry so dangerous. In this pamphlet Billy Graham and his liberal friends will speak for themselves. It will be for you, the reader, with the Scriptures, to decide whether there has been a transition from truth to error.

Compare Graham's position now with the statement he made August 1948 at a luncheon at the Conservative Baptist Association's Convention in Milwaukee. He was asked, 'Billy what do you expect the World Council of Churches to do in August?' His reply, 'I believe that they are going to nominate the anti-Christ'. 1974 at his Lausanne Congress Graham stated, 'I have nothing but the warmest of relations with the World Council of Churches'. The WCC has not changed except to become more wicked in its apostasy. Separation from error and apostasy is the crying need of the hour!

Jan. 4th 1949 Billy Graham said concerning the ecumenical Inter-Varsity Christian Fellowship, 'They certainly have a 'snooty' outlook on life ... I will make it a certainty that they never invite me back' ('Billy Graham and The Church of Rome' p.39 by Paisley). Today he supports the Inter-Varsity which is deeply compromised. Inter-Varsity's 'His' magazine quotes Rev. Robert A. Raines, a liberal, who wrote the article, 'With Billy at Yale'. Raines said, 'Though men differ with Dr. Graham's theology they knew themselves to be Christ's disciples and therefore brothers when they gathered around Christ'. Billy's ministry at Yale convinced this non-believer that he was right with God.

May 10th 1952 in a letter to John R. Rice, Billy Graham said, 'Contrary to any rumours that are constantly floating about, we have never had a modernist on our Executive Committee and we have never been sponsored by the Council of Churches in any city'. He made many statements to this effect. Why do you do it now Billy? Dec. 27th 1951 in a letter to Chester Tulga responding to criticism, Graham said, 'If you are going to hurl stones, hurl them at the modernists. My separation and my theology has not veered one iota from that of W.B. Riley'. ('Billy Graham and The Church of Rome' p.40 by Paisley). June 3rd 1952 in a letter to Bob Jones Sr., Graham said, 'The modernists do not support us anywhere'.

1954. Despite pleadings from evangelical leaders, Graham went to New York City under the sponsorship of notorious liberals and infidels whom he called, 'Godly men seeking to reach New York's vast population'. Of Bishop Kennedy, an apostate on one of Graham's committees, Billy said, 'Bishop Kennedy is one of the ten greatest preachers in America'. ('Billy Graham' by E. L. Bynum, Lubbock, Texas).

1948. Graham said, 'The three greatest menaces faced by orthodox Christianity are Communism, Roman Catholicism and Mohamedanism'. (Plains Baptist Challenger, July 1977). May 28th 1978 in the Japanese newspaper 'Mainichi Daily News' Graham said, 'I think communism's appeal to youth is its structure and promise of a future utopia. Mao Tse-Tung's eight precepts are basically the same as the Ten Commandments. In fact if we can't have the Ten Commandments read in the schools I'll settle for Mao's precepts'.

Sept. 1977 at his crusade in Communist Hungary Billy said, 'I have come to build bridges ... our hearts and minds are changing'. He intimated that there is freedom of religion under communism. This is untrue. He declared, 'There was no restriction on my preaching'. However, Mr. F. Durston, Administrative Associate for the Toronto Graham Crusade said March 14th 1978 in a telephone conversation when asked about recent statements on communism by Dr. Graham which seemed to laud it, said 'Dr. Graham was warned he must not speak against the political situation in Hungary'. Mr. Graham's 'No strings attached' does not hold up. Dr. Graham was invited to Hungary by Dr. Sandor Palotay, President of the Council of Free Churches of Hungary, who works with other apostate, ecumenical and pro-red church leaders in Hungary. These leaders sponsored a conference called, 'The World Religious Conference For Lasting Peace, Disarmament and Just Relations Among Nations' held June 6-10, 1977. This promoted the communist line.

Another church leader was Rev. Karoly Toth who is a delegate to the World Council of Churches and General Secretary for the so-called 'Christian Peace Conference'. Billy was also warmly greeted by Dr. Tibor Bartha, head of the Ecumenical Council of Hungary Crusade and member of the WCC Central Committee. These men are traitors to their people. Speaking of his Hungary Crusade Graham declared that the churches are 'flourishing'. This statement is deceitful in two ways.
    1. Statistics remain the same year after year and no new churches.
    2. All Billy Graham saw was a prostitute church which permits itself to be seduced by godless atheism.
    Communism wasted no time in exploiting Graham's visit as it proclaimed in newspaper headlines, 'Billy Graham Lauds Freedom of Religion in Hungary'. In this Dr. Graham betrayed the true church which is persecuted, suffering and underground. Speaking of Hungary again, Graham said, 'Protestant leaders told me that they have more religious freedom now than they have ever had before'. Of course they said that. Billy Graham must know that this is not true. The sad, bitter sufferings of persecuted believers in gaol deny it. In communist countries no church is permitted openly and publicly unless they submit themselves to the absolute control of Red governments. (Christian Beacon, Sept. 8th, 22nd, 1977; 'Christian Morning Star' Jan. 1977).

Graham's surrender is unequivocally clear. Nov. 1967 he received an honorary degree from a Jesuit School, Belmont Abbey. Of that wicked system which has slain millions of God's people and is a system of spiritual darkness, Graham made this incredible statement, 'The Gospel that built this School and the Gospel that brings me here tonight is still the way to salvation'. Rome preaches another gospel God calls, 'anathema'. ('The Gastonia Gazette' Nov. 22nd 1967).

Oct. 29th 1963 Dr. Graham admitted to the 'Daily Journal' of International Falls, Minn., that at a Graham Crusade in San Paulo Brazil the Roman Catholic Bishop stood beside him and blessed the converts as they came forward. Graham said that this illustrated 'something tremendous, an awakening of reform and revival within Christianity' was happening. ('New York Times' Nov. 9th, 1963).

5th July 1968 in 'Christianity Today' Billy spoke of cooperation with apostate Romanism and said, 'I don't think we have all to unite and be one big church to do the work of God, but there are areas where we can cooperate'.

1st July 1966. Dr. Graham commended Dr. Leslie Weatherhead who was on Graham's platform. This infidel Weatherhead said that our Lord Jesus was born as a result of sexual relations between Mary and the priest Zacharias. ('Cooperative Evangelism at Harringay' by Boland; 'United Church Observer' July 1966).

July 1966 in this same 'United Church Observer', subscribing to theistic evolution (which pleases liberals and New Evangelicals), Graham said concerning creation, 'How you believe doesn't affect the doctrine. Either at a certain moment in evolution God breathed into one particular ape-man who was Adam, or God could have taken a handful of dust and blowed and created a man just like that' ('Sunday Magazine' June 1966). THIS IS LIBERALISM!

Gresham Machen once declared, 'liberalism is not Christianity'. Fifty years later the world's leading evangelist claims he is preaching Christianity but supports, promotes and encourages liberalism. Dr. Harold Ockenga, the father of New Evangelicalism once said that Billy Graham is the evangelist of New Evangelicalism which has accepted the non-Biblical philosophy of infiltration. The Bible commands separation.

1977 at Inter-Varsity's Urbana, Graham showed his indifference to the infallible Holy Scriptures when he said, 'evangelicals should avoid divisiveness over such matters as Biblical inerrancy' (as reported by Evangelical 'Press Service'). The Bible's inerrancy is Christianity's foundation. If it is not inerrant, we have no authority.

Billy Graham honoured the episcopal bishop Pike by asking him to lead in prayer at his San Francisco Crusade. Bishop Pike once said, 'I have abandoned ship on the doctrine of the Trinity' 'I have jettisoned the doctrine of the virgin birth of Jesus Christ'. ('Christian Beacon' Mar. 17th 1955).

The blood of Christ, without which there is no remission of sins, Graham avoids in his preaching. This doctrine upsets the liberal supporters. Feb. 29th 1968 on his own letterhead his staff says concerning the blood of Christ, 'this aspect of Christian doctrine he does not emphasize in his messages. This is the duty and prerogative of the pastors'.

Oct. 21st 1973 at Milwaukee Graham said, 'This past week I preached in a great Catholic cathedral ... as I sat there going through the funeral mass, that was a beautiful thing and certainly straight and clear in the Gospel I believe'. ('Billy Graham' by L.L. Bynum Lubbock, Texas). The Roman Catholic mass is a blasphemous fable.

Jan. 6th 1973. Advising a Roman Catholic couple disillusioned with their church, in the 'Sun Telegram' Billy Graham said, 'Don't pull out of the church. Stay in it ... help your church'. Graham has swallowed the seducing deceit of Vatican II which said concerning non-Romanists who were once called heretics and burned, 'These separated brethren are respected as baptized believers and gifted as they are by the Holy Spirit, their actions truly engender a life of grace'. Romanism used to anathematize Protestants, today it anathematizes them. Speaking on infant christening Graham said, 'I do believe that something happens at the baptism of an infant ... we cannot fully understand the mysteries of God, but I believe that a miracle can happen in these children so that they are regenerated, that is, made Christian, through infant baptism'. ('Lutheran Standard' 'Time' Oct. 27th 1961).

Oct. 1977. TV Broadcast during SE Michigan Crusade Dr. Graham said, 'We get just enough money to pay our bills'. Even as he said that he must have known, as was revealed some months later, that there was a secret fund of $23 million which was money given by Christians for evangelism. Graham admitted that some of this was given to organisations that are ecumenical and new evangelical. ('Plains Baptist Challenger' Nov. 1977).

Jan 1978 in an interview given to McCall's Magazine Graham said, 'I used to believe that pagans in far off countries were lost going to hell if they did not have the Gospel of Jesus Christ preached to them. I NO LONGER BELIEVE THAT. I believe that there are other ways of recognizing God through nature for instance and plenty of other ways of saying 'yes' to God'. Our blessed Lord Jesus said 'No man cometh unto the Father, but by Me' (John 14:6). Later, Billy's Minneapolis office issued a statement by Billy, 'On the whole I am pleased with the accuracy of the article (McCall's) ... a few statements unfortunately convey meanings which I never intended. This may be due to my own failure to make myself as plain as I should have'. He did not however, deny the statements or say that he was misquoted. In the same McCall's article Graham says, 'I've found that my beliefs are essentially the same as those of orthodox Roman Catholics ... we differ on some matters of later church tradition'.

Mar. 16th 1978 at the Royal York Hotel, Toronto, Graham spoke of calling the church back to 'Biblical authority' and then promptly proceeded to say that, 'Lutherans, Anglicans and Catholics are members of the body of Christ' without qualifying his statement with the Biblical essential of the new birth through repentance and faith in Christ. Billy's peculiar universalism came out as he spoke of 'The cosmic Christ Who is going to redeem all creation'. The Bible does not teach that. The contemporary cage of unclean birds called ecumenicity has the anathema of God upon it. Graham says, 'We communicate the Bible by our unity. I believe in ecumenicity'. The Bible erects barriers between light and darkness, between believers and unbelievers, between Christ and Belial. Yet Rev. Desmond Hunt, Anglican chairman of the Toronto Crusade says, 'When the corn is high, the fences disappear'. GOD ERECTED THOSE FENCES! Rev. Berkley Renolds, Crusade Committee member, a minister of the apostate United Church of Canada, spoke of 'This great ecumenical gathering' and urged his hearers to make the June Toronto Crusade, 'One of the greatest demonstrations of the ecumenicity of the Spirit'.

Modernists and apostates with whom Billy Graham has fellowshipped, and used in his crusades:
    • Henry Van Dusen Union Theological Seminary
    • Bishop James Pike, episcopal bishop
    • John Sutherland Bonnell
    • Robert McCracken, Minister of Riverside Church, New York
    • Dr. Geoffrey Fisher, Archbishop of Canterbury
    • Dr. Fred Townley Lord, British Methodist
    • Dr. Bertram Simpson, Bishop of Southwark
    • Dr. E.A. Payne, General Secretary of British Baptist Union
    • Bishop Gerald Kennedy, Methodist
    • Dr. Jesse Baird
    • Dr. Stanley E. Jones
    • Dr. Martin Luther King, Modernist in theology.
    The Lord Jesus said, 'If ye love Me, keep My commandments'. (John 14:15). God has said, 'To the law and to the testimony if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them'. (Isa 8:20). We ask every reader to study the following Scriptures and then compare their commands to the practices of Dr. Billy Graham.

Ephesians 5:11
    And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Corinthians 6:14-18
    Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

2 John 1:9-11
    Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

2 Thessalonians 3:6
    Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

Hosea 4:17
    Ephraim is joined to idols: let him alone.

2 Peter 2:1-2
    But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

1 Timothy 6:3-5
    If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

Romans 16:17
    Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

Revelation 18:4
    And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Matthew 7:15-16
    Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

2 Chronicles 19:2
    And Jehu the son of Hanani the seer went out to meet him, and said to king Jehoshaphat, Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the LORD? therefore is wrath upon thee from before the LORD.

THESE ARE THE COMMANDS OF GOD!

The great C.H. Spurgeon, upon whom the Spirit of God rested in such abundance said, 'I dread much the spirit which would tamper with Truth for the sake of united action, or for any other object under heaven the latitudinarian spirit which sneers at creeds and dogmas. TRUTH IS NO TRIFLE! Not so thought our fathers, when at the stake they gave themselves to death, or on the brown heather of Scotland fell beneath the swords of Claverhouse's Dragoons for truth which men nowadays count unimportant, but which being truths were to them so vital that they would sooner DIE than suffer them to be dishonoured.

O for the same uncompromising love of truth! ..... I pray God evermore to preserve us from unity in which the truth shall be considered valueless, in which principle gives place to policy, in which the noble and masculine virtues which adorn the Christian hero are to be supplemented by an effeminate affection of charity. May the Lord deliver us from indifference to His word and will ... may God perpetually send some prophet who shall cry aloud to the world, 'Your covenant with death shall be disannulled, your agreement with Hell shall not stand'. May there ever be found some men though they be rough as Amos, or stern as Haggai, who shall denounce again and again all league with error and all compromise with sin, and declare that these are the abhorrence of God ... The destruction of every sort of union which is not based on TRUTH, is a preliminary to the edification of the unity of the Spirit'.

Very simply, if the Bible be true Billy Graham is not only wrong but has been and now is a serious danger to the purity of the Gospel and the Church. If the Bible be true, then every blood- bought child of God cannot support or promote the Billy Graham Crusades anywhere. Unscriptural means can never justify the end, be it evangelism or ought else. We appeal earnestly to churches and believers to prayerfully consider the factual information contained in this pamphlet, which is fully documented. Your first loyalty and allegiance is to the Lord Jesus Christ. Your only authority for faith and practice is God's Holy inspired and inerrant Word.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Billy Graham..What does he teach?

Clearly Billy Graham teaches a false gospel, I have known for some time that he teaches the wider hope etc:, rather like the alpha course teachings.But in the article you posted it speaks of c.h.spurgeon it says the Great spurgeon and makes him out to be a champion for truth,. making men out to be some thing they are not is what causes people to look to men and not to Jesus,. Spurgeon himself endorsed John Wesley so do think he would have been any different with Billy Graham,....... Jesus is the way the truth the life. Ivor Thomas.