Pristine Grace

Thread: Christians as "Salt of the Earth"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Christians as "Salt of the Earth"

With the current uprising of gay marriage, are we to go to the City Court House and sing songs and praise to the Lord and preach against this abomination? I don't seem to recall either Christ in the Gospels or the apostles in the narratives doing this type of activity. This issue is weighing heavy on my conscience and I've been in prayer over this whole issue.

It seems like Christians have a lot in common with Lot: "who was oppressed by the filthy conduct of the wicked (for that righteous man, dwelling among them, tormented his righteous soul from day to day by seeing and hearing their lawless deeds)-- then the Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations and to reserve the unjust under punishment for the day of judgment"

What is our role in this present evil age?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Christians as "Salt of the Earth"

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse
    What is our role in this present evil age?
    The 'age' has always been evil and therefore our role has been the same throughout history since Jesus walked the earth.

Your question reminded me of John 6:28 where the crowd asked Jesus "What must we do, to be doing the works of God?" to which Jesus replied: "This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent." Isaiah said that those who believe will hear a voice behind them saying 'this is the way, walk in it' (Is. 30:21). That's about as far as the bible goes on answering questions like yours

I tend to think we are not called to march with slogans and the like but to do good to all as we have opportunity, doing "all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast the word of life (Phil 2:14-16a)

Martin